25 years ago...chasing a Bronco

turkeyfeathers

It was also a great sports playoff night(or maybe the week) if I remember - rangers/devils and bulls/knicks both playing either that night or the week. I think they had a split screen going with the game and the chase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, crappyice said:

It was also a great sports playoff night(or maybe the week) if I remember - rangers/devils and bulls/knicks both playing either that night or the week. I think they had a split screen going with the game and the chase

Exactly. I was doing the same thing at a sports bar that night.  They had TV's of the game and coverage. 

I skipped work to go to the Rangers parade and then went to The Piper's Kilt in eastchester to watch the game. Ended up watching the split screen with Tom Brokaw giving play by play on the chase while the Knicks won game 5. Quote of the night came from my buddy at the time, "I don't know who this AC Cowling is, but that's the best friend a man could ever have."

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Jimmy Js on Harlem road in Cheektowaga per chance ?

No. It was Jimmy's first place, on the corner of Dartmouth and Bailey in the Kensington area. I lived on the corner of Dartmouth and Suffolk, just down the block. It was a quick walk for lunch that I did quite often. Walk around that area now and you probably won't get home, but it wasn't horrible at the time. I remember someone starting a pool about OJ's guilt or innocence. I don't think the decision was ever made. I lost a buck.

• Like 2

Exactly. I was doing the same thing at a sports bar that night.  They had TV's of the game and coverage. 

Haha- pretty sure I was pounding some slightly underage beverages at Sportpage(I think that’s the name) in Mamaroneck

• Like 1

Most of the guys in this band rented the downstairs apartment of my house from me at about the time of the OJ thing. We went for lunch at the aforementioned Jimmy J's one afternoon and they offered me the job of drummer in their band. I was making furniture and enjoying my life, and I didn't much care for their music, so I turned them down. Now they play to huge crowds around the world and fly on their private jet to get to gigs. I sometimes wonder where my life would have gone if I had taken up the offer from 'the kids on the first floor'.

Edited by philoshop
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, grampy said:

I try not to remember anything about OJ. He got away with slaughtering two people. IMO. After a circus of a trial, a travesty of justice occurred.

Being a life long Bills fan, I’ve erased the OJ era from my memory banks. He should stay off social media and fade away.