12 wonderful Upstate NY towns with less than 1,000 people

Hunter007

7 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Cool post! I've been to Almond, Cassadaga, Inlet, Hancock and Wyoming for sure. Inlet has my favorite golf course

I've played that course a few times. It is very nice esp in the fall with the leaves changing. We used to go up there for a fish trip in Indian lake area at Kings flow ...which is pretty much God's bass fishing spot , it's amazing....then during middle of day we golfed in inlet.  The worst golf course I've ever been on is also up there in Indian lake a little 9 hole course.

• Like 1

My family is originally from the Munnsville area. Dunno bout it being much of a town. Lol . Not much of nothing there. A little ok trout fishing and a legion and a convenient store. Course what else do you need...

There is a lot of hot air balloon outfits there for some reason though. Leland's pond is in the next town over and have fished that all my life and that's a great spot. 

Ellicottville NY certainly qualifies as one of the less than 1000 during spring and summer, but during fall and winter, when the ski season gears up, it gets a little crowded....by the way, shouldn't the title be "villages" of less than 1000? sounds better.

Unless your Muslim then Hancock is your training ground.

I've been to Bovina, Downsville and Hancock.  Personally, I find there is really nothing wonderful about any of them.  Quiet and great for outdoor activities, but not much going on in any of these towns.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1