Cellular cameras

virgil

I saw a Spypoint cell cam on sale today and was considering buying one. I have decent reception at my place. So, I thought it could be an option. But, I know nothing about cellular cams. Is there a fee involved?  Are they reliable?

• 1 month later...

I have 2 one is a Link W and the other Link Evo both worked great last year until November they are both about a year old

then they quit working wound not send pics Spypoint posted that these cameras needed software updating still not working.

customer service not the best there in Canada.My cams were also on the Verizon network and had a good signal

I would not buy again!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Spypoint, unless the buck was still or under 20 yards I could not count the points from my cell phone. When I pulled the SD card out of the camera at the end of the season, I couldn't believe the bucks I missed that I couldn't see on my cell phone due to poor quality.

I have a Spartan now, $10 a month for 1000 pictures. Quality is substantially better, I would highly recommend Spartan if you have a safe spot to put it and want quality pictures. 

These trail cameras have necessary updates and activating, if you have a tough time with basic trail cameras don't spend your money on one- these are much more difficult. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 607 HUNTER said:

I have a Spypoint, unless the buck was still or under 20 yards I could not count the points from my cell phone. When I pulled the SD card out of the camera at the end of the season, I couldn't believe the bucks I missed that I couldn't see on my cell phone due to poor quality.

I have a Spartan now, $10 a month for 1000 pictures. Quality is substantially better, I would highly recommend Spartan if you have a safe spot to put it and want quality pictures. 

These trail cameras have necessary updates and activating, if you have a tough time with basic trail cameras don't spend your money on one- these are much more difficult. 

I agree that they be a bit more complex than most cams, but their customer service has been excellent in my opinion. They have a 2 year warranty and will assist you in getting everything set up over the phone. Once it’s set up, there isn’t much to worry about other than watching the pics roll in. 

I have high praise for their customer service also, they allowed me to get an exchange on a 11D for half the price of a new one. The said camera was outside the 2 year warranty and was outside for over two years in the tug hill plateau. All my cams are left out until they work no more ..

Their new spy point link is down to 119 now, I hope to purchase in the next month or so.

8 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Cabelas is running spypoint cellular cams for $100 starting August 17-25

image.jpg

Note: It says save $50 after trade-in, trade-in price of $99.97. I wonder what the trade-in terms will be. Do they have to be working? I doubt they will take the time to verify. I guess one should always save their old trail cams, even if they don't work.

47 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Not sure I could handle sitting in a stand and then seeing a pic of a shooter buck walk through while I was somewhere else hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing is, with a cell cam you’ll know on a daily basis where the deer are moving and when. Unlike a conventional cam when you’re looking at pics that may be a week or 2 old. With a cell cam you’ll more likely be in the right spot when you get a pic of a shooter buck. And if you’re not, you can make a move for the next hunt to be in the right spot. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NonTypical said:

The thing is, with a cell cam you’ll know on a daily basis where the deer are moving and when. Unlike a conventional cam when you’re looking at pics that may be a week or 2 old. With a cell cam you’ll more likely be in the right spot when you get a pic of a shooter buck. And if you’re not, you can make a move for the next hunt to be in the right spot. 

Agree to disagree. Date , time stamp on regular cams. Easy to get same info as text pics to phone   Send info to biz , he’ll crunch the numbers and get you guys on track 

• Like 1

Agree to disagree. Date , time stamp on regular cams. Easy to get same info as text pics to phone   Send info to biz , he’ll crunch the numbers and get you guys on track 

Or you can use both!

10/27 regular cam

11/3 cell cam (broke tine somewhere in that week)

11/5 dead

3337aae02c6a79e45acd45e9b4995db8.jpg&key=2ede68615a32a2e0e6f02aa9f69d22580278e5d28547e8a3f79620ab6fd8a6c8

de88e91d1b874b66c80683d3bd1510f5.jpg&key=dbacf461506b57cb1e098d38508147b0b2f0900d56cc733b8029aebfc3dcd100

43be1283dbd4ab76d8cfde5b38a29f50.jpg&key=2b0a5c6d2ae26e9900cc3f58256efe8d42b559b0e8efbbc8eac732a7aca04e6b

f2dcf94ff366ec89c33b3dc9f27d43a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2