Some road maintenance and small pond construction

15 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

everything still looks really muddy.  Waiting for a nice dry spell before heading back into my place.  Will it ever come?  lol

Hope we get an extended drying period soon, we really need one here. As some spots we hunted from last year are completely under water at this time. Even some of the lower hay fields are inundated, and can't be cut. Looks more like ponds than fields.

We couldn't get in the summer plots. (weather wasn't entirely to blame) Hopefully by the 1st of September we can get in the WW and Oats for our late season plots.

"""Nice work G-Man!!!!"""    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, moog5050 said:

everything still looks really muddy.  Waiting for a nice dry spell before heading back into my place.  Will it ever come?  lol

I cant wait for better weather doing  what I can when I am off work, still have about 4 acres to get worked up for plots in next few weeks..

I can't wait to get out there next Sunday and get some stand hung shooting lanes cut and the bridge stretched.  It's gonna be a good time.

I also can't wait to see the windows That you picked up for the box blind I'm very pumped about that.

• Like 1

Really cool spot it seems for a pond. So not having any clue how this works is it really possible to just dig a hole and call it a pond? I assumed it had to be lined with something (natural material or other).
Is that hours/days/weeks of work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, crappyice said:

Really cool spot it seems for a pond. So not having any clue how this works is it really possible to just dig a hole and call it a pond? I assumed it had to be lined with something (natural material or other).
Is that hours/days/weeks of work?

This spot was a old log landing that was tree free That is 5 hours on a dozer, its natural.clay lined on a slope maybe 20 degrees or so.. I have lot of clay but a test trench should be dug . To.verify level of bedrock and amount of clay

This was scrape off top soil then dig.,pile compact(drive over it) dig pile and compact..can get dozer for about $400 a day. Plus fuel..  I had dozer to redo logging roads and had time left in day so I made pond.. 

Edited by G-Man

This spot was a old log landing that was tree free That is 5 hours on a dozer, its natural.clay lined on a slope maybe 20 degrees or so.. I have lot of clay but a test trench should be dug . To.verify level of bedrock and amount of clay
This was scrape off top soil then dig.,pile compact(drive over it) dig pile and compact..can get dozer for about $400 a day. Plus fuel..  I had dozer to redo logging roads and had time left in day so I made pond.. 

You sir are a Picasso of Land Management

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

You sir are a Picasso of Land Management

I try made lot of mistakes to get where I am today.. just need it to stop raining want to get my brassica  and winter pea plots in....

Well game is not the only thing that can benefit from your plots. Decided to put an acre of buckwheat in, also have friends who are beekeepers, so I mentioned the buckwheat to them ,they brought up 2 of their best hives, set an electric fence to keep bears at bay and expect to get a few hundred lbs of honey off field ,which will help their bottom dollar as it's a sought after honey. Bonus is though I dont eat a lot of honey they do grow asparagus which I love and several lbs made it into my freezer. :)20190612_210156.thumb.jpg.85dc63c1f4567e6ce5eab0cae90babc9.jpg20190618_171931.thumb.jpg.5633a396985114e163bcc89460a5e6df.jpg20190612_210238.thumb.jpg.448b48aa05c577513c320ad8e84e28b6.jpg

20190606_153706.jpg

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Think I mentioned it before. You could have your own business Gman in land development for hunting. Impressive.

I barely have time to do my.own.. though i try to give advice or help other when I can