Train help from the downstaters!!

Fletch

Couple of the kids are headed down to the city to catch a game and sight see. They are driving down from central then want to park and transit in. 

Looking for a station with non resident overnight parking Port Jarvis line or Hackettstown line that you would recommend.

Appreciate any help as most seem to not allow non res.

Couple of the kids are headed down to the city to catch a game and sight see. They are driving down from central then want to park and transit in. 

Looking for a station with non resident overnight parking Port Jarvis line or Hackettstown line that you would recommend.

I can't help west of the Hudson, but Spuyten Duyvil train station in the Bronx has free parking and is a 25 minute train ride from Manhattan and 2 stops away from Yankee stadium. That's where I park when I am going to the stadium.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Fletch said:

If you take the Port Jervis, or Otisville train let me know, I commute near these stations. 

Park at uncle Bizs house and take an uber?

Train is faster cheaper. I’m 40 miles north of nyc!

All the Hudson Line trains go right to Yankee Stadium. I park at Croton Harmon everyday. I think it’s like $10 for parking if you just using it for 1 day. Very convenient

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just realized you going to Citi Field. Elmo is right. Grand central to subway-7 train (EXPRESS). 7 train is $3 and faster/cheaper than sitting in traffic in Uber or Cab.

Thanks for all the input!
Yes City Field
Still looking for a stop to park overnight outside city to train in from. Problem seems to be is a lot don’t let non residents park overnight.

I don't take a train into the city, but I do know Port Jervis well.  You can park a car over night on just about any side street near the train station any night of the week.  It's a residential neighborhood.  Very small train station with a small parking lot, but lots of parking around it on the side streets.

Edited by Rattler

5 hours ago, Fletch said:

Port Jervis

If you are considering Port Jervis, check Middletown station which is 15 mins from the Otisville station....Port Jervis train goes through Middletown anyways.  Also, these 2 stations end up in Beacon station I believe which is another 40-50 mins by car from Port...avoid Port in my opinion, its nicknamed “Dirt Jervis” out in the area.  I wouldn’t want to leave a vehicle there.  Middletown station has a park and ride a few miles away if worse came to worse, or theres Lowes and big box stores across the street with giant parking lots.

• Like 1

Possibility of parking in NJ and taking NJ transit in.  Specifically, there is a large commuter lot that should work.  Lyndhurst, NJ station stop.  Main Line Local takes you to Secaucus Junction. Go up the stairs, Transfer to any train to NYC often on track A and B, though weekends or other times might use different tracks.  This takes you to NY Penn and NYC subway system. Cost is about 5 to get you all the way to NYC.   Either jump on ACE and transfer to 7 at times square (42 ave.) or walk a bunch of blocks to 7 train entrance from Penn.  Below is cut and paste from https://www.njtransit.com/rg/rg_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=TrainStationLookupFrom&selStation=75

Lot Location: New York Ave & Delafield Ave
Owner: NJ TRANSIT
Phone: 973-275-5555
Standard Spaces: 470
Accessible Spaces: 10
Evenings: FREE
Nights: PARKING ALLOWED
Weekends: FREE
On-Street: SHORT TERM LIMITS
Type of Parking: No Fee
Resident: NO FEE
Non-Resident: NO FEE