Getting back into cars

WNYBuckHunter

7 minutes ago, Belo said:

you think my 6 is stock? :rofl:

140? hahahahahahhahah

It would be a good race ,even if on paper your bike with mods comes out on top ,there is way more room for user error on your bike against an automatic car . I'm just saying it would be a good race.

Just now, Jeremy K said:

It would be a good race ,even if on paper your bike with mods comes out on top ,there is way more room for user error on your bike against an automatic car . I'm just saying it would be a good race.

oh I know. I'm just having fun. It's a $3k plastic bike. It's just fun sometimes to see car guys get riled up over crotch rockets. Like dude, of course I would rather have your $70k car. I'm a car guy myself and I suspected wny wouldn't take the bait.

But it's not just as simple for him to mash the gas either, all that hp isn't sh!t if he can't grip (I suspect that's why he's getting new tires ;) )

3 minutes ago, Belo said:

just in case i wasn't clear earlier, the charger hellcat or srt is on my short list of next cars. I totally respect it and want one. Me posting my 15 year old crotch rocket isn't a jab of anykind. just having fun. My 420hp (also not stock) G8 you would whoop easily, but she's still mighty quick. But she doesn't cost me anything and only has 62k on her. Tough for me to bite off a new car payment.

Image-1.jpg.01711b778cfce6c4ac8a52475a49b9af.jpg

Oh I didnt take it as a jab at all, Im always game for a little fun, regardless if I end up winning or not. Im not one of those guys that thinks my car is the baddest on the planet, or gets upset if I lose. Its all in good fun. I love that G8, always thought they were a good looking, fun car to drive.

Honestly, sometimes having the Hellcat gets boring in a way, not many out there will even go because they are afraid of getting gapped. As long as the weather cooperates, Im going to take her down to Empire Dragway next Friday night and get my butt kicked for a few hours lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Belo said:

oh I know. I'm just having fun. It's a $3k plastic bike. It's just fun sometimes to see car guys get riled up over crotch rockets. Like dude, of course I would rather have your $70k car. I'm a car guy myself and I suspected wny wouldn't take the bait.

But it's not just as simple for him to mash the gas either, all that hp isn't sh!t if he can't grip (I suspect that's why he's getting new tires ;) )

The new tires have made a world of difference. The old tires wouldnt get traction hardly at all, I spun on a 50 roll with it, it was just stupid. Traction can still be an issue from a stop or even a slow roll, but once Im over 30, she just grips and goes!

3 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Oh I didnt take it as a jab at all, Im always game for a little fun, regardless if I end up winning or not. Im not one of those guys that thinks my car is the baddest on the planet, or gets upset if I lose. Its all in good fun. I love that G8, always thought they were a good looking, fun car to drive.

Honestly, sometimes having the Hellcat gets boring in a way, not many out there will even go because they are afraid of getting gapped. As long as the weather cooperates, Im going to take her down to Empire Dragway next Friday night and get my butt kicked for a few hours lol.

that fear of getting gapped is warranted though. My car still puts me back in my seat and I can still break the back wheels free... I can't imagine another 300hp on top of that. In a world where we're getting less and less muscle, the hellcats are still (relatively) affordable monsters. The new c8 has my eye too, but I've always been a sucker for the 4 door...

• Like 1

BTW, a guy I know in the Hellcat world just set the new bar for all steel, factory frame and block Hellcats. He was the first one to break into the 8s and the other day he broke into the 7s. Im pretty sure the car has more in it as well.

https://www.allpar.com/news/2019/08/the-epling-garage-hellcat-challenger-is-in-the-7s-45671

20 minutes ago, Belo said:

stock for stock. (bench racing is all i have left, my street racing days are well behind me)

charger 10.59

05 r6 10.54

https://www.torquenews.com/106/hellcat-dodge-charger-runs-1059-quarter-mile-stock-power

https://www.cycleworld.com/sport-rider/tech/sportbike-performance-numbers/

If you can get that R6 to run anywhere even remotely close to a 10.54 then you are one hell of a rider. I am at Lebonan Valley all the time and there are tons of liter bikes that race all the time that don't run that number. Getting a good 60ft time on a bike is very hard to do and that first 60ft means everything in a quarter mile. I have a CBR 1000 and a 2003 Z06. Of course the bike is faster but in a quarter mile (I have raced them both) I get down the track faster in the Z. Car 1.5xx 60 ft.....Bike 2.2xx 60 ft and I have been riding a long time....

I wouldn't bet racing WNY's hell cat with either my car or my bike....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Belo said:

that fear of getting gapped is warranted though. My car still puts me back in my seat and I can still break the back wheels free... I can't imagine another 300hp on top of that. In a world where we're getting less and less muscle, the hellcats are still (relatively) affordable monsters. The new c8 has my eye too, but I've always been a sucker for the 4 door...

One of the reasons I wanted this car was that its kind of a throwback to what muscle cars were meant to be in alot of ways. Sure, it has a ton of tech built into it, but at the core, this thing is pure muscle car. When I was a kid, I always remember thinking of the 450hp mark as being incredibly hard to achieve in a car with good street manners. Who would have thought that we would have 700+ horsepower off the showroom floor in a car that you can throw the kids in, go to hockey practice and pick the groceries up with the day before you go on a weekend drive down to the drag strip and run sub-11 second passes, and then drive the thing back home?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

One of the reasons I wanted this car was that its kind of a throwback to what muscle cars were meant to be in alot of ways. Sure, it has a ton of tech built into it, but at the core, this thing is pure muscle car. When I was a kid, I always remember thinking of the 450hp mark as being incredibly hard to achieve in a car with good street manners. Who would have thought that we would have 700+ horsepower off the showroom floor in a car that you can throw the kids in, go to hockey practice and pick the groceries up with the day before you go on a weekend drive down to the drag strip and run sub-11 second passes, and then drive the thing back home?

that's what i liked about it. I like tech. Never understood the disdain for it. It makes my life easier and more convenient. It's good mixture of modern creature comforts and old school nasty muscle. 

and taking the kids to practice is why i love the 4 door. can't do that in the c8.

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1