Came across this boat for sale

Steuben Jerry

2000 Starcraft 18ft Fish and Ski. A little dirty, but nice boat for the age and for what is. 125 Mercury O/B. Canvas looks brand new. Ski pylon, stereo, electric anchor. Guy is asking $4200 but already said he’d move on the price. Drove by it a few miles down the road. Sold my last power boat last spring. I haven’t heard it run but older guy who owns it says it runs smooth. 

I wasn’t looking for a boat, but...

6C09D433-5E31-45C3-A45D-F1141639981C.jpeg

2A1358CD-FEB9-49FF-B7BC-0DB8EE139080.jpeg

57598529-E743-4E83-8F93-8AB67E81B818.jpeg

• Like 9

Looks to be in really nice shape!  Heck,.....the motor alone is worth 4k!! The canvas work looks sweet too.

If you are looking to get another boat, this would be a good one. The fish and ski is a great option, for family fun, or a day fishing with your buddy.

Best of both worlds.

Let us know how ya make out Jerry.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

2000 Starcraft 18ft Fish and Ski. A little dirty, but nice boat for the age and for what is. 125 Mercury O/B. Canvas looks brand new. Ski pylon, stereo, electric anchor. Guy is asking $4200 but already said he’d move on the price. Drove by it a few miles down the road. Sold my last power boat last spring. I haven’t heard it run but older guy who owns it says it runs smooth. 

You only live once, and it’s only money. Pull the trigger.  Then go enjoy that baby with the family..

• Like 2

Looks like a nice rig for the money. Is the interior decent and floor solid? Its still 19 years old and boats that old can be mint to absolute junk depending on how they were taken care off. 

My boat is a 2000 and while not perfect it is still very nice but it is always stored inside in the winter and under a carport all summer so it is always dry and out of the sun....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

Is that made of wood? Also I just noticed is that being towed by a Buick?!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Fiberglass,  Buick ? Yep. Never owned a truck till last Fall . That Buick towed boats, and toted tons of deer home from the farm .

Also I think the boat posted is very nice , and would be a nice purchase .  If it was local I’d think about it, well as except for the no wake laws, on the Lake and Bay where I do 90% of my boating , and that fact that the ramps are flooded making them unusable. 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2019 at 7:58 PM, Steuben Jerry said:

That's a pretty nice boat but I would try to talk him down to about 3500 if I  were you.  Market is  flooded with old boats . People get them then realize what a pain in the ass they are and want out .

1 hour ago, Storm914 said:

That's a pretty nice boat but I would try to talk him down to about 3500 if I  were you.  Market is  flooded with old boats . People get them then realize what a pain in the ass they are and want out .

People say that all the time. I never understand this thought process....Is it because you can't perform basic maintenance yourself? I am on my third boat. I had a 1983 Sportcraft with a 60 HP Merc....Then I bought a 1988 Searay Seville 19 ft bowrider that I owned for over 25 years. The only reason I got rid of it is because the interior became brittle and I didn't feel the boat was worth installing new interior in so I started looking for another boat. 6 or 7 years ago I bought a 2000 Regal LSR 21 ft that had spun a rod bearing (because the guy didn't catch a simple intake gasket leak and the motor filled with water) from a guy that basically said the same thing as you. He was tired of the money pit. I bought the boat for a song, put a short block in it and it has been perfect for 7 summers. I don't understand what people think is a PIA about owning a boat. I can't imagine summer without going to the lake whenever I can....I love boats!!!

The only thing I agree with on your post is you can find some really nice boats for some great prices....

8 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Boat selling 101: move and mow under the boat so potential buyers cant gauge how long its been for sale

Agree. I'd say to the seller, "based on the length of grass under your boat, the price is too high. Therefore, my offer is $2,200."

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

People say that all the time. I never understand this thought process....Is it because you can't perform basic maintenance yourself? I am on my third boat. I had a 1983 Sportcraft with a 60 HP Merc....Then I bought a 1988 Searay Seville 19 ft bowrider that I owned for over 25 years. The only reason I got rid of it is because the interior became brittle and I didn't feel the boat was worth installing new interior in so I started looking for another boat. 6 or 7 years ago I bought a 2000 Regal LSR 21 ft that had spun a rod bearing (because the guy didn't catch a simple intake gasket leak and the motor filled with water) from a guy that basically said the same thing as you. He was tired of the money pit. I bought the boat for a song, put a short block in it and it has been perfect for 7 summers. I don't understand what people think is a PIA about owning a boat. I can't imagine summer without going to the lake whenever I can....I love boats!!!

The only thing I agree with on your post is you can find some really nice boats for some great prices....

So you never heard the saying the two happiest days of a boaters life is the day he buys a boat and the day he sells it .

People buy them then get sick of them just cost of storage at marina and  maintenance if you're not really into it  it  just becomes a hassle for people.

5 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

So you never heard the saying the two happiest days of a boaters life is the day he buys a boat and the day he sells it .

People buy them then get sick of them just cost of storage at marina and  maintenance if you're not really into it  it  just becomes a hassle for people.

Oh yea, I have heard it a lot....Just don't understand it....To me there is no better place than on the lake....

2 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

Oh yea, I have heard it a lot....Just don't understand it....To me there is no better place than on the lake....

Believe it or not I know  more then one guy that traded in the big powerboat for a kayak or even if they have the big powerboat use the kayak more  just because it is less of a headache to move around .  Lol 

Edited by Storm914

Just now, Storm914 said:

Believe it or not I no more then one guy that traded in the big powerboat for a kayak or even if they have the big powerboat use the kayak more  just because it less of a head ache.  Lol 

We've got two kayaks, a canoe, and a 12ft aluminum with a Yamaha 4hp. I've got that end of the spectrum covered, but the powerboat end of the spectrum is currently sitting vacant.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Believe it or not I no more then one guy that traded in the big powerboat for a kayak or even if they have the big powerboat use the kayak more  just because it less of a head ache.  Lol 

I like kayaking as well. I guess a lot of people don't see it the way I do. None of my boats have been a PITA. I do pay to launch my boat at a private marina 99% of the time because I can't deal with all the people that can't get their boat on and off the trailer. To me it is a very simple process but to many people it looks like the most difficult thing they have ever tried to accomplish. I guess if it took me an hour to get my boat on and off the trailer and then I had problems with the boat on top of it, that would ruin my day and I would get rid of it in a hurry...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ApexerER said:

I like kayaking as well. I guess a lot of people don't see it the way I do. None of my boats have been a PITA. I do pay to launch my boat at a private marina 99% of the time because I can't deal with all the people that can't get their boat on and off the trailer. To me it is a very simple process but to many people it looks like the most difficult thing they have ever tried to accomplish. I guess if it took me an hour to get my boat on and off the trailer and then I had problems with the boat on top of it, that would ruin my day and I would get rid of it in a hurry...

I've had some fun times at the old public launch near Charlotte in Rochester. I've been boating since the early 80's. I've seen just about everything there! Some comical times for sure, and plenty of people with just a tad too much alcohol trying to get there boat back on the trailer.

3 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

agree there! My smaller boats were always way more work.  My fishing boat -- unhook a couple of straps , back in and ready.   Can be on the water in 5 minutes.