US women's team in World Cup finals

nyslowhand

10 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

It is probably the least expensive major sport to play and outfit. I think that is why it is so popular across the world. Kids grew up playing it so it is what they know and enjoy. 

Exactly why it's a fun sport to play that all you need is a ball  ,people grew up with it and naturally they like to see who is the best at it on tv . 

Edited by Hawk914

Years and years ago there was a show on ABC called Superstars. It was a multi-sport competition open to all professional athletes to decide who was the best athlete of all.

There were only two three-time winners and one of those was Kyle Rote Jr., a soccer player. He was tough SOB and in great shape.

20 hours ago, phade said:

Some of the mindsets are indeed unbelievable. Ignorance on full display.

Face it, some of you guys here are showing and demonstrating the exact cause of the problem.

^^^ Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone seen the German TV ad for their women's soccer players? Same issue, around the world!

22 hours ago, Rattler said:

Rapinoe is a soccer celebrity, a millionaire, and a lesbian icon. She also portrays herself to be a victim of inequality, inequity, and sexism. She has obviously taken too many sips from the cup of political correctness because she’s intoxicated on her own celebrity. As for inequality, it’s a fact that one billion people will have watched the 2019 Women’s World Cup, but the 2018 Men’s World Cup reached 3.6 billion. This isn’t inequality, just consumer ratings. As for inequity, pay structures for women and men’s soccer are measured by viewership, not gender. Furthermore, the gap in talent speaks volumes. Two years ago, the U.S. women’s national team was beaten badly by a team of boys under the age of 15.

As a radical lesbian, or if you want to be PC- woman in comfortable shoes- Rapinoe claims she wants to be taken seriously, that all men are predators, that she should be treated equal, that she has a mind ect ect. But then poses for SI swim suit edition using sexuality to promote herself. They drop the flag on the ground during their celebration, She exposes herself last night at the espy awards. She is NOT a role model for young girls.

14149360-D55D-46AE-B2A8-013F97AD5BD6.jpeg

Just wondering why we only here from the one bad apple of the bunch? I'm sure there are other players on that team that don't have her crazy political views . But the media only focuses on the one f up of the bunch  unreal . When you reward bad Behavior you get more bad Behavior. 

25 minutes ago, ANTLERS said:

As a radical lesbian, or if you want to be PC- woman in comfortable shoes- Rapinoe claims she wants to be taken seriously, that all men are predators, that she should be treated equal, that she has a mind ect ect. But then poses for SI swim suit edition using sexuality to promote herself. They drop the flag on the ground during their celebration, She exposes herself last night at the espy awards. She is NOT a role model for young girls.

14149360-D55D-46AE-B2A8-013F97AD5BD6.jpeg

I dont believe she ever said that all men are predators. I'm not sure a man has any say in who can or cant be a role model for young girls. She's vocal and a little obnoxious, but honestly sometimes that's what it seems to take to get your message out there. Which is essentially, you can be you. Dont be afraid to come out and don't worry what others think about you.

all that said, I dont support the anti-american sh!t, but I do support her right to do it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Belo said:

I dont believe she ever said that all men are predators. I'm not sure a man has any say in who can or cant be a role model for young girls. She's vocal and a little obnoxious, but honestly sometimes that's what it seems to take to get your message out there. Which is essentially, you can be you. Dont be afraid to come out and don't worry what others think about you.

all that said, I dont support the anti-american sh!t, but I do support her right to do it.

She can say what she wants  in private on a street corner but media should turn off her mic as soon as she starts up with that anti American shit on public airwaves.  Or don't say you are playing soccer for the usa when you are obviously not . Think about it , why is she making money why is she famous. 

It's only because she represents the usa in soccer she is not playing for her self and should act better then that in public . She is representing the whole country not just the left .

Edited by Hawk914

On 7/10/2019 at 8:33 AM, left field said:

For me it was the celebration of every goal in the Thai game as if it was the final. Honestly, I feel the same way when I see a football player dancing in the end zone, a tennis player falling to their knees or a deer hunter on youtube screaming to the camera when they shot a deer. This is performance for an audience.  

This.

the Thailand game was ridiculous for numbers of goals scored. Still each goal wasn't like it was choreographed.  First group stage match. anticipation and nerves are threw the roof no matter who you play.  you start kicking ass and it's going to be hard to hold back that excitement. it's not just another game. it's event every soccer player lives and trains for or dreams to be at but never has the chance.  After the clock ran out the US team walked around and hugged the Thai team. Some were even giving words of encouragement to try to lift them back up. Sportsman like conduct and respect was definitely there.

5 minutes ago, Belo said:

I don't know how many times I need to say this to you, but she can say what she wants in public as well. Again, while I don't support how she is going about her message, her desire for equality is a message more people want to hear than don't.

Yea as long as the media don't cover it .  Do you get to be on tv to preach your political beliefs to  the country ? No so why is this pos allowed  to on partly the governments dime . That's not her job and not her  field of expertise.

Edited by Hawk914

for those of you that are arguing that is what they agreed to and they should live with it. any at point did you wonder if the women's team reps agreed to the pay structure they did because that's the best deal that could be had at the time but the players still aren't happy with it?  i mean in other union negotiated contracts that idea isn't unheard of.  at some point you have to get what you can get or nobody plays and nothing happens.  I agree what's on paper has to be lived with for now unless some sort of shadiness happened during negotiations.

26 minutes ago, Belo said:

I don't know how many times I need to say this to you, but she can say what she wants in public as well. Again, while I don't support how she is going about her message, her desire for equality is a message more people want to hear than don't.

you're obviously wrong and they think the 1st amendment is shit. we should be like third world countries where people in public are censored. if you say something the government doesn't like then you go in the hole! things would then be so amazing. hahaha

14 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

you're obviously wrong and they think the 1st amendment is shit. we should be like third world countries where people in public are censored. if you say something the government doesn't like then you go in the hole! things would then be so amazing. hahaha

No don't need to take it to that  level just like tv,  radio stations can not  put  nudety or swear words on public airwaves  or they would get fined heavily the same should happen to news outlets who let her preach that anti American shit on tv the laws are already there just need to be modified a little to cover anti American speech.  She is there to talk about soccer . Any anti usa trash coming out her  pie hole should not  get  any  free airtime . Let them  pay for it on there own dime . 

Edited by Hawk914

1 minute ago, Hawk914 said:

No don't need to take it to that  level just like tv,  radio stations can not  put  nudety or swear words on public airwaves  or they would get fined heavily the same should happen to news outlets who let her preach that anti American shit on tv the laws are already there just need to be modified a little to cover anti American speech.  She is there to talk about soccer . Any anti usa trash or coming out her  pie hole should not  get  any  free airtime . Let them  pay for it on there own dime . 

i think it's already happened to an extent. her kneeling was old news. since i think US Soccer or which ever entity said you stand or don't play.  you can only make so many rules but if someone wants to be disrespectful it'll happen somehow. i don't disagree with your intent though. As team USA she needs to be held to a higher standard, not necessarily what she accepts. whatever the situation is now is what it is. next printed contract i'm sure will address some stuff and hopefully they don't let stuff slide just to be relevant.

• Like 1

Basically she is working for the democratic party same as many of these media outlets  giving them millions of dollars in free advertising  that is  real collusion.  Democrats or media should be paying for it  if they are going to do that crap . it's a sneaky way for  media to collude  with the dems  to get around campaign finance laws  they do it all the time and nobody calls them out for it .

You really think everyone on that team shares her views of course not but the media only gives  her  a voice because it's what they want to promote.  Its bullshit 

Edited by Hawk914

49 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

for those of you that are arguing that is what they agreed to and they should live with it. any at point did you wonder if the women's team reps agreed to the pay structure they did because that's the best deal that could be had at the time but the players still aren't happy with it?  i mean in other union negotiated contracts that idea isn't unheard of.  at some point you have to get what you can get or nobody plays and nothing happens.  I agree what's on paper has to be lived with for now unless some sort of shadiness happened during negotiations.

They could have went on strike and stuck to their guns. They chose not to.  They are getting paid to play a game. If they struck there would have been a line of women to take their spots and been happy about it.  

1 hour ago, Hawk914 said:

Yea as long as the media don't cover it .  Do you get to be on tv to preach your political beliefs to  the country ? No so why is this pos allowed  to on partly the governments dime . That's not her job and not her  field of expertise.

50 minutes ago, Hawk914 said:

No don't need to take it to that  level just like tv,  radio stations can not  put  nudety or swear words on public airwaves  or they would get fined heavily the same should happen to news outlets who let her preach that anti American shit on tv the laws are already there just need to be modified a little to cover anti American speech.  She is there to talk about soccer . Any anti usa trash coming out her  pie hole should not  get  any  free airtime . Let them  pay for it on there own dime . 

looks like stormy is back in full swing. incoherent ramblings, spelling and all. This time he throws in his lack of understanding of basic human rights and our constitution.

good grief charlie brown

1 hour ago, Belo said:

looks like stormy is back in full swing. incoherent ramblings, spelling and all. This time he throws in his lack of understanding of basic human rights and our constitution.

good grief charlie brown

Stormy was doing something else while he's typing this at the moment. Excuse me , are you looking for a job as my publicist Maybe :)

I highly doubt a Iranian father would be driving their daughters to soccer practice.  Girls in a lot of these other countries are not allowed to play sports.  The global competition on women's side are not as crowded as it is on the men's side.

• Like 1