Biz Truck

BizCT

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

7500lb towing and I don’t play on towing anything. An ATV occasionally 10 miles. So I wanted something that fits in my garage. I wouldn’t want to leave a car out in driveway, its an eyesore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this i totally get. there's only a few times where i need the full size and i'm thankful for it, but i do generally like the ease of driving the smaller trucks. This big ass thing has cameras and sensor and all that shit but it's still a bear in a crowded lot. Where you live I would go ranger or colorado too.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

pulled the trigger on the Ford Ranger last week. Picked it up today

Nice lookin truck. Similar to the newer Colorado's that I have been looking at. Looked at the ford in a dealer lot but didn't get much farther. Hard to convince myself to pay more for a truck than I did my first house but I guess it is a sign of the times.

I am sure you will be happy with your purchase and it is nice to have a truck. Did you know most new fords today shut themselves off and restart themselves at a stop light? My daughters Ford Edge does the same thing. I heard a F-150 do it last week. Another sign of the times:good:

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Check out the pics. I added spray in liner and a black cover with aluminum under it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice!! For some reason I just saw the one side shot of the truck when I first looked.

Love spray in liners, no idea why some still use the drop ins.

Looks like a sweet ride. I love I can start my truck from my phone before I leave the tree stand to warm up for me lol!!

Just now, Fletch said:

Nice!! For some reason I just saw the one side shot of the truck when I first looked.

Looks like a sweet ride. I love I can start my truck from my phone before I leave the tree stand to warm up for me lol!!

How does it warm the truck up if the heater is turned off?

39 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Nice lookin truck. Similar to the newer Colorado's that I have been looking at. Looked at the ford in a dealer lot but didn't get much farther. Hard to convince myself to pay more for a truck than I did my first house but I guess it is a sign of the times.

I am sure you will be happy with your purchase and it is nice to have a truck. Did you know most new fords today shut themselves off and restart themselves at a stop light? My daughters Ford Edge does the same thing. I heard a F-150 do it last week. Another sign of the times:good:

It does, but so far i have turned that feature off.

6 minutes ago, Fletch said:

How would the truck know to put heat or a/c on? I always turn off any climate control and/or radio before i turn car off. So how does a vehicle know if it should turn on heat or a/c?

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

5 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

How does it warm the truck up if the heater is turned off?

If you have it set on when you shut the truck off it automatically starts when it remotes on.

Same as if I left the radio on or wipers....Just cause I shut off the truck all the settings do not zero out.....

Edited by Fletch
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea, maybe i'll change my mind but for now i didn't care for it.

I suppose if there is no delay it would be OK.  I have given up on trying to have good mileage anyways.  I assume I am ruining my wife's average in a single day borrowing her suv.

• Like 1

Just now, Fletch said:

If you have it set on when you shut the truck off it automatically starts when it remotes on.

you must be pouring sweat if you are blasting heat your whole ride to the land, no?

Just now, Biz-R-OWorld said:

you must be pouring sweat if you are blasting heat your whole ride to the land, no?

It's not hard to get there turn the heat up right before you shut the truck off, it must be my operations background. I plan shit out in advance!!

Just now, Fletch said:

It's not hard to get there turn the heat up right before you shut the truck off, it must be my operations background. I plan shit out in advance!!

Gotcha. I'm the opposite. I start turning things off and tucking mirrors before I even park. I'm used to getting out asap and walking to a train. I don't like any wasted time sitting in a parked car.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Sounds better than a remote start if it works from a long distance.  My remote only works from 50yds away or so.

Just now, moog5050 said:

Sounds better than a remote start if it works from a long distance.  My remote only works from 50yds away or so.

I can start my truck from another state, or unlock it or lock it. It is through my cell not a remote. Lock keys in truck no worries unless my phone is in there too!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I can start my truck from another state, or unlock it or lock it. It is through my cell not a remote. Lock keys in truck no worries unless my phone is in there too!

Now you have me wondering if my wife's Tahoe does that.  We aren't real good about using all the tech.  lol

1 hour ago, Steve D said:

so do the new silverados and most other makes and models. there's a button to disable it, but you need to disable it every start. You can buy a device for $80 to permanently disable it. Honestly, it's annoying at first but you get used to it.

38 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I am a bit jealous of that feature.

so this feature used to be free. then gm realized they're losing so much money on onstar that in 2018 and going forward you need to f'n pay for it. So dumb. I loved not remembering if I locked my truck and just doing it on my phone...

• Like 1