US women's team in World Cup finals

nyslowhand

30 minutes ago, phade said:

Facts. Business A brings in more revenue, spends less, brings in more profit, and employees are paid less than employees in Business B, which is less profitable, spends more, and brings in less revenue. Same task being completed in a non-free market employer situation. National team. Not another next block over.

Business A and B employees are union and negotiate their respective contracts with their employers. Business B, even though not as profitable participates in a world wide market that has a much bigger bonus structure. Business A believes that because their market has such a smaller bonus structure in their world market that they should receive a portion of Business B's bonuses so everything is equal? 

Business A and B employees are union and negotiate their respective contracts with their employers. Business B, even though not as profitable participates in a world wide market that has a much bigger bonus structure. Business A believes that because their market has such a smaller bonus structure in their world market that they should receive a portion of Business B's bonuses so everything is equal? 

Market opportunity doesn’t matter. Demonstrated financial results do. Business A made more, spent less, and generated higher net revenue. They’re not asking for Business B’s bonus. They’re asking to be paid in line with Business B out of their own revenue stream, which again is larger, more efficient, and profitable.

And let’s not forget the men’s team is in full support. They want to integrate a revenue sharing pay system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just don't see it  except now with all this  media controversy some of these women will be generating more revenue then the man  soccer players . But its  not from soccer it is  from  political activism .In general all sports Revenue is down . 

Ok then if there is all this unfairness  between men and women in the job market 

Please explain why women models make more then men ?

Same in the adult film industry  

And there as sleazy  as a industry as can be  but they still pay the women more . 

What people pay is just all supply and damand driven nothing more nothing less .

Have a job skill nobody else can do you get more money if they need that skill and can't find someone to do it for less, it is that simple . Economics 101 . 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, phade said:

Market opportunity doesn’t matter. Demonstrated financial results do. Business A made more, spent less, and generated higher net revenue. They’re not asking for Business B’s bonus. They’re asking to be paid in line with Business B out of their own revenue stream, which again is larger, more efficient, and profitable.

Why did the representatives negotiate the deal?  The largest disparity IS from the world bonus pot from what I am seeing. 

7 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

lol what floors me more is the "just shake hands and be grateful for the win". I get some celebrate in poor taste but Wtf! They just won the WORLD CUP!

For me it was the celebration of every goal in the Thai game as if it was the final. Honestly, I feel the same way when I see a football player dancing in the end zone, a tennis player falling to their knees or a deer hunter on youtube screaming to the camera when they shot a deer. This is performance for an audience.  

5 hours ago, Rattler said:

As far as celebrating a win, there is a right way and a wrong way to do it.  If it's done with taste and class and honors the winners without mocking or humiliating the losers, it's a positive thing, especially if it also honors the losers for their professional competition.  If it's done with a narcissistic, egotistical display of crude gestures that would be expected from immature juveniles and directed at the opposition as mockery, or taunting their playing ability, it is on an equal level with childish playground misbehavior.  Also, any type of choreographed display on the field by a winning team, designed to make them look like Gods or superior beings, is simply egocentric vanity and should be shunned by the audience as gauche.

This.

• Like 2

Why did the representatives negotiate the deal?  The largest disparity IS from the world bonus pot from what I am seeing. 

Behind the scenes reasoning is USSF tried to blur the two revenue streams. Last collective bargaining was based off of financials that were very hard to decipher. The growth of the women’s income is what really made it visible based on increased marketing opps. They had so many new deals that it had to be larger than before. The audit was conducted and it showed insight into the revenue streams.

7 minutes ago, phade said:

Behind the scenes reasoning is USSF tried to blur the two revenue streams. Last collective bargaining was based off of financials that were very hard to decipher. The growth of the women’s income is what really made it visible based on increased marketing opps. They had so many new deals that it had to be larger than before. The audit was conducted and it showed insight into the revenue streams.

I have no interest in watching womens soccer and even less now  but if they want to shoot themselves in the foot and drive that league into bankruptcy  with a lawsuit.  Ok by me,  the I'm a victim stick only works so far . 

Edited by Hawk914
  • Like 1

Rapinoe is a soccer celebrity, a millionaire, and a lesbian icon. She also portrays herself to be a victim of inequality, inequity, and sexism. She has obviously taken too many sips from the cup of political correctness because she’s intoxicated on her own celebrity. As for inequality, it’s a fact that one billion people will have watched the 2019 Women’s World Cup, but the 2018 Men’s World Cup reached 3.6 billion. This isn’t inequality, just consumer ratings. As for inequity, pay structures for women and men’s soccer are measured by viewership, not gender. Furthermore, the gap in talent speaks volumes. Two years ago, the U.S. women’s national team was beaten badly by a team of boys under the age of 15.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hawk914 said:

Womens soccer is about as popular around the world as curling 

They should be counting there blessings that they are getting paid at all for doing something they love . Instead of making a circus out of it .

images.jpeg-7.jpg

That's an interesting point, actually.  I bet that in Europe and South America, where people go plumb nuts over men's soccer, there is probably nowhere near the interest in women's soccer like we are seeing here in the US right now.  Only reason there is any interest here is that the American women are somehow the best compared to everyone else.  And if American women are the best, the others are probably not too great to begin with.  I bet women's soccer throughout the rest of the world will now be even less popular since the American's have been dominating.  The American women may very well be shooting themselves in the foot by being the best.  They could kiss their equal pay goodbye if the popularity of the sport starts to diminish throughout the rest of the world

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, steve863 said:

That's an interesting point, actually.  I bet that in Europe and South America, where people go plumb nuts over men's soccer, there is probably nowhere near the interest in women's soccer like we are seeing here in the US right now.  Only reason there is any interest here is that the American women are somehow the best compared to everyone else.  And if American women are the best, the others are probably not too great to begin with.  I bet women's soccer throughout the rest of the world will now be even less popular since the American's have been dominating.  The American women may very well be shooting themselves in the foot by being the best.  They could kiss their equal pay goodbye if the popularity of the sport starts to diminish throughout the rest of the world

Exactly don't you find it strange that USA is so great at womens soccer when in mens soccer we kinda of suck compared to the rest of the world? it is  becuase nobody actually plays or follows womens soccer in latin America or Europe  or any place outside the USA   lol  

While I may agree they should make more as they are way more successful than the men. They are where they are at their own doing...... The thing is they by their union all agreed to the current pay structure for the US Federation pay scale. They are the ones complaining about what they agreed to!!

And the FIFA world $ and bonuses is based on what the men and women actually each generate which the men is substantially more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hawk914 said:

Womens soccer is about as popular around the world as curling 

images.jpeg-7.jpg

Back off from curling lest you become my mortal enemy.

2 hours ago, Rattler said:

Rapinoe is a soccer celebrity, a millionaire, and a lesbian icon. 

My secret desire is to be a lesbian icon. So far, no luck.

Dream board my ass.

2 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Soccer is boring ....... Watching grass grow is more exciting .

here's a fun fact. everyone is different and soccer may be boring to you, but is the most watched sport in the world. I happen to think that nascar and just about all golf except the masters is boring. I have nothing against them. They're just not for me.

this board is prime example of how that model works. the more members and views and clicks, the more money in John's pocket.

watch what you want. support what you like. 

Edited by Belo

5 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

It is probably the least expensive major sport to play and outfit. I think that is why it is so popular across the world. Kids grew up playing it so it is what they know and enjoy. 

that is absolutely why. doesn't change the fact that it's still the most popular sport. As previously discussed, players get paid based on the revenue they bring in. MLS gets next to squat compared to premiere league. Same goes for hockey vs nba etc. gender has nothing to do with it.