US women's team in World Cup finals

nyslowhand

2 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I have seen some reports that don't jive with what Phade put out there.  Actually the top player son the US men's and women's teams are not off by that much from one another. 

I saw these numbers tossed around as well. 

"When viewed objectively—based on how much money each competition generates—women actually make more than men. How so?

Well, there is a sizable difference in the revenue available to pay the male and female teams. According to Mike Oznian, a writer for Forbes, the 2015 Women’s World Cup “brought in almost $73 million, of which the players got 13%. The 2010 men’s World Cup in South Africa made almost $4 billion, of which 9% went to the players.”

Last year, the men’s World Cup in Russia generated more than $6 billion in revenue; the participating teams shared about $400 million. That is less than 7 percent of overall revenue. Meanwhile, the 2019 Women’s World Cup made somewhere in the region of $131 million, doling out $30 million, well more than 20 percent of collected revenue, to the participating teams. It seems a pay gap does exist, after all."

I have no idea if those numbers are accurate or not , i'm positive the mens league generates more revenue . There is no reason someone from the womens team should make the same as the mens team if they are bringing in a fraction of the revenue. That's how jobs work .

• Like 3

U.S. women's soccer games have generated more revenue than U.S. men's games over the past three years.

That's according to audited financial statements from the U.S. Soccer Federation (USSF) obtained by The Wall Street Journal. In 2016, women's games generated $1.9 million more in revenue than men's games. From 2016 to 2018, women's games generated approximately $50.8 million in revenue, compared with $49.9 million for men's games.

The audit was conducted by one of the big 4 CPA firms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U.S. women's soccer games have generated more revenue than U.S. men's games over the past three years.

That's according to audited financial statements from the U.S. Soccer Federation (USSF) obtained by The Wall Street Journal. In 2016, women's games generated $1.9 million more in revenue than men's games. From 2016 to 2018, women's games generated approximately $50.8 million in revenue, compared with $49.9 million for men's games.

The audit was conducted by one of the big 4 CPA firms.

Where are these billions numbers coming from??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Let’s also not forget the MEN’s national team has come out with public support for the women’s lawsuit on this topic.

Here is their quote -

"The United States National Soccer Team Players Association fully supports the efforts of the US Women's National Team Players to achieve equal pay," reads the statement. "Specifically, we are committed to the concept of a revenue-sharing model to address the US Soccer Federation's 'market realities' and find a way towards fair compensation."

Where are these billions numbers coming from??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

People who don’t understand how players are compensated. The billions of revenue claim come from overall value of the event that is owned and run by FIFA. Players are compensated by the governing body of the national country which is USSF here. Claims of revenue by FIFA doesn’t mean squat because the checks come from the USSF. FIFA pays USSF and USSF can do what they want with the payments (usually spelled out in contracts) USSF’s audited records show the women made more money for the USSF the past three years.

For non-tournament games, such as friendlies, their contract is written for 20 games. If the women won all 20 and the men won all 20. The men make more than $250K, and the women make less than $100K.

What soccer is worth on the global stage is irrelevant as the comp is men’s US and women’s US revenue streams. It’s blatant.

People who don’t understand how players are compensated. The billions of revenue claim come from overall value of the event that is owned and run by FIFA. Players are compensated by the governing body of the national country which is USSF here. Claims of revenue by FIFA doesn’t mean squat because the checks come from the USSF. FIFA pays USSF and USSF can do what they want with the payments (usually spelled out in contracts) USSF’s audited records show the women made more money for the USSF the past three years.

For non-tournament games, such as friendlies, their contract is written for 20 games. If the women won all 20 and the men won all 20. The men make more than $250K, and the women make less than $100K.

What soccer is worth on the global stage is irrelevant as the comp is men’s US and women’s US revenue streams. It’s blatant.

Are you claiming all the men make the same amount as each other and all the women make the same as each other?

Are you claiming all the men make the same amount as each other and all the women make the same as each other?
At the national team level I believe they do.

They are all paid differently at the club level and for individual endorsements.
The major salary discrepancy comes between nwsl contracts and mls contracts.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

The worst professional mens soccer team in the world would destroy  the best  womens  soccer team there is .
So until they can play as good as the men they get paid less so simple .

The Under 15 men’s Dallas team beat that women’s team. There’s no comparison

• Like 1

Some of you are unbelievable. I dont care if the womens team could get beat by trained monkeys. If they bring in more money as phade seems to be showing they shouldn't make less. If that was you and your day job youd be looking for another one. lol what floors me more is the "just shake hands and be grateful for the win". I get some celebrate in poor taste but Wtf! They just won the WORLD CUP!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

How much money they take in is not what matters.  How much PROFIT they generate is!  The women's team's expenses could be twice that of the men's team.

People who are supporting the "Equal Pay" demand may not realize they are supporting government dictatorship over private enterprise regarding private salaries.  American jobs are free will employment.  The company offers certain pay for a job and the employee can either accept it or reject it.  Sports salaries are no different.  Demanding equal pay is the same as demanding a $15 minimum wage.  If you allow the government to start controlling this stuff, you will see people who benefit from it, voting for the party that hands it out.  It's buying votes with other people's money.  When they get your vote, they will continue to strive for bigger government and more control over every aspect of your individual lives.  If you support this type of government insertion into private pay, you are not going to like how all this eventually turns out in the future.  Many people who work harder and are more productive than others, will find themselves making the same pay as those others, due to "Equal Pay" laws.  Plus, preferential treatment often comes into play with respect to who is made to work hard for the pay, and who is allowed to goof off.

As far as celebrating a win, there is a right way and a wrong way to do it.  If it's done with taste and class and honors the winners without mocking or humiliating the losers, it's a positive thing, especially if it also honors the losers for their professional competition.  If it's done with a narcissistic, egotistical display of crude gestures that would be expected from immature juveniles and directed at the opposition as mockery, or taunting their playing ability, it is on an equal level with childish playground misbehavior.  Also, any type of choreographed display on the field by a winning team, designed to make them look like Gods or superior beings, is simply egocentric vanity and should be shunned by the audience as gauche.

• Like 1

I suspect it's all propaganda and disinformation  people get paid what the market says there worth. There is no market for womens soccer like there is for mens globally.  This PR stunt will no dought artificially make some of them worth more now then before but it is not from them playing soccer it is from now  there political activism.   Like that t bag who got the deal from Nike  capercock/ nick or whatever his name is . 

Edited by Hawk914

2 hours ago, nyslowhand said:

WTF have I started..... Un-friggin believable!!!

That's the beauty of this forum, actually.  Someone could start a thread asking for a recommendation on the best toenail clippers and then it might turn into a 65 page pissing match that goes 30 different directions.  LOL

• Thanks 1

How much money they take in is not what matters.  How much PROFIT they generate is!  The women's team's expenses could be twice that of the men's team.

People who are supporting the "Equal Pay" demand may not realize they are supporting government dictatorship over private enterprise regarding private salaries.  American jobs are free will employment.  The company offers certain pay for a job and the employee can either accept it or reject it.  Sports salaries are no different.  Demanding equal pay is the same as demanding a $15 minimum wage.  If you allow the government to start controlling this stuff, you will see people who benefit from it, voting for the party that hands it out.  It's buying votes with other people's money.  When they get your vote, they will continue to strive for bigger government and more control over every aspect of your individual lives.  If you support this type of government insertion into private pay, you are not going to like how all this eventually turns out in the future.  Many people who work harder and are more productive than others, will find themselves making the same pay as those others, due to "Equal Pay" laws.  Plus, preferential treatment often comes into play with respect to who is made to work hard for the pay, and who is allowed to goof off.

As far as celebrating a win, there is a right way and a wrong way to do it.  If it's done with taste and class and honors the winners without mocking or humiliating the losers, it's a positive thing, especially if it also honors the losers for their professional competition.  If it's done with a narcissistic, egotistical display of crude gestures that would be expected from immature juveniles and directed at the opposition as mockery, or taunting their playing ability, it is on an equal level with childish playground misbehavior.  Also, any type of choreographed display on the field by a winning team, designed to make them look like Gods or superior beings, is simply egocentric vanity and should be shunned by the audience as gauche.

Women’s team expenses are less and generated multiple times more net revenue than the men. $9M vs $3M during the recent years.

Some of the mindsets are indeed unbelievable. Ignorance on full display.

Any attempt to try to say pay is equal or close to for contract players is based off of pay for performance - the women win and men do not win nearly as much. Women have to overperform to come close to men who don’t. And they’re doing it while making more money for the USSF and spending less in expenses.

Face it, some of you guys here are showing and demonstrating the exact cause of the problem.

Well, here's the real equal pay solution.  Have one US team based on top performance.  Whoever makes the team gets paid, regardless of gender.  If you can't measure up, admit your inferiority and go home.  That's real gender equality.

I'm all for equality, but only if it's based on equal standards.  The minute the standards are different, there is no equality.  Calling for equal pay when the standards aren't equal is extortion.  Having the courts order it for you based on hurt feelings instead of rule of law is putting the sport on a dangerous course.  Be careful what you wish for.

What are they going to do when there's an invasion of trans athletes in women's soccer?  It's surely coming, especially if they get their paychecks doubled.

Edited by Rattler

Well, here's the real equal pay solution.  Have one US team based on top performance.  Whoever makes the team gets paid, regardless of gender.  If you can't measure up, admit your inferiority and go home.  That's real gender equality.

I'm all for equality, but only if it's based on equal standards.  The minute the standards are different, there is no equality.  Calling for equal pay when the standards aren't equal is extortion.  Having the courts order it for you based on hurt feelings instead of rule of law is putting the sport on a dangerous course.  Be careful what you wish for.

What are they going to do when there's an invasion of trans athletes in women's soccer?  It's surely coming, especially if they get their paychecks doubled.

Resorting to what if. Ignorance of facts.

Facts. Business A brings in more revenue, spends less, brings in more profit, and employees are paid less than employees in Business B, which is less profitable, spends more, and brings in less revenue. Same task being completed in a non-free market employer situation. National team. Not another next block over.

1 hour ago, phade said:

Women’s team expenses are less and generated multiple times more net revenue than the men. $9M vs $3M during the recent years.

So what are the exact expense numbers and what are the profit figures?

Some of the mindsets are indeed unbelievable. Ignorance on full display.

Statements like this don't score any points in the debate without facts to back them up.  You gain more support if you simply make your case without derogatory comments.

Any attempt to try to say pay is equal or close to for contract players is based off of pay for performance - the women win and men do not win nearly as much. Women have to overperform to come close to men who don’t. And they’re doing it while making more money for the USSF and spending less in expenses.

Once again, what are the expenses and profits?  Without the numbers, it's mere opinion.

Face it, some of you guys here are showing and demonstrating the exact cause of the problem.

If you make such a statement, simply because the opposition doesn't agree with you, it holds no water unless you provide data to support it.

10 minutes ago, phade said:

Facts. Business A brings in more revenue, spends less, brings in more profit, and employees are paid less than employees in Business B, which is less profitable, spends more, and brings in less revenue.

Show me the money numbers.  I'm skeptical of these claims.  All sources I've seen who've weighed in on the issue in the sports world claim otherwise.

Edited by Rattler

Show me the money numbers.  I'm skeptical of these claims.  All sources I've seen who've weighed in on the issue in the sports world claim otherwise.

USSF financial statements. Confirmed by audit of one of the big 4 CPA firms.

You are really grasping at straws.

5 minutes ago, phade said:

USSF financial statements. Confirmed by audit of one of the big 4 CPA firms.

You are really grasping at straws.

No, simply calling for proof of a claim that is essential to your case.

This is a very good article that separates the wages earned by the team paid by their "Employers" and the bonus structure of the World tournament. Of note is that the teaks are "unions' negotiated their contracts and accepted them. Sounds to me like the women should be getting some better negotiators to represent them.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/07/08/are-us-womens-soccer-players-really-earning-less-than-men/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.1ca97873b002

That's the beauty of this forum, actually.  Someone could start a thread asking for a recommendation on the best toenail clippers and then it might turn into a 65 page pissing match that goes 30 different directions.  LOL

FYI
f4eb7107aa05a7d6a3d583b2eb50df89.jpg

• Haha 3