Scouting over google earth

andr3wxmma

I plan on hunting the big woods and trying my hand at tracking this season. Due to being deployed last fall and this spring I missed my prime scouting time to locate pockets that hold bucks. What do you guys look for when researching potential areas on Google maps? Does anyone know of a site that let's me change the time of the satellite images to fall / winter for a better ideal of the types of trees in the area?

I recommend the OnX app for your phone . It  switches between satelite,topo or both. It's a really slick set up that is geared for exactly hunting . Save and share waypoints, check wind direction, property lines are posted along with the owner name,state lands are marked.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, crappyice said:

What’s the OnX rates of use? Monthly? One time fee? Can’t seem to get that info without starting the 7 day trial and would rather hold off until closer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yearly , last I knew ,the code THP was good for 20 percent off.

50 minutes ago, crappyice said:

What’s the OnX rates of use? Monthly? One time fee? Can’t seem to get that info without starting the 7 day trial and would rather hold off until closer

$30 for NYS.  $100 for all 50.  Agreed it’s a great app.  We share waypoints periodically. Pretty cool as it’s like you’re there. Boundary lines etc are nice.  Gives you owners name so if you need to ask right to retrieve you know who you’re asking      

On Hunt Stand you get 10 free landowner requests per month. After the free 10 requests in a single month you have to pay a fee. But your first 10 requests will be free the following month.                   valoroutdoors.com 

On Hunt Stand you get 10 free landowner requests per month. After the free 10 requests in a single month you have to pay a fee. But your first 10 requests will be free the following month.                   valoroutdoors.com 

That’s not bad. When I first got OnX I immediately found 30 acres I was allowed to hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 6/25/2019 at 4:07 PM, crappyice said:

My 7 day trial lasted well over a year.  Just saying.........

(but I did buy in this past May for $29)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CharlieNY said:

Does the previous 10 lookups info stay on the app?  if so, then by the end of the year you would have accumulated 120 land owners.