Crashed Hummingbird

Steuben Jerry

Didn’t this happen to someone here recently? She crashed into the window and landed on the deck. I was sitting next to the window where she hit and she hit it hard. Keeping her out of the sun. I think she’s just stunned, she’s breathing fine and her eyes are open.

B7BBD3BD-6F73-431F-8140-6D04C1704290.jpeg

while at  a business meeting in Dallas years back our hotel completely made of glass for the most part was apparently on a hummingbird flyway. Every morning there would be 10-12 dead ones on glass roof of entrance way to hotel lobby. Maintenance would remove them and hours later more   Terrible planning there

16 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

while at  a business meeting in Dallas years back our hotel completely made of glass for the most part was apparently on a hummingbird flyway. Every morning there would be 10-12 dead ones on glass roof of entrance way to hotel lobby. Maintenance would remove them and hours later more   Terrible planning there

I’ve thought about putting decals or something on the windows as I keep a few feeders up on the deck. I want the windows for the view though and the decals look kind of crappy. I guess I’m hoping the few crashers will spread the word about the windows, lol.

I had one crash into my leg last weekend while at a family picnic. At first I figured it was one of the kids throwing a toy around until I looked down. I held it in my hand for a minute before it sorted itself out and flew off.

Perhaps they are just a bit dumb this time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I’ve thought about putting decals or something on the windows as I keep a few feeders up on the deck. I want the windows for the view though and the decals look kind of crappy. I guess I’m hoping the few crashers will spread the word about the windows, lol.

My aunt hangs small stained glass decorations on the inside of the windows instead of stickers.  Looks much nicer, and she says it cuts down on the birds flying into the glass.  

Edited by Otto
  • Like 1