A new PU for you boyz!

bugsNbows

Had to take the wife's car to the local Ford dealership. While there, I was checking out some trucks. Here you go (for those with DEEP pockets)...

2019 F-150 Raptor  $84K...  off-road beast

2019 H-D Edition  (Tuscany Motor Co.) $89K... more civilized. 

2019 F-150 Shelby Edition  $118K... for those with more dollars than sense.

So, which one would YOU choose?

19 minutes ago, bugsNbows said:

Had to take the wife's car to the local Ford dealership. While there, I was checking out some trucks. Here you go (for those with DEEP pockets)...

2019 F-150 Raptor  $84K...  off-road beast

2019 H-D Edition  (Tuscany Motor Co.) $89K... more civilized. 

2019 F-150 Shelby Edition  $118K... for those with more dollars than sense.

So, which one would YOU choose?

Ranger Lariat for $45K to carry my golf clubs and fishing rods

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

My experience at a FORD Dealership 

I stopped by the Ford Dealership the other day to look
at the new 2019 F-150..

Just for fun, I took it out for a test drive. I wanted to sense that new truck "feel" before I get too old.

The salesperson (a nice looking lady wearing a 'RESIST' lapel pin) sat in the passenger seat next to me, describing the truck and all its "wonderful" options.

The seats were of particular interest. She explained that the seats directed warm air to your butt in the winter and directed cool air to your butt in the summer heat.

Feeling like messing with her, I mentioned that this must be a Republican truck.

Looking a bit angry, she asked why I thought it was a Republican truck. "I explained that if it were a Democrat truck, the seats would just blow smoke up your ass year-round!"

I had to walk back to the dealership but it was worth it.

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

Actually my pockets are fairly deep , due to 35 years of aggressive and disciplined investing ,which is why I’d never spend that amount of coin on a vehicle .

Id need 5-6 million before I’d feel ,comfortable buying any of those , ymmv .

• Like 1

I drive a 2000 Ford Ranger. I don't need anything more because it reliably goes from point A (my house) to point B (usually the beer store or library), and gets me back every time I use it. I did have a malfunction this past weekend that lit up the entire dash panel of warning lights. Turned out to be the "rear wheel speed sensor". It's amazing how much that little electronic bugger controlled or affected.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philoshop said:

I drive a 2000 Ford Ranger. I don't need anything more because it reliably goes from point A (my house) to point B (usually the beer store or library), and gets me back every time I use it. I did have a malfunction this past weekend that lit up the entire dash panel of warning lights. Turned out to be the "rear wheel speed sensor". It's amazing how much that little electronic bugger controlled or affected.

No kidding.my girlfriend 2004 honda accord had a bad coil on 1 cylinder and threw 8 codes for all cylinders misfiring and random misfires.ridiculous!!!!

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

No kidding.my girlfriend 2004 honda accord had a bad coil on 1 cylinder and threw 8 codes for all cylinders misfiring and random misfires.ridiculous!!!!

The ABS light came on because the front wheel bearings needed to be repacked with grease. Then the OVERDRIVE/OFF light started flashing and it wouldn't shift from 1st to 2nd gear. Then the "check engine" light came on, and the speedometer stopped working. This all happened in about 5 minutes on Saturday morning. All is well now, though. Newly repacked wheel bearings and a new speed sensor. Oh, and new front brake pads that were worn down to the core. The truck will be twenty years old in a couple of months, and it hauled ten full loads of black locust firewood last week. I won't freeze to death this winter. It's a tool. Not a luxury.

• Like 2