Bullzeye Archery

Five Seasons

39 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Then they gave everyone the nocam speech to take the focus off the solocam they were craming down everyones throat. 

their marketing machine is what it is. But for many years, the solocam was the shit for a very legit reason. Just not anymore. Like Kodak, it's hard to back away and switch gears from the thing that made you famous. 

• Like 2

String material now is nothing short of amazing. Theres barely even a "shoot in" period for peep alignment. They just stay where you put them once you have it right. Ive bought strings from at least four builders in the past couple years and they are all the same, excellent. IMO if youre spending more than $80 on a set of strings and cables youre wasting money

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

I think the biggest leap in the archery tech world has already taken place with the cam system the Prime bows are using . Now they just need to work on making the draw cycle more consumer friendly.

they were onto something but since other bow mfg and the industry have made different innovations to reduce that. while not the parallel split string cam system Prime as, other cam systems have gotten better.  you also have the flexible, adjustable cable guards, better matched split limbs, etc.  draw cycle and shot have left them behind so their cam system still needs work.  honestly i think their bigger leap several years ago was making stronger and stronger risers when every one else was trying to whittle them down into a wet noodle, causing bow torque and all kinds of quirks.  I mean they picked a damn Jeep off the ground with their riser!  rest of the industry is now realizing the screw up and now you see them all with split or caged risers and trying to make them stiffer.  Prime bows had a little felt hand shock that people trashed them  for.  Fast forward to now with everybody making stiffer and stronger bows that just include complete dampening systems as a standard feature, something Prime didn't really do. 

4 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

I think the biggest leap in the archery tech world has already taken place with the cam system the Prime bows are using . Now they just need to work on making the draw cycle more consumer friendly.

Prime had it perfect on the Rival, I have that bow. But I’ve shot or owned all the others after that and hate the draw cycle . But this new Elite I have is just as smooth . 

Edited by sodfather

54 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

they were onto something but since other bow mfg and the industry have made different innovations to reduce that. while not the parallel split string cam system Prime as, other cam systems have gotten better.  you also have the flexible, adjustable cable guards, better matched split limbs, etc.  draw cycle and shot have left them behind so their cam system still needs work.  honestly i think their bigger leap several years ago was making stronger and stronger risers when every one else was trying to whittle them down into a wet noodle, causing bow torque and all kinds of quirks.  I mean they picked a damn Jeep off the ground with their riser!  rest of the industry is now realizing the screw up and now you see them all with split or caged risers and trying to make them stiffer.  Prime bows had a little felt hand shock that people trashed them  for.  Fast forward to now with everybody making stiffer and stronger bows that just include complete dampening systems as a standard feature, something Prime didn't really do. 

I haven't heard anything negative about a prime riser , they use the best quality aluminum alloy out of any of the current bow mfg. The 82x is supposed the best thing going as far as combination of strength and light weight.

20 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

00small65409145.jpg

if anyone of you guys finds yourself at an archery shop anytime soon you need to hold one of these things. Not as dead in hand as the mathews and not the cool breakwall of the pse... but man what a light smooth draw. If I hunted out west, this would be my bow.

https://hoyt.com/compound-bows/carbon-rx-3