BethPage Black

Red

I only golf once or twice a year but really enjoy it. My father inlaw loves golf and today was his 60th Bday me and my brother in-law are surprising him with a round of golf at Bethpage Black he thinks we're just doing a weekend camping trip.  Tomorrow night we'll leave buffalo at 8pm drive a couple hrs toss the hammocks up some where around painted post.  Wake up early have steak and eggs on the grill then drive the last 5 hours to the course. It's going to be a great weekend.

• Like 14

That's awesome- have fun.  But, don't be surprised if you're miserable.  I play a few times a year also and am not a great golfer.  That course is for serious players- and the sign at the first tee tells you so.  I wanted to play the course once before the US Open was there years ago- just so I could be familiar with it while watching on TV.  I had no business being out on that course.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

nice thing about courses like that - when your in the woods looking for your ball you find all kinds of Pro V1s for free! 

Pro v1 / prov1x  are designed for a single digit handicap but yet less than a half % of world are single digit yet those 2 balls hold and enormous share of golf ball market. I see and hear it every day at work. Guy shoots 100 and opts to try and buy a game at $48 a dozen.  Hooks n slices magnified and he never hits a green in regulation. The spin working against him. They’d be be better off spending $20/dozen and play better  

Shawn , keep hydrated and expect a long walk out there.  And most definitely pick up a dozen bagels to bring home for the family as best bagels ever from out that way. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Pro v1 / prov1x  are designed for a single digit handicap but yet less than a half % of world are single digit yet those 2 balls hold and enormous share of golf ball market. I see and hear it every day at work. Guy shoots 100 and opts to try and buy a game at $48 a dozen.  Hooks n slices magnified and he never hits a green in regulation. The spin working against him. They’d be be better off spending $20/dozen and play better  

Shawn , keep hydrated and expect a long walk out there.  And most definitely pick up a dozen bagels to bring home for the family as best bagels ever from out that way. 

i can certainly believe that.  Also prob why there are so many in the woods.  lol.  Me and a buddy played the Kaluhyat course at the turning stone and he would come out of the woods every time with a shirt full.  He left with prob 25 Pro Vs .  He shouldve traded them for 50 wilsons cause i bet they all ended up back in the woods.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have the second to last tee time of the day. I bought a bunch of cheap balls yesterday figuring i would spend a good bit of time in the woods lol. I'm not prepared for all of that walking but I sure can use the exercise.  I'll be happy if I make a few good shots and just take in the scenery.

• Like 1

Last time I played Bethpage I foolishly made the mistake of wearing brand new pair of ashworth spikeless. The ones that look like sweet skateboard sneakers. Needless to say I had bloody blisters the size of silver Dollars on both ankles. My socks looked like Kurt Schilling's in the world series. Actually shot surprisingly well that day all things considered. You're gonna have a blast!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Many years ago (as a teenager) , I played Oak Hill in Rottenchester. It was very nice. They even had practice putting cups on the tee boxes for when you wait to tee off. The fairways were so nice I felt bad taking a divot. Nice courses can spoil a person!

Strict...betcha the fairways are real nice when carts are not allowed, and that's good.
Even in the shitty morning Misty rat day we had it was awesome! The course is immaculate and all uphill so enjoy the hike

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I can’t hit them anywhere. The Srixons you sold me the other day go considerably further

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Many years ago (as a teenager) , I played Oak Hill in Rottenchester. It was very nice. They even had practice putting cups on the tee boxes for when you wait to tee off. The fairways were so nice I felt bad taking a divot. Nice courses can spoil a person!

I played it today, shot my age...times two plus a little. I played poorly, made bad decisions, and the wind was brutal. Other than that I was great lol. I did par the 13th, that felt good. 570 into a 35mph wind. Birdied 10, had a few other pars but also a nine an eight and too many doubles

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I played it today, shot my age...times two plus a little. I played poorly, made bad decisions, and the wind was brutal. Other than that I was great lol. I did par the 13th, that felt good. 570 into a 35mph wind. Birdied 10, had a few other pars but also a nine an eight and too many doubles

Is that pretty good? (I'm no golfer)

• Like 1