Any m-1 Carbine lovers here ?

Hunter007

1 minute ago, Hawk914 said:

Like I side I'm biased lol  because I have more the one rifle in 30-06 already  and shit load of ammo already  and the stuff can be found every place and  in a lot more weights . Then 308 in the stores. 

Unless you hand load you are not going to find the selection in 308 at your local gun store like with  30-06 .

Here a article that does a for better job  at talking about it then I can.  

https://www.outdoorlife.com/30-06-springfield-best-cartridge-big-game-hunting/

I agree  that in a bolt action rifle, the 30-06 is more versatile than a .308....

However, we were discussing the M1 Garand, which I maintain that due to certain design features is NOT  superior to  ANY .308 rifle, regardless of the action type....As much as I love the M1, it is what it is....

15 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

So how much do you really know about the M1  ???

Whatever they can google to make it look like they know anything ?:rofl:

Errr.....what do you mean the bullets are the same.......one is a 30-06 and the other 308. how could they possibly shoot the same caliber?:drinks:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

I agree  that in a bolt action rifle, the 30-06 is more versatile than a .308....

However, we were discussing the M1 Garand, which I maintain that due to certain design features is NOT  superior to  ANY .308 rifle, regardless of the action type....As much as I love the M1, it is what it is....

Ok got you now,  I agree m14 better gun 

Edited by Hawk914

8 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Whatever they can google to make it look like they know anything ?:rofl:

Errr.....what do you mean the bullets are the same.......one is a 30-06 and the other 308. how could they possibly shoot the same caliber?:drinks:

I can find more  variety of weights up to  200, 220 grain ammo  in any gun store  for 30-06  Not so for 308 .   At least that is  what I noticed. .

Edited by Hawk914

This started as a discussion about the M1 carbine, evolved into a discussion about the M1 Garand which Stormy obviously knows nothing about, and ended up as a discussion about the .308 vs the 30-06....

I think I will go out in the garden and eat worms..Better than this discussion..I should have known better..<<sigh>>...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pygmy said:

This started as a discussion about the M1 carbine, evolved into a discussion about the M1 Garand which Stormy obviously knows nothing about, and ended up as a discussion about the .308 vs the 30-06....

I think I will go out in the garden and eat worms..Better than this discussion..I should have known better..<<sigh>>...

Don't leave now.

Whats an operating rod?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

Well naturally you know everything  my mistake. 

Not sure I said I did  ?

Did I?

I most of missed that post ?

Edited by Hawk914

Like I said  I'm biased lol  because I have more the one rifle in 30-06 already  and shit load of ammo already  and the stuff can be found every place and  in a lot more weights . Then 308 in the stores. 
Unless you hand load you are not going to find the selection in 308 at your local gun store like with  30-06 .
Here is  a article that does a far  better job  at talking about it then I can.  

https://www.outdoorlife.com/30-06-springfield-best-cartridge-big-game-hunting/

I have a great idea buy a M1 put modern 30-06 through it and see what happens to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thejerkman said:

I have a great idea buy a M1 put modern 30-06 through it and see what happens to you

I think you can buy something to put on the M1 that will help regulate the gas and allow you to use modern ammo 

I think you can buy something to put on the M1 that will help regulate the gas and allow you to use modern ammo 

You can yes, I just prefer to buy m2ball online I also have bought m2Ap, api, tracers and spotter rounds all are a ton of fun to shoot

• Like 1

So I’m just throwing this out there I may be putting a Garand up for sale either a HRA Korean War garand or possibly a Springfield would any of you guys have any interest I’d probably be asking around 1250

Would depend on the condition of the rifle.  Put it in the classified section when you decide to sell one of them.

Will do condition would be considered good, all parts working and functional. Muzzle wear around 3. Dome dings on the wood but no major cracks. Fully functional

• Like 1

So I just pulled the trigger on a new to me Garand. It is a Winchester 13. That means it comes from a period late in the war where Winchester made a mistake and used serial numbers that were designated to Springfield creating duplicates. It shipped out today and I got it at a great price. The guy had no clue what he had. Almost felt bad buying it at the price I did but he should have done the research before putting it up for sale

• Like 2