Getting back into cars

WNYBuckHunter

1 hour ago, rob-c said:

Wnybuckhunter  your braver than I,  shortly after I got my truck I was heading back to work from getting gas on lunch and there’s a long straight stretch through town. Stoped at a light and a kid pulls up next to me in a  Chevy truck with a aftermarket exhaust  , hits the loud pedal a few times and I look over and he’s looking at me. I thought about it , but came to my senses . He punched it when the light turned, and I just drove normal . 

I had just bought my g8 and it was the spring of 2010. I was a younger man, but still old enough to know better. A bunch of teens pull up in a late 90's monte carlo and start shouting at me that they will roast me. I had previously had a gtp of the same wbody drivetrain and knew this was utter bs and yet the immature kid still left in me felt i needed to prove it.

well, lets just say a 97 in a 45 on transit isn't a fun court appearance. they give you a special court for that. I'm a smarter man now, but yeah it's hard not to use those 400+horses sometimes.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Pigmy said:

is that the aftermarket add or factory? that's really bad ass. 

Aftermarket. It had regular puddle lights from the factory, and theres a guy that I met in a Hellcat forum that makes these as direct replacements. Took less than 10 minutes to do both sides.

Im looking at a few different LED lit door sill plates, but havent decided on one yet. Id like to have "SRT" on those.

On 7/31/2019 at 2:21 PM, rob-c said:

Wnybuckhunter  your braver than I,  shortly after I got my truck I was heading back to work from getting gas on lunch and there’s a long straight stretch through town. Stoped at a light and a kid pulls up next to me in a  Chevy truck with a aftermarket exhaust  , hits the loud pedal a few times and I look over and he’s looking at me. I thought about it , but came to my senses . He punched it when the light turned, and I just drove normal . 

i've done what you did with my dad's "chick mobile" and had the other car get pulled over just up the road. lol  i've dusted a friend also and got pulled over just up the road when i was younger.  tickets are too much a PITA but just in case I don't own anything fast. well not for vehicles.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 1:58 PM, WNYBuckHunter said:

So I havent been on the site much lately, as Ive had a ton going. I figured Id update this though and share some pics of my new toy. The kids decided I should name her Vanessa, so I went with it.

At first I was thinking of a bunch of modifications that I wanted to do, but since Ive had her, I decided to really trim down the list, as shes pretty much perfect the way she is. So far I installed some new puddle lights, and it already had a light window tint. Im going to add a JLT "cold air" intake, although these cars come with a great flowing intake and ram air from the factory. I just want the JLT to open it up a bit and hear more supercharger whine. Ill spruce a few other things up under the hood as well, to set it off a bit from other Hellcats, but thats about it.

She is a bad ass ride, thats for sure. I actually had an Orange Lamboghini Diablo pull up to me at a light on Monday. I asked him if he wanted to go, but he shook his head and said "I dont want none of that." I guess he knew better hahaha.

Pics are from when I detailed it the other day.

64317669_2901175019909694_2895263451670642688_n.jpg

67339984_2901174776576385_4937091827607011328_n.jpg

67404172_2901174773243052_2015588681263349760_n.jpg

67466837_2905266739500522_4239199490713583616_n.jpg

67735715_2901174913243038_5742420112825122816_n.jpg

67826689_2901174919909704_3078344386942074880_n.jpg

i can't lie or withhold the truth. in one of these pictures i looked right past the car i should've been drooling over and noticed the MOPAR toolboxs in the background.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

i can't lie or withhold the truth. in one of these pictures i looked right past the car i should've been drooling over and noticed the MOPAR toolboxs in the background.

They provide the tools for anyone who dare buy a mopar !

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

They provide the tools for anyone who dare buy a mopar !

growing up on a farm where i used tools every day i like his tool collection.  i've heard car friends say "it ain't broke, so i'm not fixing it. i'm just making it faster." can't imagine this car has any issues. that's all i'm going to say about that. lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

growing up on a farm where i used tools every day i like his tool collection.  i've heard car friends say "it ain't broke, so i'm not fixing it. i'm just making it faster." can't imagine this car has any issues. that's all i'm going to say about that. lol

I'm hoping you're the only one that can't take a joke or i'll delete my comment. 

• Haha 1

We are starting a HuntingNY bettign parlor.   The over under on WNY's  number of tickets by December 1st is 3. lol

Under. Doesn’t get WNY start getting snow late August? That car will be garaged all winter I assume

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I didn't really even think that far into the comment , i just saw mopar and started typing 

anyway.... if john gets pulled over is he going to insist the office refer to his car as Vanessa? that's what i really want to know. well and if the office complies.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

New Nitto NT555Rs are in. Just waiting for the fronts and then you guys should expect some good burnout pics and videos of me finishing off the old ones! 

A099A3AE-27E3-46EB-ACF2-7638300C9751.jpeg

Funny story on "finishing off tires"  I was a jr in HS and friend a few doors down who was a senior had a 69 Charger that he dropped a 400 4 barrel in I believe. "Hop in he says." We drive to the nearest parking lot. "open your door "  I'm like why? " I'm getting new tires. He punches it and we never moved an inch, just sat there spinning and smoke started piling in thru the wheel wells and doors open were to allow the smoke to waft back out. I can still smell that rubber smell of tire stuck in my nose 30 years later.   He also outran a village cop. I'm like great Mike but you can't outrun a radio. His uncle was a detective for same police station and got him out of that jam.

Enjoy the car John, she's a sexy beast for sure

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...