Wyoming Preference Points

BizCT

• 3 months later...

Two years ago a group of us applied for an antelope hunt with plenty of preference points. According to the WGandF commission we had a 99.4% chance of drawing. I had my name down as the group leader and I still haven’t lived it down..... we didn’t draw. Two of us went out and got over the counter lope tags and paid for access to private land but no luck. Saw plenty of antelope but always on the wrong side of the fence or across interstate 90 in another unit. Spent the last day blasting gophers. Took out a lot of frustration on those little pop up targets.

i now have lots of points for antelope, deer and elk. Probably going next year.

• Like 2

I drew a goat tag last year with 0 points and a muley tag this year with just 1point. Harvested a nice buck both years. I'll have 2 elk, 1 goat and 0 muley points going into next year. Hoping to pull another rabbit out of the hat.

Goat??? Did you get one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 1 year later...
Point buying time.    Bkhunter and Bizct get on it, I need ur points next year. 

I have calendar reminder set to buy Tuesday. I think that’ll give me 8 elk, 7 deer, 7 lope.

@Marion might be forget

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

Just purchased my 8th for Elk, 7th for Deer and 7th for Antelope. I know I'm in no man's land, but don't want to lose the points. I guess soon I'll need to join with someone who has zero points and go on a hunt.

11 hours ago, eaglemountainman said:

I'm hunting Oregon this year and staying out of Wyoming for awhile. Hopefully,things will turn around in a few years and the antelope and deer herds will recover. They've taken a beatin' the last 3-4 years.

Did u find an outfitter?