New York State Drivers Licenses for Illegals?

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2019/s1747/amendment/a

A person illegally here is already an alleged criminal by virtue of their breaking immigration laws of the United States of America.  So what prevents them from making a false application of their driving record that would question their ability to lawfully and safely operate a motor vehicle?  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ADK Native said:

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2019/s1747/amendment/a

A person illegally here is already an alleged criminal by virtue of their breaking immigration laws of the United States of America.  So what prevents them from making a false application of their driving record that would question their ability to lawfully and safely operate a motor vehicle?  

They are already getting them  that way happens all the time . 

Just deport all of these people where ever, and when ever we find them.  The longer they are allowed to stay here, the harder it is to deport them.  Chances are they entered illegally because they would not have qualified to enter legally.  

Any nation that doesn't control it's borders, will ultimately lose it's sovereign nation status.  It becomes balkanized, segregated and no longer united.  That causes infighting and friction.  Eventually, the wars between the different cultures begin and you can never stop it.  That's what happened in the Soviet Union when it collapsed and that's what will happen in the US if it's allowed to continue.

Leftist Progressive Marxists support open borders, amnesty and drivers licenses for illegals because it benefits their cause, which is obtaining power.  That alone should be enough to stop it.

• Like 3

Are you all sure that this bill actually says what you think it says?  It looks to me like it just prohibits sharing the application information with anyone.  I don't see anything at all about allowing illegals to be given driver's licenses.  Unless I'm missing something.

43 minutes ago, virgil said:

Are you all sure that this bill actually says what you think it says?  It looks to me like it just prohibits sharing the application information with anyone.  I don't see anything at all about allowing illegals to be given driver's licenses.  Unless I'm missing something.

Press release on the green light bill....It absolutely allows illegals to be given drivers licenses....Its the whole purpose of the bill

https://www.nysenate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/john-j-flanagan/democrats-continue-yield-lawbreakers-senate-gop-says-we-must

17 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

Press release on the green light bill....It absolutely allows illegals to be given drivers licenses....Its the whole purpose of the bill

https://www.nysenate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/john-j-flanagan/democrats-continue-yield-lawbreakers-senate-gop-says-we-must

That press release is more political pissing match than anything.  But, I do see the part of the bill now that you're probably referring to- the part about accepting foreign documents in the application process.  I agree, doesn't seem right. 

Edited by virgil

3.  Subdivision 1 of section 502 of the vehicle and traffic law,  as
amended by chapter 465 of the laws of 2012, the third undesignated para-
graph  as amended by chapter 248 of the laws of 2016, is amended to read
as follows:
  1. Application for license. Application for a driver's  license  shall
be  made to the commissioner. The fee prescribed by law may be submitted
with such application. The applicant shall furnish such proof of identi-
ty, age, and fitness as may be  required  by  the  commissioner.    WITH
RESPECT  TO  A NON-COMMERCIAL DRIVER'S LICENSE OR LEARNER'S PERMIT WHICH
DOES NOT MEET FEDERAL STANDARDS FOR IDENTIFICATION, IN ADDITION  TO  THE
ACCEPTABLE PROOFS OF AGE AND IDENTITY APPROVED BY THE COMMISSIONER AS OF
JANUARY FIRST, TWO THOUSAND NINETEEN, ACCEPTABLE PROOF OF IDENTITY SHALL
ALSO INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO, A VALID, UNEXPIRED FOREIGN PASSPORT
ISSUED  BY  THE  APPLICANT'S COUNTRY OF CITIZENSHIP (WHICH SHALL ALSO BE
ELIGIBLE AS PROOF OF AGE), A VALID,  UNEXPIRED  CONSULAR  IDENTIFICATION
DOCUMENT  ISSUED BY A CONSULATE FROM THE APPLICANT'S COUNTRY OF CITIZEN-
SHIP, OR A VALID FOREIGN DRIVER'S LICENSE THAT INCLUDES A PHOTO IMAGE OF
THE APPLICANT AND WHICH IS UNEXPIRED OR EXPIRED FOR  LESS  THAN  TWENTY-
FOUR  MONTHS  OF ITS DATE OF EXPIRATION, AS PRIMARY FORMS OF SUCH PROOF.
NOTHING CONTAINED IN THIS SUBDIVISION SHALL BE DEEMED  TO  PRECLUDE  THE
COMMISSIONER  FROM  APPROVING ADDITIONAL PROOFS OF IDENTITY AND AGE. The
commissioner may also  provide  that  the  application  procedure  shall
include  the  taking  of  a  photo  image  or images of the applicant in
accordance with rules and regulations prescribed by the commissioner. In
addition, the commissioner also shall require that the applicant provide
his or her social security  number  [and]  OR,  IN  LIEU  THEREOF,  WITH
RESPECT  TO  AN  APPLICATION  FOR  A  NON-COMMERCIAL DRIVER'S LICENSE OR
LEARNER'S PERMIT WHICH DOES NOT MEET FEDERAL STANDARDS  FOR  IDENTIFICA-
TION,  AN  AFFIDAVIT  SIGNED  BY  SUCH APPLICANT THAT THEY HAVE NOT BEEN
ISSUED A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. THE  COMMISSIONER  ALSO  shall  provide
space  on  the application so that the applicant may register in the New
York state organ and tissue donor  registry  under  section  forty-three
hundred  ten  of  the public health law with the following stated on the
application in clear and conspicuous type:

Ponder this. Current NY law requires that the Commissioner includes a section on the drivers license application forms to allow for voter registration.  (Google "Motor Voter" law). These new bills forbid the Commissioner from asking questions about legal citizenship status.  I know it may sound like I have a tinfoil hat on but I can't believe this was an oversight. 

• Like 1

So Governor Cuomo has no problem issuing a drivers license to illegal alien  criminals so they can operate a motor vehicle, a man made object that can and does inflict numerous deaths and injuries, BUT Cuomo  denies me, a legal US citizen with no criminal record  the right to own a rifle that ONLY  LOOKS LIKE the M16A1 I carried in two foreign wars?

The useless and nonsense legislation coming out of Albany highlights the fact New York has two distinct cultures, Upstate and Downstate,  We really need a separation to allow the downstaters to embrace their culture completely.

It's not so much letting them drive Cuomo is concerned with.  It's getting them the ability to vote.  He wants to make sure Trump isn't re-elected and he wants their votes when he runs again.  He'll accept all of the crime and carnage to attain those two things.  All part of the leftist plan people, all part of the plan.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Rattler said:

It's not so much letting them drive Cuomo is concerned with.  It's getting them the ability to vote.  He wants to make sure Trump isn't re-elected and he wants their votes when he runs again.  He'll accept all of the crime and carnage to attain those two things.  All part of the leftist plan people, all part of the plan.

Good point  did not even think of that those licenses will look exactly like a real one so what's to stop these  illegals from voting here now ?  They should be sued for this . I hope someone is working on that as we speak . It's also a way to  make it easier for the illegals to infiltrate upstate NY  as up there you definitely need a car to get around . If they can get them to move upstate and voting up there they can corrupt  elections even worse then they already have .

Edited by Hawk914
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Hawk914 said:

Good point  did not even think of that those licenses will look exactly like a real one so what's to stop these  illegals from voting here now ?  They should be sued for this . I hope someone is working on that as we speak . It's also a way to  make it easier for the illegals to infiltrate upstate NY  as up there you definitely need a car to get around . If they can get them to move upstate and voting up there they can corrupt  elections even worse then they already have .

I just renewed my license at the end of May. Entire section that was check a box for the political party you want to be registered with. Don't let anyone tell you this isn't about votes. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I just renewed my license at the end of May. Entire section that was check a box for the political party you want to be registered with. Don't let anyone tell you this isn't about votes. 

Definitely to me it seems like a crime what they are doing if technically it is or not I have no idea but someone in the legal community should be looking into this  seriously and start changing laws if  needed or Inforcing  the laws that are already on the books   no other country on earth would let this happen . This country is going to become a dictatorship if this kind of stuff keeps happening  who is going to trust elections anymore?

Edited by Hawk914