Kayak

Nytracker

Scool me on kayaks.  I'm not sure about them.  My buddy got a cheap one to use sit in . He says its comfortable.   He is 5 foot 8 and.goes 150 lbs soaking wet . He wants to float the local river  to fish and perhaps the Delaware also ponds . I'm 50 years old  6 foot 2, 270 lbs  with a bad back. Little sit  in probably  isn't going to cut it . I have been looking on line at a few. Just not sure which style will do what I need . I looked at an old town predator  yesterday 13 footer  has a nice seat that gets you up off the deck. $ 1300 I dont have $3000 bucks to spend  for the higher end ones .  Not sure of the different hull  desines.  What do you guys use and recommend .

If you haven't already ask your buddy to try his.I had both sit in and on.There a little cramped.I was looking at a few last year the new seats look great,but the prices where insane.The pelican "catch" was the one I kept looking at its a fishing yak..Went with a 10' jon boat instead.

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/pelican--the-catch-120-sit-on-top-angler-kayak--18745158?mrkgcl=481&mrkgadid=3150667403&cm_mmc=PS-_-MSN-_-BSC>NonB>Product%20Type-_-18745158&creative=73598574246830&device=c&matchtype=e&msclkid=a3c143bc914e137a26721ebe59c610c3

36 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

How doesnthenwave Walker handle river fishing ... skinny water?

not really sure have only had it in portions of the susquahana that were pretty slow moving. Have not been on any really fast moving rivers with it. doesn't need much water to float it - check out the videos on the link - guys use them for everything from ocean fishing to duck hunting. here is mine grassed out for duck hunting

http://wavewalk.com/blog/2011/10/24/kevin-coughlin-camouflaged-hunting-kayak-new-york/

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Engraver99 said:

not really sure have only had it in portions of the susquahana that were pretty slow moving. Have not been on any really fast moving rivers with it. doesn't need much water to float it - check out the videos on the link - guys use them for everything from ocean fishing to duck hunting. here is mine grassed out for duck hunting

http://wavewalk.com/blog/2011/10/24/kevin-coughlin-camouflaged-hunting-kayak-new-york/

Do you hunt ducks while sitting in the boat?  Or do you use it just to get to your spot?  Looks great. 

59 minutes ago, grampy said:

Have you given trying canoe a thought? More room, can still fish shallow water or streams. And I think for a larger size feller, it would be much more comfortable.

Have used a canoe... got rid of my old one back when my back was really bad . Big gruman aluminum  16 footer. Pain in the rear to travel  with .. terrible  on my back and impossible  to paddle by myself.

• Like 1