Fort Plain, NY

diplomat019

I rented a place in fort plain for a couple weeks at the end of July with my two boys (8 and 4).  Just looking to relax and have fun. The air bnb host already filled me in on some things.  Any of you guys got any spots to hit?   Was thinking of maybe some local swimming holes?   Stuff for the kids?  

Edited by diplomat019

Dirt track racing at Fonda Speedway on Saturday night. They have a kids club to sign up when you go in for free prizes. Probably want ear protection for the youngsters, but it usually is pretty exciting for kids and family. When the nascar trucks are off, Stewart Friesen runs a modified there. 

• Like 2

There is a big swimming hole and picknick area at wintergreen falls,outside of canajoharie. Also the erie canal bike trail,no traffic,that would be good for the kids. Herkimer diamond mines might be fun too,you break rocks looking for diamonds. I have never been,but then i break rocks for living. No,not in jail,i am a mason.

Edited by BowmanMike
  • Like 1

Not too far from Cooperstown. Besides the baseball hall of fame, there are all kinds of family things to do there. Good for a full day of family fun! The farmers museum with the period 1800's dress, and old working equipment, and hand tools, is pretty cool for kids and adults as well.

I live about 45 minutes away from Fort Plain. If ya run out of things to do, shoot me a PM, and I'll take you fishing on the Mohawk.

• Like 2

Thanks fellas.  Gonna look into all of that. 

Bowman- if i go to wintergreen falls is the swimming hole a can't miss or do I need to do some hiking etc?

gramps- already planning on a Cooperstown visit    Ill keep the fishing in mind   Thanks for the kind gesture