He is not having a good day!

First-light

South shore this morning
fd576686ed16596b4057c4497a75cff0.jpg&key=60ae9fe6482be6d568031186b61897482f42ec76488c5c19e97d1023c3f5caab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is he alive or dead? Looks like he's dying? But his eyes are still open so just wondering if still alive why nobody has put him out of his misery

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Is he alive or dead? Looks like he's dying? But his eyes are still open so just wondering if still alive why nobody has put him out of his misery

If that thing would’ve twitched a little it would’ve been heading for the meat hook. It was stiff. I missed out on a doe a few nights ago the lady hit it in the head so I want to see if she was ok and tell her there was nothing she could’ve done. When I turned around a pick truck ran the deer over twisting it up. There’s no shame in my game when it comes to that.

• Like 1

If that thing would’ve twitched a little it would’ve been heading for the meat hook. It was stiff. I missed out on a doe a few nights ago the lady hit it in the head so I want to see if she was ok and tell her there was nothing she could’ve done. When I turned around a pick truck ran the deer over twisting it up. There’s no shame in my game when it comes to that.

It was alive a second before. Better off eating it than letting it go to waste

It was alive a second before. Better off eating it than letting it go to waste

What do you see that makes you think it’s still alive or just died??? It was pretty stiff and with the heat I didn’t want to chance it. But would’ve taken it if I seen it get hit.

What do you see that makes you think it’s still alive or just died??? It was pretty stiff and with the heat I didn’t want to chance it. But would’ve taken it if I seen it get hit.

Oh not that particular deer just meant the one you were gonna take that got whacked in the head. No shame in taking a deer you see getting slammed. I wouldn't trust a stiffy or one that's been cooking a while. But if you saw it then no sense in wasting good meat

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bill Schmidt said:

my hunters ed instructor told a story about a hunter shooting a deer like 10 times because its eyes were still open. Deer dont close their eyes when they die guys! haha

• Like 1

my hunters ed instructor told a story about a hunter shooting a deer like 10 times because its eyes were still open. Deer dont close their eyes when they die guys! haha
I am well aware they don't always close their eyes, but it was the open eyes and what looked to be respiratory foam.