PA Elk Lottery

BizCT

have a link?
Are these wild elk or high fence ? Cost of tag if one scores one?

PA website. Free range. 99% success rates. Tag and outfitter maybe a few grand all-In but a fraction of the price of out west and you’ll
Shoot an absolute giant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

have a link?

Are these wild elk or high fence ? Cost of tag if one scores one?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.pgc.pa.gov/Wildlife/WildlifeSpecies/Elk/Pages/default.aspx&ved=2ahUKEwjJ44O07friAhWuiOAKHY7NBYoQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw1KesVS523Yr7kSJZ1J-vQs 

Go onto the PA fish and game. To apply enter the PALS system like ypur purchasing a license. 

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

PA website. Free range. 99% success rates. Tag and outfitter maybe a few grand all-In but a fraction of the price of out west and you’ll
Shoot an absolute giant!

Don't have to get an outfitter.  If I ever got one would do some serious scouting and go on my own. 

• Like 1

Don't have to get an outfitter.  If I ever got one would do some serious scouting and go on my own. 

Season is like 4 days long. Worth the nominal $ to pay someone with knowledge to get you on them ASAP. Wouldn’t want to be the guy who draws a bull tag and shoot a rag horn or skunked lol

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Season is like 4 days long. Worth the nominal $ to pay someone with knowledge to get you on them ASAP. Wouldn’t want to be the guy who draws a bull tag and shoot a rag horn or skunked lol

I would do so much scouting the bull I want would have a red X on it by season opener. Lol. Have a buddy on the PA border with a guest room. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I would do so much scouting the bull I want would have a red X on it by season opener. Lol. Have a buddy on the PA border with a guest room. 

Me too, my bull would be so used to seeing me he'll walk up to me opening day. And the look of betrayal in his eyes when that arrow hits him just behind the front shoulder will haunt me to the point that I will hesitate for just a millisecond each time I bite into his perfectly grilled and seasoned backstraps accompanied by a bluegill cheek chowder

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Unless i'm miss reading the information by year 10 of applying you actually have a good chance at getting a cow or either sex tag. 

with point creep, maybe 20 years? lol, but it's fun to try for so cheap.

And what are you worried about? You'd probably park your car, and not even have your jacket on and the new world record B&C Rocky Mtn. Elk would stand in front of you. 1 tine alone would be 130 inches!!!

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
TO BOLD "130"
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I hunted with an old man (Little General Outfitters) in PA in 2011 and 2013 on state land. He knows that area of woods in elk very very well. If i ever draw a tag, i'd go stay with him and i'm sure he'd put me in the right spot.

• Like 1

My buddy drew a Maine bull moose tag, first season, best area, very first try. Absolute miracle and I wasnt surprised one single bit. Youve never seen a guy win so many guns and other raflles. I told him "Boy you really Moho'd out this time!"

Edited by The_Real_TCIII
  • Like 3

My buddy drew a Maine bull moose tag, first season, best area, very first try. Absolute miracle and I wasnt surprised one single bit. Youve never seen a guy win so many guns and other raflles. I told him "Boy you really Moho'd out this time!"
So it was Moho!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Reminder to apply! There is now an archery season too. I apply every year for bull only. This year i applied bull archery and bull regular seasons.

I was born and raised in Elk County PA. Both sides of my family (20+ people) have tried to draw a tag every year since they started it, and we have yet to get drawn.... :( 

1 minute ago, DanD said:

I was born and raised in Elk County PA. Both sides of my family (20+ people) have tried to draw a tag every year since they started it, and we have yet to get drawn.... :( 

Non-residents license give more $ to PA? just a thought.

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Guy i hunted mt. lion with, his friend's daughter applied the first year (I think 12 years old) for a once in lifetime arizona sheep hunt and won the first year. She shot a booner. 

• Like 2