Dumb Things You've Seen At A Boat Launch

grampy

I have a good one I saw. It was a public launch with some docks used for the day only. 2 guys launched a 14' aluminum boat with about a 15 or 25 horse on it. They backed in and got it off without a hitch.  They began to pull and pull and pull some more to start it. Wouldn't start. They kind of walked it out of the way from the ramp into one of the dock areas. Very polite thing to do. The docks intersected right where they tied the bow up to a cleat on the dock. nice right angle corner and the bow tied in all nice and tight while they fiddled with the motor. They were pulling and spraying started fluid and this went on for about 1/2 an hour. I was on the dock next one over holding the line while my buddy parked his boat and trailer. Well the darn motor finally started and it was whining at high rpm and I have no idea on how they did it but they popped into gear. the bow ran up into the "V" in the dock until the bow line ran out of slack and then the transom started to head down. AND it didn't stop until the motor was under water, the boat was swamped and all their tackle boxes and coolers were floating away. 

• Like 4

When I was 17 I told
My dad that me and my buddy Matt were
Going fishing, he says “Take the bass boat.” I said are you serious?? He says yeah, we’ve launched it dozens of times you know what to do, take it. Omg! Here goes Matt and to the ramp, I remember to raise the outboard, put the plug in etc. back her in and down she goes, I didn’t take the transom tie downs off lol. Pulled her back out, pulled the plug and let it drain and relaunched. Did not tell dad lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 9

there's a trick on the silverado too. Use the safety strap or whatever they're called and instead of lowering your tailgate the full way, hang the strap tie on the beds tailgate latch. It provides a perfect view of the hitch and was supposedly designed for this (says the salesman at bob johnson anyhow)

I’m not following, but I have this truck and you have my attention!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro