Farmer harassment

Swamp_bucks

Wish this wasnt true.  Talking to my sons baby sitter who also runs a small 60 head dairy farm told me that one of their neighbors has been threating to call the cops on them. For what?  Cows making noise,tractors going past there house,cow shit smell and a jake brake on their field truck.  I guess he screamed at 2 of the farm hands(highscool boys)for a small spec of cow crap falling off the spreader in front of his house.   And told them it was illegal to run tractors on roads where people dont want them.  

This guy is apparently is from NYC area and is the reason down staters get a bad rap around my area.  I know more good ones then the ones that think they own everything but 1 can ruin it for all.   I just dont get how you can throw a shit fit about farm work in your area when you bought a property with 4 active farms within 3 miles 1 on each side of you.   I shouldnt be suprised because hes the same idiot who put up 30mph signs on plywood and screwed them into other peoples trees and then yelled at the cops for not enforicng his speed limit.  

Just doesnt make sense to me.Sorry just had to vent.  

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Sad 1

The problem down here is no one minds there own f@#%'n business.Driving around here on long island is out of control. If people paid more attention to what's going on in front of them instead trying to control what's behind them it would move a lot smoother around here.My neighbor has been a scrap metal guy for the 18 years I lived here.The other day he came over and said someone call the town on him for having a messy yard??? he has a stockade fence around it there's no way to see in there.This guy would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. I can't wait to get the hell out of here!!!!

• Like 2

Best to just ignore a guy like the one in the farms.  Let him rant and rave all he wants.  He has no power to do anything.  Laugh in his face and really piss him off.  Maybe he'll have a stroke and wind up in a nursing home.  That would solve the problem.

• Like 3

Yeah it gives us downstaters a bad name. Some just want to live in the country and have it their way. Watch out for the ones that just don't complain but start getting involved in the local government. This has been going on for a real long time. I can remember I was very close to moving up to my Brother in laws area in Burdett. I was  young around 25, didn't happen but he told me this, "you come up here and you keep your mouth shut and just listen for a while" I thought this was good advice. Too bad many others don't do this when relocating. 

Edited by First-light
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, rachunter said:

The problem down here is no one minds there own f@#%'n business.Driving around here on long island is out of control. If people paid more attention to what's going on in front of them instead trying to control what's behind them it would move a lot smoother around here.My neighbor has been a scrap metal guy for the 18 years I lived here.The other day he came over and said someone call the town on him for having a messy yard??? he has a stockade fence around it there's no way to see in there.This guy would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. I can't wait to get the hell out of here!!!!

OMG when I lived in EastNorthport there was this scrap guy. Same deal messy yard but had a fence around the junk. He would come and take anything you had but best of all was such a great guy! lol maybe same guy.

Same kinda guy that moves to the country and then complains about the bugs and wildlife in the yard. 

I have a neighbor that was complaining about the fuzzies from the dogwood trees...." We pay taxes....this is ridiculous...someone can't do something about this!".... Yeah the govt ain't fixing the real prob there...lol.  

• Like 1

People like that want what they want and will go to any means possible to get it.. Logical or not.. spoiled or privileged or just plain stupid and ignorant. this world doesn't need people like that wasting good air.. 

Hope the community stands behind that farm if the fit hits the shan!  

• Like 1

It just amazed me someone would go to that level.  It wouldnt end up well for him to try and take it anywhere legal. Local judge is a farmer also.  The farmer  will go and help anyone that needed it.  To me theres more to life to worry about then a scent of cow crap in the air.   

• Like 1

That’s crazy especially since the farms were clearly there before that Kat rolled into town.
We used to hunt a pumpkin patch in Rhinebeck - after a successful hunt with a deer on the back rack (classily stored, nothing graphic hanging out!)we went through town to grab a bite to eat before heading home. The looks of disgust and offense of those we passed was shocking. Weren’t we “in the country” where hunting is ok? Just kept moving north as the surrounding area we hunted became less and less hunter friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deal with this in Lancaster by about 25 years ago, development goes in next to family.farm. 

While plowing ground after work cops show up as we are making to much noise. Father decided to plow down 25 acres instead of five he was doing . Got back 4 am. 

Shooting clay birds to the south out of barn cops show up , gonna arrest us, dec officer hears call and shows up. Tells cops we are legal and if they harass us he will be talking to their chief

New person in development write into local paper asking what town is going to do about the frogs making to much noise( they built next to creek)

Get a call at 8 am Sunday am , telling us we own new owner a garden hose as our fox and pups chewed up his in his back yard..smh..( built next to our woods)

Cops arrive while we are baling hay have complaint about us being dangerous to their kids if they ran out in front of the machinery , and hay chaff blowing in thier pool, ( mind you their entire back yard is 30ft. AND hay field is line. Pool is 2 ft from line.

Getting tanker of gas delivered to fill up.tanks and cops show up as commit we are running a gas station without permit.

Spreading manure, cops show up complaint of us spreading poison without posting signs were were going to, another time spraying corn same complaint..

Got to know local cops very well and dec officers as I would.catch their dogs in traps as they were running loose on the property and they didnt know how to get them out and own dog would bite them..and then the threats of lawsuits .. dec usually calmed that down when they would.ask us if we wanted to charge trespassing and tampering with traps..

Fun time.. main reason I move out and bought as much land as u can to keep idiots away...

Family.farm is now 254 homes.. full of idiots I'm sure

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

he can call the cops all he wants. Apparently his realtor didn't explain to him what "zoned for agriculture" meant. Heck that farmer could run tractors, dirt bikes and chainsaws 24/7 legally. With the country you get peace and quiet, and you also don't. 

apparently he also doesn't understand where his food comes from. Sounds like a super lib who wants to save the whole world as long as it doesn't affect their little bubble.

1 hour ago, G-Man said:

Deal with this in Lancaster by about 25 years ago, development goes in next to family.farm. 

While plowing ground after work cops show up as we are making to much noise. Father decided to plow down 25 acres instead of five he was doing . Got back 4 am. 

Shooting clay birds to the south out of barn cops show up , gonna arrest us, dec officer hears call and shows up. Tells cops we are legal and if they harass us he will be talking to their chief

New person in development write into local paper asking what town is going to do about the frogs making to much noise( they built next to creek)

Get a call at 8 am Sunday am , telling us we own new owner a garden hose as our fox and pups chewed up his in his back yard..smh..( built next to our woods)

Cops arrive while we are baling hay have complaint about us being dangerous to their kids if they ran out in front of the machinery , and hay chaff blowing in thier pool, ( mind you their entire back yard is 30ft. AND hay field is line. Pool is 2 ft from line.

Getting tanker of gas delivered to fill up.tanks and cops show up as commit we are running a gas station without permit.

Spreading manure, cops show up complaint of us spreading poison without posting signs were were going to, another time spraying corn same complaint..

Got to know local cops very well and dec officers as I would.catch their dogs in traps as they were running loose on the property and they didnt know how to get them out and own dog would bite them..and then the threats of lawsuits .. dec usually calmed that down when they would.ask us if we wanted to charge trespassing and tampering with traps..

Fun time.. main reason I move out and bought as much land as u can to keep idiots away...

Family.farm is now 254 homes.. full of idiots I'm sure

this has me rolling. what if my kid, who i'm not watching runs onto your land and gets hit by a big tractor?

and who the flock doesn't love the sound of peepers at night?

OMG when I lived in EastNorthport there was this scrap guy. Same deal messy yard but had a fence around the junk. He would come and take anything you had but best of all was such a great guy! lol maybe same guy.

This is how we know it’s one of the new people that moved in from up Island. Everyone else knows John is the metal guy you leave it by his fence and he takes care of it when he gets home.

• Like 1

Got permission to hunt a farm back in the 80's. It's where we live now, but back then I lived in Rochester (born and raised there). Bought the first parcel of land from the farmer in '91 after knowing them and becoming friends for about 7-8 years. Even though they knew what we were like, they wanted my promise that I wouldn't bring "any of that liberal Rochester BS with us".

They certainly didn't have any worries with us! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Same kinda guy that moves to the country and then complains about the bugs and wildlife in the yard. 
I have a neighbor that was complaining about the fuzzies from the dogwood trees...." We pay taxes....this is ridiculous...someone can't do something about this!".... Yeah the govt ain't fixing the real prob there...lol.  

If my tax dollars went towards eliminating cottonwoods I wouldn’t even look for deductions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I live in Ontario , NY . Close by is Spencer SpeedWay in Williamson . People built houses and Housing Tracts near the SpeedWay . Several complained about the noise on the weekend . Stupid is as Stupid does ! 

Sadly this has happened all over the US and the tracks eventually get shut down.

Even with " Right To Farm" laws here in Niagara, we have those ( that vote, by the way) move into the country and try to stir the bees nest every so often. So many of these people with their college degrees  and high paying jobs can't  even apply basic common sense. You live down wind from a 1000 cow dairy farm, it's gonna stink folks.

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

If my tax dollars went towards eliminating cottonwoods I wouldn’t even look for deductions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would donate more tax money if they could hand out buckets of sense to folks that need it..lol

Here's your common sense for the week, don't use it all up at once....lol.  

Govt ain't fixing what's wrong with folks for sure.  It prob is easier to cut all the trees down.....

5 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I would donate more tax money if they could hand out buckets of sense to folks that need it..lol

Here's your common sense for the week, don't use it all up at once....lol.  

Govt ain't fixing what's wrong with folks for sure.  It prob is easier to cut all the trees down.....

I guy at Keuka asked Al and I what all the white stuff was floating around lol, he bought his cottage the year before and had never heard of cottonwood trees. Hes a chemical engineer

• Like 1
  • Haha 1