Banned from local Facebook group

Chef

I figured you guys would find this funny. I got banned from my local community Facebook page today. Someone posted a article about giving free Narcan to Herion addicts. I commented and say that I think that’s insane. If you are dumb enough to do Heroin that you deserve your fate.

Apparently that is rude, insensitive and a offense to my local community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

I figured you guys would find this funny. I got banned from my local community Facebook page today. Someone posted a article about giving free Narcan to Herion addicts. I commented and say that I think that’s insane. If you are dumb enough to do Heroin that you deserve your fate.

You insensitive brute! Where's the block button on here?

Seriously though, what happened to freedom of speech?? What,... just because some snowflake disagrees with you on Facebook, you get banned? How is that right? Whole bunch of different opinions on any and every subject. So the powers that be, just ban whoever disagrees with them? That is pretty messed up.

I never have, or ever will have FB. I think it's a bunch of whooie, and this is just one of the reasons.

That's is a pretty tough comment to read. That being said five years ago I would have said the same thing. I never would have thought I would have lost somebody close to me because of my military upbringing as well as having numerous law enforcement surrounding myself and family my whole life. That being said I know a special unit dective, a fire fighter and numerous retired military personal that have lost son's or daughters to this addiction. 

My best friend with a PHD does research for the Rockefeller Institute and I myself see people addicted to this drug everyday because of my line of work. Your statement is ignorant but I completely understand why you would say what you have said. Saying only stupid people try herion shows you haven't got off the starting blocks to understand the chemical addiction that happens. I carry narcan everyday and hope I never have to use it, I also sincerely hope you never experience a loved one or family go through something like this.

• Like 5

I too have been touched by this epidemic while not directly in my family but I have buried numerous students and members from my summer camp. It sucks and it’s hard and it’s real but I still do not see how narcan would have saved any of the ones I have lost.
Not exactly sure what chef said that was overly insensitive (except that the west branch is better than the beaverkill)

• Like 2

I too have been touched by this epidemic while not directly in my family but I have buried numerous students and members from my summer camp. It sucks and it’s hard and it’s real but I still do not see how narcan would have saved any of the ones I have lost.
Not exactly sure what chef said that was overly insensitive (except that the west branch is better than the beaverkill)

The west branch is hands down better than the BK just Ask its newest fan! I think we need to get together and I’ll show you

9 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I love the BK, but I think chef might have won me over with the WB. That place was amazing

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

I love the BK, but I think chef might have won me over with the WB. That place was amazing

That place is good all summer, isn't it ?   I could be there in about two hours...You guys would have to promise not to laugh at my lack of skill with a fly rod, however...Hehehe...

• Like 1

That place is good all summer, isn't it ?   I could be there in about two hours...You guys would have to promise not to laugh at my lack of skill with a fly rod, however...Hehehe...

Hahah yea it’s decent all summer. We may have to fish closer to the dam but yes. Come down!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

Hahah yea it’s decent all summer. We may have to fish closer to the dam but yes. Come down!

3 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Loving the sound of this guys!

• Like 1

Loving the sound of this guys!

Allow me to gently toss out two dates for a potential party on the West Branch(or maybe the BK for those who really like tradition and fly fishing!!!)...Thursday June 27 or Saturday July 13......

10 hours ago, chefhunter86 said:

It is, if you live in a community that refuses to accept the reality of self imposed misery and poor choices.

Heron addiction doesn't start with the first dose.  That poor choice has to be a conscious choice made many times.  IMHO, providing NARCAN to addicts is like paying a player of Russian Roulette his winnings after he loses.

They are not being held accountable with an arrest and are not being forced to go the hospital either.  So we are just saving them and saying "Good Luck".  It's just enabling, nothing more.

For those who think I'm insensitive because I haven't lost anyone to heroin, my only reply is, there is a good reason for that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, corydd7 said:

Saying only stupid people try herion shows you haven't got off the starting blocks to understand the chemical addiction that happens. 

Trying heroin, and becoming addicted to heroin, are two vastly different subjects my friend.  Is there anyone out there today that does not know that heroin is addictive and can kill you?  If you know that, and you try it, how smart are you?  If you keep on doing it after you've tried it, you're not ignorant, because you know where it's taking you.

I just can't bring myself to have sympathy for anyone who's misery is self inflicted.  I'll console the survivors, but will not excuse the addict.

• Like 1

Allow me to gently toss out two dates for a potential party on the West Branch(or maybe the BK for those who really like tradition and fly fishing!!!)...Thursday June 27 or Saturday July 13......

Saturday the 13 would be better for me.

• Like 1

Its a tough subject no doubt. Im not a user or abuser, never been. But I believe there should be access to it the first time "narcan needers" and you name goes on a list of some sort. Your offered or given mandatory rehab or whatnot and your not allowed a 2nd time, or its 3 strike your out. Cant keep giving out handouts, we all know how handouts work. But I do know people who have abused it, beat it and come out clean, they just need support, and basically a babysitter the first few weeks/months.  But I also believe if they hand out narcan like candy, they need to offer other life saving medicines the same way. That is not far, some people dont get to choose the way they have to live. Where as the users do, and it takes over. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rattler said:

Trying heroin, and becoming addicted to heroin, are two vastly different subjects my friend.  Is there anyone out there today that does not know that heroin is addictive and can kill you?  If you know that, and you try it, how smart are you?  If you keep on doing it after you've tried it, you're not ignorant, because you know where it's taking you.

I just can't bring myself to have sympathy for anyone who's misery is self inflicted.  I'll console the survivors, but will not excuse the addict.

Do you feel the same about smokers?

• Like 1