Came across this boat for sale

Steuben Jerry

19 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I've had some fun times at the old public launch near Charlotte in Rochester. I've been boating since the early 80's. I've seen just about everything there! Some comical times for sure, and plenty of people with just a tad too much alcohol trying to get there boat back on the trailer.

Where I launch my boat now on Sacandaga Lake, If you are not efficient getting in and out of the water the owner doesn't welcome you back. She watches everyone. I have had her tell people to watch my wife and I. Back in the water while my wife has a line....She swings it around the dock to the other side in about 30 seconds so we are out of the way for the next person while I am parking the truck...Bam we are out of there. Same going on....drive the boat on the trailer, my wife hooks it up and a couple cranks to make sure it is tight and my wife pulls me out less than a minute later. I love that she doesn't let people mess around!!! No aggravation to start or end the day. Its worth the $20 spot to launch all day long.....Sometimes I will go to Saratoga Lake after work to go fishing with a couple buddies since I live about 10 minutes from the launch. I dread going to the public launch there and that is during the week. I won't go near that place on the weekend. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ApexerER said:

Where I launch my boat now on Sacandaga Lake, If you are not efficient getting in and out of the water the owner doesn't welcome you back. She watches everyone. I have had her tell people to watch my wife and I. Back in the water while my wife has a line....She swings it around the dock to the other side in about 30 seconds so we are out of the way for the next person while I am parking the truck...Bam we are out of there. Same going on....drive the boat on the trailer, my wife hooks it up and a couple cranks to make sure it is tight and my wife pulls me out less than a minute later. I love that she doesn't let people mess around!!! No aggravation to start or end the day. Its worth the $20 spot to launch all day long.....Sometimes I will go to Saratoga Lake after work to go fishing with a couple buddies since I live about 10 minutes from the launch. I dread going to the public launch there and that is during the week. I won't go near that place on the weekend. 

On Sacandaga I like Laskies Grove to launch, down in Mayfield. 

I NEVER-EVER go to the state launch on Saratoga!!!  Always, South Shore Marina. And never a state launch anywhere on a weekend if I have another option. Some of the dumbest things I've seen humans do, have been at a state boat launch.

A tournament is the place to see maximum efficiency for loading and unloading boats. I've seen 40 or 50 boats launched in half an hour or less.

19 minutes ago, grampy said:

On Sacandaga I like Laskies Grove to launch, down in Mayfield. 

I NEVER-EVER go to the state launch on Saratoga!!!  Always, South Shore Marina. And never a state launch anywhere on a weekend if I have another option. Some of the dumbest things I've seen humans do, have been at a state boat launch.

A tournament is the place to see maximum efficiency for loading and unloading boats. I've seen 40 or 50 boats launched in half an hour or less.

My mind has slipped me on the name of where I launch on Sacandaga. It isn't Laskies for sure. Its bugging me that I can't remember it. South Shore is much easier on Saratoga but is the complete opposite end of the lake for me so I would have to go all the way around the lake. If I went to Saratoga on a weekend driving around the lake would be worth it but not for a couple hours after work. Ugg, the name will come to me as soon as I hit send....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nytracker said:

That sucks . If your a Ford man my brother in law is a salesman  at dealership in Horseheads . 

Thanks! Looking at a Toyota or Honda small to medium sized sedan. Kind of zeroed in on a Civic. Current car is a 2015 Elantra with 210k miles. Yes, we drive a ton, lol. It’s our daily commute car. Transmission (auto) has been shifting funny for a few weeks, and since the ride in to work on Monday morning it’s making a bit of noise which seems to be getting worse.  Don’t want to put any real $ into it at this point, would rather dump it on a trade. Scouring the local dealer websites for deals on Civics and/or Camrys.

Hoping the boat sits quietly for a week or two. It’s parked on a village side street and I don’t see it listed on Craigslist or any other site. 

Shhh, I’m gonna keep it a secret.

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Thanks! Looking at a Toyota or Honda small to medium sized sedan. Kind of zeroed in on a Civic. Current car is a 2015 Elantra with 210k miles. Yes, we drive a ton, lol. It’s our daily commute car. Transmission (auto) has been shifting funny for a few weeks, and since the ride in to work on Monday morning it’s making a bit of noise which seems to be getting worse.  Don’t want to put any real $ into it at this point, would rather dump it on a trade. Scouring the local dealer websites for deals on Civics and/or Camrys.

Hoping the boat sits quietly for a week or two. It’s parked on a village side street and I don’t see it listed on Craigslist or any other site. 

Shhh, I’m gonna keep it a secret.

Just go get it....YOLO!!!

23 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Just bought a 2017 Civic for my wife. Depleted my play money somewhat.

I get that....easy to say...harder to do....

You don't want to be kicking yourself though cause you needed to wait a couple of weeks....

2 hours ago, ApexerER said:

I get that....easy to say...harder to do....

You don't want to be kicking yourself though cause you needed to wait a couple of weeks....

I know and agree. Have to work out an angle. Bought a new Tundra within the last year also. That’s a lot of purchases for me!

Edited by Steuben Jerry

19 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I know and agree. Have to work out an angle. Bought a new Tundra within the last year also. That’s a lot of purchases for me!

Stop and look it over really good....Maybe that will make your decision easy one way or the other.  Maybe there will be something that tells you to walk away or something that tells you, you have to make it happen. Either way the decision will be easier....If you go look and you are somewhere  in the middle and it gets sold, then you won't be feeling as bad about it either. The decision will be made for you...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ApexerER said:

Stop and look it over really good....Maybe that will make your decision easy one way or the other.  Maybe there will be something that tells you to walk away or something that tells you, you have to make it happen. Either way the decision will be easier....If you go look and you are somewhere  in the middle and it gets sold, then you won't be feeling as bad about it either. The decision will be made for you...

Good suggestion, and I think I'm doing exactly that on the way home. Here's a new twist - my wife wants us to get it. But I'm the accountant and CFO of the household and as such, do all of the fretting about things like our budget. Nonetheless, we'll be stopping by tonight if it's not pouring. At least a drive-by to see if it's still there.

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 5

21 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Good suggestion, and I think I'm doing exactly that on the way home. Here's a new twist - my wife wants us to get it. But I'm the accountant and CFO of the household and as such, do all of the fretting about things like our budget. Nonetheless, we'll be stopping by tonight if it's not pouring. At least a drive-by to see if it's still there.

How did you make out?