New to us boat.

Gencountyzeek

Zeek , bird island , north gap , round water intake all by breakwall on Erie always hot for smallmouth. 1/8 ounce jig heads and 3” black n white Gulp minnows jigged ever so lightly. Baitstore in Erie basin marina opens at 6 am for crawfish ( aka sheephead crack bait ). We’ll be out there tomorrow. Hoping for an eye or two too 

congrats on the new boat ! 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, philoshop said:

You're guaranteed two happy days. The day you buy it and the day you sell it. Enjoy the days in between.

Lol.. I have always heard that.. I bought my boat well used 3 years ago and have enjoyed at least 150 days on it.. with zero problems.. where is that wood to knock on...

Hopefully Gen's luck is as good as mine when it comes to boats..;)

• Haha 1

Put a new radio and speakers in the boat yesterday. And my dad had this incredibly low hour 9.9hp yammie sittin in his basement that was on the 14ft seanymph that i sold today. Now its our kicker motor. Need to figure out a place for a auxiliary gas tank for it and get a connecting rod to the main motor.

20190614_153747.jpg

20190614_135503.jpg

Edited by Gencountyzeek
  • Like 4

Get some fish over the side of that thing ! Seaswirl known for a solid hull that can handle the snot. Should fish real nice !

And now the parts list.
Rod holders
Fishing tackle - a box for all species
Electronics
Downriggers
Fishhawk
Rods and reels
Etc etc

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 6:56 PM, Gencountyzeek said:

Put a new radio and speakers in the boat yesterday. And my dad had this incredibly low hour 9.9hp yammie sittin in his basement that was on the 14ft seanymph that i sold today. Now its our kicker motor. Need to figure out a place for a auxiliary gas tank for it and get a connecting rod to the main motor.

20190614_153747.jpg

it's funny, tunes would be my first priority too. haha

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

Get some fish over the side of that thing ! Seaswirl known for a solid hull that can handle the snot. Should fish real nice !

And now the parts list.
Rod holders
Fishing tackle - a box for all species
Electronics
Downriggers
Fishhawk
Rods and reels
Etc etc

I have 4 line counter rods setup, my dad has 2, the boat came with a lowrance elite 7ti so we are set for that. I have a sh$t ton of dipsys, jet divers, other stuff i picked up in the past to get down deep. Dont know if its gonna get riggers... have a ton of worm harnesses, stick baits. Ordering a pair of double rod holders soon, that will give us the ability to troll 8 rods. 

Edited by Gencountyzeek
  • Like 1

I have 4 line counter rods setup, my dad has 2, the boat came with a lowrance elite 7ti so we are set for that. I have a sh$t ton of dipsys, jet divers, other stuff i picked up in the past to get down deep. Dont know if its gonna get riggers... have a ton of worm harnesses, stick baits. Ordering a pair of double rod holders soon, that will give us the ability to troll 8 rods. 
You will never have enough!

Just don't get plastic rod holders like Scotty's. They work but will not take abuse or cold.

Also consider having extra rod holders in case you have to move things around. I like to run a 9 rod spread and have 16 total rod holders. 4 towards the bow and 12 in the back. I've tried a bunch of different brands, cannon dual axis are my fav

• Like 1