Wyoming Preference Points

BizCT

7 hours ago, Trial153 said:

Flying in to bow hunt Caribou near the yukon boarder with my buddy.

Cool....Super cub drop  ?....I love those little airplanes...Amazing how small an area they need to land and take off...

I have about 5 for elk and antelope and mule deer. Was thinking of either doing a combo antelope/Mule Deer hunt or solely Elk. This would probably be in 2021 or 2022. This year is out for me as i have a kid on the way in September.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, BKhunter said:

I have about 5 for elk and antelope and mule deer. Was thinking of either doing a combo antelope/Mule Deer hunt or solely Elk. This would probably be in 2021 or 2022. This year is out for me as i have a kid on the way in September.

Nice. I did the mule/lope combo in 2012 and 2014. I loved it. My daughter was born in January so I'm not going to WY this fall either.

Nearly all of my hunts in Alaska and the lower 48 have been DIY...In most parts of Canada, non-residents are required by law to  hire the services of a guide and/or outfitter to hunt most big game species..

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 1

Nearly all of my hunts in Alaska and the lower 48 have been DIY...In most parts of Canada, non-residents are required by law to  hire the services of a guide and/or outfitter to hunt most big game species..

Yup and Certain parts of other states as well. I believe the wildnerness areas of Wyoming for elk, for example. Certain places/species in Alaska as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

for sure. just don't know what year or what species yet

Everyone should hunt bull elk during the rut at least once.....

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

for sure. just don't know what year or what species yet

• Like 3

Do you guys go DYI or do you use an outfitter?

I’ve done them all. And some hybrids. Where you pay to stay with someone for lodging and food, but hunt Stateland. Also where you pay a fee for land access to a property owner and hunt on your own- essentially a 4-5 day Lease.

When it is fully guided, I prefer a 1 on 1 small/family type operation than the ones where 20 guys are in camp together.

9 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yup and Certain parts of other states as well. I believe the wildnerness areas of Wyoming for elk, for example. Certain places/species in Alaska as well.

In Alaska, nonresidents  need a guide to hunt, grizzly, sheep, and I think goats....An exception is  if you are hunting with an Alaska resident who is first degree of kinship, such as your sibling , your child or your parent..

Edited by Pygmy

10 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

In Alaska, nonresidents  need a guide to hunt, grizzly, sheep, and I think goats....An exception is  if you are hunting with an Alaska resident who is first degree of kinship, such as your sibling , your child or your parent..

Yea, those blacktail hunts always looked interesting to me. You can stay on a boat and fish in between hunting or in a cabin. I think you get 2 or 3 buck tags. Seems like the most reasonable way these to hunt Alaska since you dont need a guide for them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea, those blacktail hunts always looked interesting to me. You can stay on a boat and fish in between hunting or in a cabin. I think you get 2 or 3 buck tags. Seems like the most reasonable way these to hunt Alaska since you dont need a guide for them.

That hunt was going to be my next AK hunt, when my divorce came along and screwed that up.....Hehehe..

The bucks have relatively small racks, but their beautiful capes more than make up for it...Definitely the prettiest deer species.. I have also heard that  the meat is the very best venison of all the deer species...  I'd love to do a boat hunt for them,  but it's no longer an option at this stage of my life..

That would be a perfect hunt for you, Biz, with your passion for taxidermy...You could come home with a beautiful Sitka Blacktail, ( how many of your neighbors have one of THOSE mounted)  plus 3 or 4 different species  of beautiful, exotic North Pacific duck species ….In fact, if you pay my way, I'll come along to cook, cape and butcher your deer  and sing to you in the evenings...I might even shoot a duck or two myself  !!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

That hunt was going to be my next AK hunt, when my divorce came along and screwed that up.....Hehehe..

The bucks have relatively small racks, but their beautiful capes more than make up for it...Definitely the prettiest deer species.. I have also heard that  the meat is the very best venison of all the deer species...  I'd love to do a boat hunt for them,  but it's no longer an option at this stage of my life..

That would be a perfect hunt for you, Biz, with your passion for taxidermy...You could come home with a beautiful Sitka Blacktail, ( how many of your neighbors have one of THOSE mounted)  plus 3 or 4 different species  of beautiful, exotic North Pacific duck species ….In fact, if you pay my way, I'll come along to cook, cape and butcher your deer  and sing to you in the evenings...I might even shoot a duck or two myself  !!

It would be cool to get another deer species. I missed a small coues in 2012 but would have been cool to say i shot a grey ghost

I already have 4

I'm Surgical

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

It would be cool to get another deer species. I missed a small coues in 2012 but would have been cool to say i shot a grey ghost

Okay, it's a go then....I'll get it set up and tell you where to send the check...This is going to be FUN...We can do some real male bonding...

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Dr. Jerkman said:

Blacktails that's why Biz has been so jealous of me lately.

I'm Surgical

Hmmmm..I KNEW there had to a good reason why Biz was jealous of you...Ive seen a picture of his drop dead beautiful wife, so I knew THAT wasn't it.....

I finally decided that it was that handsome picture of yourself that you display in your avatar...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Who is buying PP's today? I just logged in to buy my 7th elk, 6th deer, and 6th antelope but it's not available yet. Must be running on Mountain time? I'll try again in a few hours.

Website all good now. Just bought my PP's