Selling the fleet, Putnam and Westchester

This is the first I'm hearing of any sales being ended

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yup. Lots of new dec rules take effect soon. Everyone got an email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Yup. Lots of new dec rules take effect soon. Everyone got an email.

I only read emails about turkeys and how I can hunt more of them

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Interesting- whenever I drive past a reservoir it just looks like a random shit-show of boats stacked up on boats and chains running everywhere. So hard for me to tell which chain to clip when picking out a new boat for myslef

Interesting- whenever I drive past a reservoir it just looks like a random shit-show of boats stacked up on boats and chains running everywhere. So hard for me to tell which chain to clip when picking out a new boat for myslef

Maybe you aren’t buying the right bolt cutters?

• Like 1

Boats registered to a spot on a reservoir are renewed every 2 or 4 years for free. You used to be able to transfer boats to another person for a price. Some spots have 10,15,20 year waitlists so people pay $3-$5K for prime spots. After June 30th you can’t sell/transfer a boat spot. So you gotta wait on waitlist till your name is called. But again, it could be 20 years.

That would explain those prices. I was very confused.

15 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Boats registered to a spot on a reservoir are renewed every 2 or 4 years for free. You used to be able to transfer boats to another person for a price. Some spots have 10,15,20 year waitlists so people pay $3-$5K for prime spots. After June 30th you can’t sell/transfer a boat spot. So you gotta wait on waitlist till your name is called. But again, it could be 20 years.

So after June 30th why would a boat ever be given up? Death?

1 hour ago, Belo said:

No kidding, this thread was making my head hurt trying to figure out why someone would want to pay $3000 for a row boat?   Only in waters owned by the city of New York can there be such asinine regulations!!

Boats registered to a spot on a reservoir are renewed every 2 or 4 years for free. You used to be able to transfer boats to another person for a price. Some spots have 10,15,20 year waitlists so people pay $3-$5K for prime spots. After June 30th you can’t sell/transfer a boat spot. So you gotta wait on waitlist till your name is called. But again, it could be 20 years.

So anyone know what   the reason is for this type of regulation?

• Like 1

Just now, Hawk914 said:

Boats registered to a spot on a reservoir are renewed every 2 or 4 years for free. You used to be able to transfer boats to another person for a price. Some spots have 10,15,20 year waitlists so people pay $3-$5K for prime spots. After June 30th you can’t sell/transfer a boat spot. So you gotta wait on waitlist till your name is called. But again, it could be 20 years.

So anyone know what   the reason is for this type of regulation?

I'll give you 3 letters.  NYC.  Any law or regulation that they devise will surely make little to NO sense to the normal thinking human brain. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

So after June 30th why would a boat ever be given up? Death?

Yup:

Death OR Forget to renew so boat gets pulled OR someone is moving and decides to pull their boat off the Rez

30 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Good luck with the sales and glad to see you around Shawn.

BUT This is just one more reason to never go near the $hithole of NYC.

These reservoirs arent near NYC. some are in catskills 2 hours away. They are only called NYC reservoirs because it's their drinking water.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

1 hour ago, Belo said:

Yup. I had a few boats on Kensico that i paid $600 for the crappiest boat i could find. Sold them all for $2-$4K over the years. Simple buy low, sell high technique.

17 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Yup. And I'll be GODDAMNED if I'm going to let Bill Freaking DeBlasio tell me where when or how I can fish!!!

What really surprised me was when the they started allowing hunting on NYC DEP land a number of years back.  I would have never thought that the liberal cesspool of NYC would allow something like hunting on their land.  I think some of the newer city council people don't even realize hunting is being allowed.  Once they do, they will probably try to overturn the law and ban it.  Hell, when you have some idiots in the NYC council trying to ban the sale of fur coats in the city, what makes us think that hunting is OK with them?   My hunch is that it's just a matter of time before some clown council person proposes a ban and that will be the end of the hunting on DEP land.

I understand the concept, they need to control what is happening on those waters in terms of pollution, invasive species and what have you. Otherwise there'd be no fishing on them period. Im surprised they dont have an annual fee structure, as it is right now they make no money. Thats probably the next phase of this

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, steve863 said:

What really surprised me was when the they started allowing hunting on NYC DEP land a number of years back.  I would have never thought that the liberal cesspool of NYC would allow something like hunting on their land.  I think some of the newer city council people don't even realize hunting is being allowed.  Once they do, they will probably try to overturn the law and ban it.  Hell, when you have some idiots in the NYC council trying to ban the sale of fur coats in the city, what makes us think that hunting is OK with them?   My hunch is that it's just a matter of time before some clown council person proposes a ban and that will be the end of the hunting on DEP land.

Short answer water quality the deer eat up all the undergrowth and the run off goes into the water supply  . Only reason they allow it there  .  Keeping the  deer count down on those lands helps with water quality liberals like there health better then  the deer  .

Edited by Hawk914
  • Like 1

I understand the concept, they need to control what is happening on those waters in terms of pollution, invasive species and what have you. Otherwise there'd be no fishing on them period. Im surprised they dont have an annual fee structure, as it is right now they make no money. Thats probably the next phase of this

https://www.nytimes.com/1983/04/03/nyregion/outcry-on-closing-area-at-kensico.html

History repeating itself.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

1 hour ago, steve863 said:

hunting regs changed too. i havent reviewed all the regs, but i believe you can now run trail cams on DEP properties. Years ago, my Dad and I got some decent bucks off "Lockwood"

1 hour ago, johnplav said:

Was there an issue with the current model??  Sounds like a solution to a non-issue.  Way to go NYC.

I think they weren't happy about all the price gouging. prices kept going up and up and up. 

• Like 1