Favorite jar sauce

rachunter

3 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

I always start with a jar of Ragu but then I add my own stuff to it like hamburger and sausage, sometimes some garlic peppers and onions. Makes for a quick meal that doesn't taste like I just dumped a jar of sauce on some pasta....

This is what I do if I'm making my goulash. Onions, peppers, garlic, about five different spices and seasonings. And ground venison!!  Have had so many people that 'don't eat venison', tell me 'man, this is awesome'!!!  Most times I don't spoil it for them, just smile and say thanks! Enjoy!

But of course my wife only makes "Her" sauce from scratch. 

• Like 1

Who has time to make sauce ? Doesn't it take all day?

Not at all some of the best sauces I make take 15 min....

Chop garlic. Anchovies, and parsley.

Sauté garlic till almost brown, add chopped anchovies, sauté till garlic is brown, add parsley sauté 1 min. Pour in 2 cups white wine. Reduce by half... add crushed tomatoes cook for 10 min and season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

Not at all some of the best sauces I make take 15 min....

Chop garlic. Anchovies, and parsley.

Sauté garlic till almost brown, add chopped anchovies, sauté till garlic is brown, add parsley sauté 1 min. Pour in 2 cups white wine. Reduce by half... add crushed tomatoes cook for 10 min and season

r u using crushed canned tomatoes?? Blasphemy! 

r u using crushed canned tomatoes?? Blasphemy! 

I usually crush canned tomatoes by hand but if you get a good quality pre crushed it’s fine. You can even get crushed San Marzano

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

I usually crush canned tomatoes by hand but if you get a good quality pre crushed it’s fine. You can even get crushed San Marzano

You are among the few still canning tomatoes in the US.  You and any 120 year old Italian women.  But I am jealous.

• Haha 1

Just now, ny hunter said:

Okay I am gonna start some sh. T now but it is called GRAVEY... And takes the wife a couple of hours to make... maybe close to 3 hours... Fron a jar never!!!!!

That's a regional thing.  Up this way, it has always been know as Sunday "sauce" - as far back as having relatives with broken accents.  Start cooking around 9 am and done when we would all sit as a family around 3pm and stuff our faces.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

That's a regional thing.  Up this way, it has always been know as Sunday "sauce" - as far back as having relatives with broken accents.  Start cooking around 9 am and done when we would all sit as a family around 3pm and stuff our faces.

My Uncle had a kitchen in his cellar that was called "the sauce kitchen". The pot of sauce would cook for a couple of hours every Sunday while he took the family to church. Then...lunch. Around Christmas time it was called the "Calamari kitchen". ;-)

• Like 2