Day Trip Ideas.....

ApexerER

Not sure if I'm repeating any but near you are the "Adirondack Museum" or now Adirondack Adventure I believe it's called in Blue Mountain Lake, Wild Life Sports Museum in Amsterdam, and a trip to the Saratoga Battlefield and surrounding Schuylerville area history...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

just a straight up museum or history i never cared for. some stuff is more interactive and American history based. revolution rail is fun i'm told but much better around fall when leaves change. there's always tubing the rivers. around here we have places to rent you tubes and pick you up.

Do you have a recommendation for Tubing? A friend of mine took her kids tubing last summer and regretted it. She said everyone was drinking and smoking weed. It wasn't really a kid friendly atmosphere according to her. I think that was up outside of Warrensburg. I would like to do that with her but it needs to be a family friendly environment if I am taking my daughter...

Just now, ApexerER said:

Do you have a recommendation for Tubing? A friend of mine took her kids tubing last summer and regretted it. She said everyone was drinking and smoking weed. It wasn't really a kid friendly atmosphere according to her. I think that was up outside of Warrensburg. I would like to do that with her but it needs to be a family friendly environment if I am taking my daughter...

that could be possible. place around here is on the battenkill river.

2 minutes ago, Salmon_Run said:

Not sure if I'm repeating any but near you are the "Adirondack Museum" or now Adirondack Adventure I believe it's called in Blue Mountain Lake, Wild Life Sports Museum in Amsterdam, and a trip to the Saratoga Battlefield and surrounding Schuylerville area history...

We ride bikes at the battle field once or twice a year. Its a really nice place. My mom and dad always take her and my nephew up to the Adirondack museum. I have never been.....

Have you been to that wild museum in Amsterdam? I have driven past it several times but have never been. It always looks run down to me. 

Just now, ApexerER said:

Have you been to that wild museum in Amsterdam? I have driven past it several times but have never been. It always looks run down to me. 

The family and I have been, it's nice inside and the guy running the place was fun to talk with, it's close and inexpensive. A nice tour of a couple of hours, and it has some history and really nice mounts. https://www.wildlifesportsmuseum.com/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Salmon_Run said:

How about a guided fly fishing trip to the Ausable and Lake Placid area, or Old Forge has lots of "tourist" activities and shopping the area stores...

Old forge is a great idea! We drove through there last year camping and she wanted to stop but people were waiting for us...I forgot about that...

Neither one of us have ever even held a fly rod......We would need a guide for sure...Hopefully the two of us will get out camping this summer. I'll have to google something like that...

Thanks for all the great idea's everyone....I am going to look into some of these for sure.....Funny all the stuff that was mentioned that Kayla and I have already done together. I hope she remembers all that when she is older....

• Like 1

Just now, ApexerER said:

Old forge is a great idea! We drove through there last year camping and she wanted to stop but people were waiting for us...I forgot about that...

Neither one of us have ever even held a fly rod......We would need a guide for sure...Hopefully the two of us will get out camping this summer. I'll have to google something like that...

The Old Forge general store has lots of stuff for the entire family and nice places to eat nearby.

Two Fly shop has great staff, never been on a guided trip from there but great people and I'm sure they'd be great.  https://www.ausablerivertwoflyshop.com/

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

just across the boarder in MA. jiminy peak has some summer activity stuff like a one person bobsled run and adventure park.

I forgotten about that place, and it's practically in my backyard. 

Did the Alpine slide when I was a teen.  Scared the hell out of me, lol.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

just across the boarder in MA. jiminy peak has some summer activity stuff like a one person bobsled run and adventure park.

That's a great idea too...I haven't been there since I was a kid.....That Alpine slide was pretty awesome from what I remember....