US women's team in World Cup finals

nyslowhand

19 minutes ago, Elmo said:

I highly doubt a Iranian father would be driving their daughters to soccer practice.  Girls in a lot of these other countries are not allowed to play sports.  The global competition on women's side are not as crowded as it is on the men's side.

while you're not wrong with your first point, the best soccer competition comes out out of Europe and south america and Europe certainly isn't lagging in woman's rights. 

Edited by Belo

38 minutes ago, Belo said:

while you're not wrong with your first point, the best soccer competition comes out out of Europe and south america and Europe certainly isn't lagging in woman's rights. 

Europe maybe, but in many 3rd world countries, young girls are expected to look after siblings and help out the mom around the house while boys were allowed to be boys.

1 hour ago, Elmo said:

Europe maybe, but in many 3rd world countries, young girls are expected to look after siblings and help out the mom around the house while boys were allowed to be boys.

how many 3rd world countries are actively competing for the championship though?

10 minutes ago, Belo said:

how many 3rd world countries are actively competing for the championship though?

FIFA ranks over 200 Men's teams and 155 women's teams. So I would assume they have national soccer teams. Looking down the list I have to say that I have heard of all the countries but if you offered me a million $$ to lust tell you what continent they were all on, I would fail miserably. 

https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/women/

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

FIFA ranks over 200 Men's teams and 155 women's teams. So I would assume they have national soccer teams. Looking down the list I have to say that I have heard of all the countries but if you offered me a million $$ to lust tell you what continent they were all on, I would fail miserably. 

https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/women/

yeah i'm not talking about those that compete. but those that actively are expected to compete for the title each year. ie england, france, germany, spain, italy, china, japan etc. I rarely see bosnia and the congo with high betting odds. that was my point.

1 minute ago, Belo said:

yeah i'm not talking about those that compete. but those that actively are expected to compete for the title each year. ie england, france, germany, spain, italy, china, japan etc. I rarely see bosnia and the congo with high betting odds. that was my point.

I get it, but when discussing worldwide popularity and how the men can get so much more press and pay, I think it is important to see the whole list. In some of these countries it's almost cult like in how they follow their teams. 

22 hours ago, Hawk914 said:

Just wondering why we only here from the one bad apple of the bunch? I'm sure there are other players on that team that don't have her crazy political views . But the media only focuses on the one f up of the bunch  unreal . When you reward bad Behavior you get more bad Behavior.

Because the left stream media supports her radical agenda.  It's all about bringing down traditional western vales, from marriage to religion to morals to excellence.

• Like 1

The fact is these women are playing to the emotions of the idiot electorate that has no idea how compensation works or how pay is determined.  They're looking for public support to use as an extortion tool to get more money.

If the money coming in was high enough, they could simply tell the bosses, "We don't get twice the pay, we don't play. End of discussion."  If the bosses felt they were going to lose enough money, they would double their pay.  If they won't give them a pay raise, the bosses obviously are willing to let them walk.

Like it or not, that's capitalism, that's free market, that's business.  Supporting the female players pushing this agenda, is supporting bigger government control of private enterprise.  If you're a supporter of the Constitution, rights and freedom, you should not be supporting any of this.

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 1

What's going to happen is that lesbian is going to make all the money and the rest of womens  soccer team will make pennies even less now    because she has turned off half the country to womens soccer now, that was starting to go mainstream and turned it into a shit show circus. 

Edited by Hawk914

All I can say is that the financials show to me that the women’s team is under-compensated, again, when looking at the financials. Union negotiations could have been a bad deal, or done not in good faith if the USSF’s financial layout blurred the income streams to the point it was not easily determined who made what. This was cleared after the audit was conducted. Women bring in more gross revenue, spend less in expenses, and have higher net profit.

Any BS about how one soccer player acts, how hairy her crotch may be, or how little people may agree or disagree with her beliefs is irrelevant to me based on facts of compensation.

Also, I fully disagree that supporting this scenario is going against the grain of any American values systems. Same with the insinuation that people who think the women are under-compensated do not understand how people are paid in a free market.

There may be people with better business acumen than me on this site, as we don’t always know backgrounds. What I can say is that I personally lead and am responsible for a P+L that is larger than what these soccer players are discussing. It’s clear to me the under-compensation exists.

I will speak no more on this topic. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, phade said:

All I can say is that the financials show to me that the women’s team is under-compensated when looking at the financials. Union negotiations could have been a bad deal, or done not in good faith if the USSF’s financial layout blurred the income streams to the point it was not easily determined who made what. This was cleared after the audit was conducted. Women bring in more gross revenue, spend less in expenses, and have higher net profit.

Any BS about how one soccer player acts, how hairy her crotch may be, or how little people may agree or disagree with her beliefs is irrelevant to me based on facts of compensation.

Also, I fully disagree that supporting this scenario is going against the grain of any American values systems. Same with the insinuation that people who think the women are under-compensated do not understand how people are paid in a free market.

There may be people with better business acumen than me on this site, as we don’t always know backgrounds. What I can say is that I personally lead and am responsible for a P+L that is larger than what these soccer players are discussing. It’s clear to me the under-compensation exists.

I will speak no more on this topic. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You had me at hairy crotch

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Belo said:

the left wing media is trying to bring down marriage? 

Seriously?  Do they not promote every type of non-traditional, alternative marriage, while ignoring, or condemning, the positive attributes of the nuclear family that remains intact?  Do they not support public education corrupting the values instilled by the parents?  Do they not condone removing as many parental rights as possible and giving control of how children must be raised to the government?  Do they not ignore the huge cultural problem of black families not headed by a father?  Do they not promote the virtues of ANY "family" not headed by a father?

Why are they like that?   Because the traditional nuclear family is the biggest threat to leftist progressive Marxist ideology and it's desire to control the masses.  That's where each generation is taught how to think, what is moral and what is a traditional value that has proven to be worth following for generations.  The leftist media is nothing more than the propaganda arm for the Democrat party.

If they can get rid of traditional nuclear families and their morals and values, they can take their place as the bastion of all knowledge regarding what is and isn't moral or valuable.  That would be a huge amount of mind control.

The left wing media has never spoken out about the entire generation of children from K through 12 and college, that has been indoctrinated into leftist ideology so the Democrats can reap the benefits of their votes from now on.

From there they will go on to destroy all forms of traditional religion, so they can instill the government in it's place as your God, from whom all "good" things flow.

This is not something new.  Every Leftist Marxist society that ever existed, has done all of this to the letter.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Belo said:

the left wing media is trying to bring down marriage? 

They are trying to bring down everything that used to be deemed moral, honorable and traditional.  If you are white, straight, christian and have a strong work ethic you don't fit into what they are pushing.  Their message has never been clearer.   It's all about the poor blacks, undocumented immigrants, LGBT, women and their right to abortions (even at 9 months), criminals, etc.  It's quite sickening to watch.  Absolutely everything the liberal media says and does puts this second group on a pedestal while they take every opportunity to show the first group in a bad light every chance they get.  Yeah, I know FOX news can be ridiculous, too.  If they would just take the high road and not use the same tactics as the left is using they would have way more credibility.  Unfortunately, these days it's all about brainwashing the masses.  Between TV, internet, social media no one can think for themselves anymore.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Seriously?  Do they not promote every type of non-traditional, alternative marriage, while ignoring, or condemning, the positive attributes of the nuclear family that remains intact?  Do they not support public education corrupting the values instilled by the parents?  Do they not condone removing as many parental rights as possible and giving control of how children must be raised to the government?  Do they not ignore the huge cultural problem of black families not headed by a father?  Do they not promote the virtues of ANY "family" not headed by a father?

Why are they like that?   Because the traditional nuclear family is the biggest threat to leftist progressive Marxist ideology and it's desire to control the masses.  That's where each generation is taught how to think, what is moral and what is a traditional value that has proven to be worth following for generations.  The leftist media is nothing more than the propaganda arm for the Democrat party.

If they can get rid of traditional nuclear families and their morals and values, they can take their place as the bastion of all knowledge regarding what is and isn't moral or valuable.  That would be a huge amount of mind control.

The left wing media has never spoken out about the entire generation of children from K through 12 and college, that has been indoctrinated into leftist ideology so the Democrats can reap the benefits of their votes from now on.

From there they will go on to destroy all forms of traditional religion, so they can instill the government in it's place as your God, from whom all "good" things flow.

This is not something new.  Every Leftist Marxist society that ever existed, has done all of this to the letter.

24 minutes ago, steve863 said:

They are trying to bring down everything that used to be deemed moral, honorable and traditional.  If you are white, straight, christian and have a strong work ethic you don't fit into what they are pushing.  Their message has never been clearer.   It's all about the poor blacks, undocumented immigrants, LGBT, women and their right to abortions (even at 9 months), criminals, etc.  It's quite sickening to watch.  Absolutely everything the liberal media says and does puts this second group on a pedestal while they take every opportunity to show the first group in a bad light every chance they get.  Yeah, I know FOX news can be ridiculous, too.  If they would just take the high road and not use the same tactics as the left is using they would have way more credibility.  Unfortunately, these days it's all about brainwashing the masses.  Between TV, internet, social media no one can think for themselves anymore.

promoting gay marriage does not condemn traditional marriage between man and woman... I don't even disagree with the fact that they're going after and promoting many of those things. I just haven't seen a single politician come out AGAINST marriage. source it for me and prove me wrong.

Show me any evidence any leftist politician or the leftist media has done anything to support traditional marriage.  By promoting everything but, they devalue it.  Once again, have they not taken away parental rights and turned them over to the state?  Have they not made it very easy for a divorce to occur?  Have they passed laws inviting themselves into the family's private affairs with threat of force for non-compliance?

They would never be stupid enough to attack traditional marriage in black and white.  They use many insidious methods to achieve that goal.

• Like 1

What's starting to happen is the wolf's are beginning to eat there own AOC called  Nancy Pelosi  a racist just today .

Karma is a bitch .

these Elites most of them white older men themselves,  think they  can puppet around all the minorities on a string and never have to worry about losing power . Eventually it will backfire on them .

32 minutes ago, Belo said:

promoting gay marriage does not condemn traditional marriage between man and woman... I don't even disagree with the fact that they're going after and promoting many of those things. I just haven't seen a single politician come out AGAINST marriage. source it for me and prove me wrong.

I think the point Belo is that people's belief regarding whether marriage must be between a man and women or can be same sex comes into conflict and the media usually paints those that believe the former in a poor light (despite that it was the popular view not so long ago).  Like the cake maker that declined to make a cake for a same sex marriage due to their religious beliefs that only a man and women should be married.  They were sued because they refused the make the cake for a ceremony that is contrary to their own religious beliefs.  Somewhat ironic that some claim a lack of tolerance but are not tolerant or understanding of a different belief system.   Those that adhere to biblical Christian values are definitely under fire these days - regardless of race.  

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Rattler said:

The fact is these women are playing to the emotions of the idiot electorate that has no idea how compensation works or how pay is determined.  They're looking for public support to use as an extortion tool to get more money.

If the money coming in was high enough, they could simply tell the bosses, "We don't get twice the pay, we don't play. End of discussion."  If the bosses felt they were going to lose enough money, they would double their pay.  If they won't give them a pay raise, the bosses obviously are willing to let them walk.

Like it or not, that's capitalism, that's free market, that's business.  Supporting the female players pushing this agenda, is supporting bigger government control of private enterprise.  If you're a supporter of the Constitution, rights and freedom, you should not be supporting any of this.

First all we're seeing is main stream gossip and what's published by media you denounce.  Who's to say if any games are being played to the extent that media is making it out to be? I mean they didn't strike that i've heard of so things could be worse than how they ended up in the context you put it.

second is mearly pondering. none of us know how hard they pushed or what came to light after the fact.  they aren't going to pay the women more than they can if asked. you and others are blowing smoke up your own a** if you think powers that be have no worries about letting a team walk to be replaced, when that team that just proved themselves the best in the world.  despite some of their character flaws.

last i can't even remotely agree with. i support constitutional rights and freedoms which is why i support them speaking their mind and asking/demanding for more money without being suppressed. despite i think the actions of some players lead me to think they don't entirely deserve it.  supporting bigger government would be using a current bias of democracy to pass law, or otherwise, forcing those that write the checks to pay them more.  i think if you can't accept their right to take action in asking for more money then you don't support a freedoms of the US framework but support biased freedoms you're simply okay with.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

supporting bigger government would be using a current bias of democracy to pass law, or otherwise, forcing those that write the checks to pay them more.  i think if you can't accept their right to take action in asking for more money then you don't support a freedoms of the US framework but support biased freedoms you're simply okay with.

By filing a lawsuit against their employer, they are no longer negotiating their pay.  They are asking BIG GOVERNMENT to force their employer to pay them more.  They are suing for more money and they have no case.  It's designed to make them look like victims, claim America is sexist, attack Trump for not supporting them and continue with their attacks on everything in America they can make look bad.  All part of the "fundamental change" leftists have been salivating over for a decade now.  For a women who claims we need more love in America, she is sure a hateful shrew.

• Like 2