Steuben Jerry

Came across this boat for sale

49 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

How did you make out?

Still there, looked like nobody was home and it was pouring rain. Going to call this afternoon to see if I can hear it run and take a closer look at things tonight. Maybe that thing will get added to my driveway this weekend after all. 

• Like 3

Bought the thing. Seven days ago I wasn’t in the market for a boat. Damn funny how these things happen!

Didn't try it in the water, just on muffs. Started right up, ran smooth, sounded fine when revved up, and shifted cleanly in forward and reverse. Trim pump sounded like it should. Electric anchor seems nice, never had one on my other boats. Solid floor and transom, full fiberglass interior in good enough shape for the age. It should clean up well.

Nice surprise - fore and aft livewells!! One pump replaced last year. Didn’t know it had that. Inexpensive eagle fish finder but it works. Seats are old but all in good shape. Two pedestal seats for fishing. Trailer has surge brakes. 3 point ski pylon and he threw in a tube and pair of skis. 

Nice guy, we shot the breeze for a half hour. $3800. I think this may have been a good buy! Trip to the bank for a withdrawal tomorrow morning!

• Like 12

Congrats...

.. and thank you.

Didn't want you to say you weren't going to buy it and then I would have to ask where it was .....so I could .

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Bought the thing. Seven days ago I wasn’t in the market for a boat. Damn funny how these things happen!

Didn't try it in the water, just on muffs. Started right up, ran smooth, sounded fine when revved up, and shifted cleanly in forward and reverse. Trim pump sounded like it should. Electric anchor seems nice, never had one on my other boats. Solid floor and transom, full fiberglass interior in good enough shape for the age. It should clean up well.

Nice surprise - fore and aft livewells!! One pump replaced last year. Didn’t know it had that. Inexpensive eagle fish finder but it works. Seats are old but all in good shape. Two pedestal seats for fishing. Trailer has surge brakes. 3 point ski pylon and he threw in a tube and pair of skis. 

Nice guy, we shot the breeze for a half hour. $3800. I think this may have been a good buy! Trip to the bank for a withdrawal tomorrow morning!

Well, that does sound like a good deal. Enjoy the new toy neighbor.. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Congrats Jerry!  You got a heck of a deal!  Looking forward to the on the water fishing pic's!!!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, grampy said:

Congrats Jerry!  You got a heck of a deal!  Looking forward to the on the water fishing pic's!!!

Thanks, we’ll hopefully get her in our driveway tomorrow afternoon and I’ll spend a couple of weeks going through it and cleaning it up, but looking for the first windless day to water test it. I’ll try to be in good shape for the Fourth of July.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Thanks, we’ll hopefully get her in our driveway tomorrow afternoon and I’ll spend a couple of weeks going through it and cleaning it up, but looking for the first windless day to water test it. I’ll try to be in good shape for the Fourth of July.

Home! Now where’s my can of elbow grease?

9453B6FB-75F0-4AEC-A993-114B172F2D0F.jpeg

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Home! Now where’s my can of elbow grease?

9453B6FB-75F0-4AEC-A993-114B172F2D0F.jpeg

Now that looks much better than a car !

• Like 1

On 6/14/2019 at 9:29 PM, Steuben Jerry said:

Awesome.....Really looks like a heck of a deal......Congrats on the new toy!

• Like 1