Biz Truck

BizCT

Keep us posted on how you like it after driving it for a few months..   I am also interested to see what kind of gas mileage you get

It says 20-26, which is exactly what I was getting with bmw 6cyl on premium gas. So I’m already head of the game now with 4 cylinder and regular gas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It says 20-26, which is exactly what I was getting with bmw 6cyl on premium gas. So I’m already head of the game now with 4 cylinder and regular gas

I’m gonna guess the new rangers are like the F150 ecos and won’t start getting better mpg until you get a few thousand miles on it. They are programmed to run a little rich for the first couple thousand for break in. I saw a significant mpg increase after 5000 miles.

Awesome new ride though! Keep this thread updated. The ranger is in the lineup when I’m ready for a new ride.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Not really compared to the corvette and mustang I had years ago. This is like driving molasses even with the 270HP turbocharged engine. But wife is happy I got something bigger so I don’t have to use the CRV she drives for fishing/hunting anymore. She hates spiders! And is convinced hunting/fishing stuff brings them into her car

JK, nice truck, you'll find as time goes on that sliding out of a truck is a lot easier than climbing up out of a car. I don't think I could go through life without a pick up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BeIo said:

Ya , 44 years of bringing  deer home in cars and mini vans before I bought a truck ( mostly to tow with )  lifting deer into the bed  is harder .  I don’t see much of any advantage, of a p/u for hunting .

its mostly some perceived image thing .

enjoy your truck .

I agree i drive  a car back and forth for work great gas mileage  all year even winter, the guys down the roads all live in city and have monster pick ups, they ask how I can drive through all the snow in a car. As they have trouble getting up our road in trucks.. I tell them they need to learn how to drive if they cant make it up road with 4x4s.. 

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

hate to bust your balls, but I was average almost 24 in my v8 full size silverado. I appreciate not needing a full size, but the gas savings were just never substantial enough for me to lose out on the extra towing and storage. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BeIo said:

Ya , 44 years of bringing  deer home in cars and mini vans before I bought a truck ( mostly to tow with )  lifting deer into the bed  is harder .  I don’t see much of any advantage, of a p/u for hunting .

its mostly some perceived image thing .

enjoy your truck .

idk about that. it's nice if you're also towing a climber, or stand setup equipment like pole saws. I think honestly the biggest benefit is just throwing the bloody thing in there and then hosing it out (or in my case driving through a car wash with my tonneau cover open). Not having to worry about a mess or ticks inside your ride shouldn't be understated. And yeah you can get a trailer hitch too, but there are cons to those as well.

11 minutes ago, Belo said:

idk about that. it's nice if you're also towing a climber, or stand setup equipment like pole saws. I think honestly the biggest benefit is just throwing the bloody thing in there and then hosing it out (or in my case driving through a car wash with my tonneau cover open). Not having to worry about a mess or ticks inside your ride shouldn't be understated. And yeah you can get a trailer hitch too, but there are cons to those as well.

Not thread related, but it's interesting how we now have a Belo replying to another Belo.  Didn't know two people could use the same name at the same time here.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Belo said:

hate to bust your balls, but I was average almost 24 in my v8 full size silverado. I appreciate not needing a full size, but the gas savings were just never substantial enough for me to lose out on the extra towing and storage. 

What the heck am I doing wrong.  I never average over 15mpg in any vehicle I have owned. 

1 minute ago, steve863 said:

Not thread related, but it's interesting how we now have a Belo replying to another Belo.  Didn't know two people could use the same name at the same time here.

And they live 5 min from each other.  But only one is a self proclaimed Dick from Dicksville.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Congratz on the truck Biz!!  I mean it's not a Chevy Colorado ZR2 but you can work your way up!!

Seriously though look into a Bakflip cover and LineX spray in liner if it did not come with any. Two first things I do with any truck.

image.png.18b273015109a732ccfb168b4600cab1.png

7500lb towing and I don’t play on towing anything. An ATV occasionally 10 miles. So I wanted something that fits in my garage. I wouldn’t want to leave a car out in driveway, its an eyesore

• Like 1

Congratz on the truck Biz!!  I mean it's not a Chevy Colorado ZR2 but you can work your way up!!

Seriously though look into a Bakflip cover and LineX spray in liner if it did not come with any. Two first things I do with any truck.

image.png.18b273015109a732ccfb168b4600cab1.png

Check out the pics. I added spray in liner and a black cover with aluminum under it.

1 hour ago, Belo said:

There's no way you averaged 24 in a Silverado, you're the only person in history if you really did.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

There's no way you averaged 24 in a Silverado, you're the only person in history if you really did.

I have heard several claim that number in a Silverado with the V8 that shuts down 4 cylinders at a time when not needed. I have never verified their claim or if they drive like a grandmother but I have heard it several times before. 

4 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I have heard several claim that number in a Silverado with the V8 that shuts down 4 cylinders at a time when not needed. I have never verified their claim or if they drive like a grandmother but I have heard it several times before. 

They do....at least mine does...….I still don't get 24 MPG....I also don't drive like a grandmother. 

32 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

So I happened to check my wife’s 18 Tahoe at lunch since I borrowed it.  She is getting a surprising 21.   

57 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

It was mostly highway, best 50 mile stretch i got was 25.6 mpg. Normal commute to work, you're right there's no way. But that's still with a loaded bed, the wife, 3 kids and a dog.

52 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Maybe he runs it on corn fuel (Tito's vodka)?

liberal tree hugger tears in fact

32 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

the newest silverado replaced AFM (8 to 4) with DFM, which can actually run on as little as 1 cylinder. 

https://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2018/may/0518--silverado-dfm.html

• Like 1