Geneva, NY is a pretty friendly little city...

philoshop

7 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Geneva is a city as well as Canandaigua , except there is also the Town Of Canandaigua.

It’s the , type of Government , powers allotted the Gov . , services and the like that define a city .

here this says it better

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administrative_divisions_of_New_York_(state)

I live in the Town of Geneva, rather than the City of Geneva.

16 hours ago, philoshop said:

I spoke with Vonnie's boyfriend/husband today about a GTG at their place. He said hell yeh. He mentioned the fact that on Tuesdays they have a large group of women taking up seats in the place for lunch and drinks, and on Thursdays it's a large group of retired men doing the same. If it happens to rain and we need to move indoors from the deck those would be two days to avoid. Monday the 15th or Wednesday the 17th would work before Taco finishes his visit. Let me know your thoughts.

I have no problem sharing the place with a group of women! Just sayin!

• Haha 1

I spoke with Vonnie today. She's all in, but she pointed out that Tuesdays and Thursdays are kinda crowded inside the bar if it happens to rain outside. If anyone is interested, let me know. Otherwise I'll have lunch with 2012 Taco and his wife on either 7/15 or 7/17. Hopefully it will be outside on the deck with a nice lake view.

• Like 1

Geneva is incorporated as a city. Has been for over a hundred years. The population is just over 16,000 people, i believe, so it's a relatively small city. It's still a city, and my construction business is still an LLC even though I've done absolutely no work for several years.
Was there an argument somewhere here?

Relatively small? I’d say so. My TOWN of Webster is 42k.

I’m not arguing it’s technical status, just funny to hear it called a city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, Belo said:

In Steuben County there are two cities..The City of Corning has a population of about 11,000....The City of Hornell has a population of about 8,000'''The nearest BIG city is Elmira,  in Chemung County with a population of about 30,000, and a fair number of them are there due to the presence of two  maximum security prisons housing many  ex  residents from the Rochester area and other urban areas in NY, plus their friends and families...That's why there are now shootings and stabbings on a daily basis in Elmira, which was  NOT an issue before they moved in the hard core criminals AND THIER FAMILIES...

3 hours ago, Belo said:

I built a whole bunch of houses in Webster back in the late 1970's and early 1980's. At the time I believe the population was well under 20,000 residents, and it may have been pretty close to 10,000. I'm not sure what your argument is about.

On 6/11/2019 at 8:47 PM, philoshop said:

I built a whole bunch of houses in Webster back in the late 1970's and early 1980's. At the time I believe the population was well under 20,000 residents, and it may have been pretty close to 10,000. I'm not sure what your argument is about.

i have no argument. just funny to hear geneva being called a city. don't overthink it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/10/2019 at 6:48 PM, philoshop said:

I spoke with Vonnie today. She's all in, but she pointed out that Tuesdays and Thursdays are kinda crowded inside the bar if it happens to rain outside. If anyone is interested, let me know. Otherwise I'll have lunch with 2012 Taco and his wife on either 7/15 or 7/17. Hopefully it will be outside on the deck with a nice lake view.

Vonnes boathouse  on Monday 7-15 for lunch sounds good to me. The weather so far looks good so my wife and i will be on the scooters. Anyone in the area care to meet up? 

• Like 1