Spring Box riser sealant (or my continuing saga of I really don’t know what I’m doing)

I have a 1000 gallon concrete spring box used as a reservoir where it is pumped up to my cabin. The water is fine but there can be some runoff at the access as it now sits in a little depression not far from my driveway. I purchased an 18” PVC riser, flange and lid to fit over the access hole which will allow me to backfill above grade and keep the rain water away. 

My question is how to adhere/seal the flange to the concrete box. I’d rather stay away from a butyl tape and can’t find a non-toxic version. 

Option  A - as the flange is cupped up, I could simply put it down attach the riser and the weight of the gravel will seal it. Could also screw it down but don’t want to compromise the concrete  

Option B - purchase a food grade latex gasket (probably have to cut from a large sheet), lay that down and do the above. 

Option C - lay a few beads of aquarium safe silicone and press the flange down and carry on as above. 

Option D - Use quickcrete and do above. 

Option E - relax and have a beer as I am seriously overthinking this. 

Thoughts? 

Edited by left field

15 hours ago, left field said:

Basically this. Flange, riser, lid. No sealant. 

There’s a concrete option but  I way I was getting those into my truck  

516F5B6A-6632-4E5F-A751-6BC0EC2E5B4A.jpeg

I like the silicone option but you have to make sure the concrete top is very clean. You can also use a gasket. I would go to Lowes and in the plumbing section they sell bulk flexible plastic lines.  They have  a couple that are like very soft rubber. Make a circle and stick one end in the other and then attach it using concrete anchors like Tapcons.  They you can you a not shrink grout or a hydraulic cement like G-man said. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, left field said:

So, bomb proof? 

I may go that route. Thanks. 

Yes pretty much , the combo of sealant and hydraulic cement shouls.make 100% water proof, just make sure you clean top of tank very well before attaching,  I'd even go as much as using muriatic acid to wash off top before setting.. your water isnt something to skimp on