US women's team in World Cup finals

nyslowhand

I believe women get equal pay if there  is a  demand for what ever it is they do . For example Women models make more then men models . It's the consumer who decides how much people are paid .

Edited by Hawk914

3 minutes ago, Hawk914 said:

I believe women get equal pay if there  is a  demand for what ever it is they do . For example Women models make more then men models . It's the consumer who decides how much people are paid .

my underwear modeling job didn't pay well at all I gotta say.  Short lived too. I got fired for stuffing a sock in my skivvies. Nobody said I had to stuff it in the front of them :pleasantry:

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I think she is a POS but in all honesty I don't think they were walking on the flag. It looks like the one woman that was holding it has NO idea what proper respect and etiquette is for the flag (as is the case for many young folks) and dropped it to do their little dance thing. The one woman  that walked in and picked it up when she saw it hit the ground  knew what was proper. 

Flag etiquette?  Disrespect IMHO.  She's representing the USA.  It's doubtful at this stage in their careers they don't know flag etiquette.  

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Rapinoe's brother is a model citizen.

you think it was the "meth he brought to school" at 15, gang association later, or the swastika and white supremacist ink that changed his status as her role model/hero? at least by 30 he wasn't racist and just a heroin dealer, ruining peoples lives. no wonder she's a passive aggressive asshole. thought of her brother's path in life has to be a hard one to deal with.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, mowin said:

Flag etiquette?  Disrespect IMHO.  She's representing the USA.  It's doubtful at this stage in their careers they don't know flag etiquette.  

I don't think for a minute that many know how the flag is supposed to be handled or not handled. Not handling it properly IS disrespect so I agree with you. My point was it was being promoted that they dropped it to purposely walk on the flag as a protest.  That is not what I saw in the video. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I don't think for a minute that many know how the flag is supposed to be handled or not handled. Not handling it properly IS disrespect so I agree with you. My point was it was being promoted that they dropped it to purposely walk on the flag as a protest.  That is not what I saw in the video. 

People in my neighborhood don't even realize that if you fly a flag you either have to illuminate it or bring it in at night ,one guy by me keeps a light on his the rest just leave them up in the dark.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

People in my neighborhood don't even realize that if you fly a flag you either have to illuminate it or bring it in at night ,one guy by me keeps a light on his the rest just leave them up in the dark.

I never knew that. interesting.

A lot of things people do with the American Flag that they shouldn’t.

It probably could be debated that the flag should not even be on the field draped over the shoulders of the athletes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Also should be taken down and not flown in inclement weather. 

Yea, I just googled the laws/codes. Very interesting. I don't fly any flags, so I never looked into it until now.

honestly we have a pretty big flag flying on a pole that was used for sports field lighting. i don't how high it is. at least 30'. it doesn't get taken down for inclement weather. neither is it lighted.  some stuff goes above and beyond what's practical.

28 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

honestly we have a pretty big flag flying on a pole that was used for sports field lighting. i don't how high it is. at least 30'. it doesn't get taken down for inclement weather. neither is it lighted.  some stuff goes above and beyond what's practical.

to me it is like having a pet. If you can't take care of it properly, then you shouldn't have it.  I get the weather being hard to anticipate but night come every day. 

• Like 1

FYI - It's believed Kelley O'Hara was player that retrieved the flag off the ground. Have to agree with Culver, don't believe the women intentionally put the USA flag on the ground & walked on it as a protest! Definitely not agreeing with what they did, but in the moment the photo opportunity was just too overwhelming and they dropped the flag. Again, not justifying what they did, but if you were crowned the best in the world (at anything!) I'd have to think all common-sense, ethics &/or clear thinking are lost. Much like their drinking, dancing and booty shaking celebration in the locker room after their win in the finals.

Not a lot of you were around, but JMO all respect & reverence for the US flag went out the window during the 1960s when all you saw on TV was flag burning protests. BTW - By USA's youth! Then they began putting the likeness of the US flag on everything from undies to shorts to shirts to bandannas to vehicle murals. Very few people born after the "baby boomer era" really know what the US flag represents.

Edited by nyslowhand
  • Like 2

There’s plenty to disagree with or not like about everyone- trying to overly fabricate an issue IS the issue in this ridiculous world. Agreeing to disagree used to be a bit more civil or maybe a bit more private. Everyone has a “platform” to preach today, even those who comment on an athlete commenting on a cause. BTW-those commenters did not even win the win cup or have an accomplishment.
These women are not the first and only ones who use their notoriety to try to impact change(whether you like their change is irrelevant). They got the spotlight and people are listening

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

to me it is like having a pet. If you can't take care of it properly, then you shouldn't have it.  I get the weather being hard to anticipate but night come every day. 

inclement weather is subjective. i mean it's on top of a mountain with two valleys converging. on any given day the wind is blowing at least 20 mph with sideways rain.  storms roll in through the valleys and by the time you seem them coming you have maybe 5 mins to react.  the lighting it at night thing i agree can be fixed but not sure anyone realized it. multiple relatives that have served and seen it. nobody's ever said anything.  honestly i know it's a thing but didn't know it was required under the law of flying it. seems to be under the radar a bit. i can think of multiple farms that have one flying and don't light it.  not saying it's necessarily right but i wouldn't question any of them having a lack of patriotism.

4 minutes ago, Hawk914 said:

The worst professional mens soccer team in the world would destroy  the best  womens  soccer team there is .

So until they can play as good as the men they get paid less so simple .

Play has nothing to do with it. If @phade numbers are correct they should strike

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Play has nothing to do with it. If @phade numbers are correct they should strike

I didn't see that post but I can tell you outside usa nobody watches womens soccer .

Ask any  Brazilian or Mexican who love soccer about womens soccer they will look at you with confusion. 

This probably makes me sound like a misogynist though I'm equally put off by the same action from men (maybe I'm just a stoic party pooper), but I hate the over exuberant celebrations of every achievement, large and small, by athletes. 

While I appreciate the accomplishment and the emotion that goes along with winning, can't anyone just win graciously, shake a few hands and go home?

• Like 3

This probably makes me sound like a misogynist though I'm equally put off by the same action from men (maybe I'm just a stoic party pooper), but I hate the over exuberant celebrations of every achievement, large and small, by athletes. 
While I appreciate the accomplishment and the emotion that goes along with winning, can't anyone just win graciously, shake a few hands and go home?
I agree the celebrations seem to be getting a bit overboard

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I have seen some reports that don't jive with what Phade put out there.  Actually the top player son the US men's and women's teams are not off by that much from one another. 

I saw these numbers tossed around as well. 

"When viewed objectively—based on how much money each competition generates—women actually make more than men. How so?

Well, there is a sizable difference in the revenue available to pay the male and female teams. According to Mike Oznian, a writer for Forbes, the 2015 Women’s World Cup “brought in almost $73 million, of which the players got 13%. The 2010 men’s World Cup in South Africa made almost $4 billion, of which 9% went to the players.”

Last year, the men’s World Cup in Russia generated more than $6 billion in revenue; the participating teams shared about $400 million. That is less than 7 percent of overall revenue. Meanwhile, the 2019 Women’s World Cup made somewhere in the region of $131 million, doling out $30 million, well more than 20 percent of collected revenue, to the participating teams. It seems a pay gap does exist, after all."

• Like 1

I’m not going to go into detail but I know players on both the men’s and women’s national teams over the years. One of which is on this women’s team now and she is a starter, goal scorer, and an elite player at the international and club level.

She makes peanuts compared to the men. Peanuts. If it wasn’t for appearances and camp and product sponsorships she’d barely be able to play the sport. She slept on friends couches up to 25-26 years old. Literally.