Biz Truck

BizCT

Yea, the ranger has the app to start from anywhere. I just check my app and see tire pressure, and location (the truck is still in the same spot i parked). You can also make one of the keys set with a governor on speed and volume for radio if your kid is driving it. I tested lane assist by trying to cross a double yellow and it put me back in place.

• Like 1

OK, so now I know why I've been hearing a lot of new vehicles starting up when the light turns green.  I was thinking their engines had stalled and they had to restart them.  This stuff is getting crazy.  Don't quite understand what sense a feature like that makes, but whatever.   We already have some vehicles driving themselves.  I think I'll get a truck when that becomes a standard feature.  I'll just install a shaggy carpet like Moog has in the bed and go sleep on it and wake up when the truck reaches my destination.  Hopefully it can have some coffee and donuts waiting for me, too.  LOL

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

If you have it set on when you shut the truck off it automatically starts when it remotes on.

Same as if I left the radio on or wipers....Just cause I shut off the truck all the settings do not zero out.....

I wanted to explain ahead of time , there is a certain member here who i won't say his or her name (rhymes with liz) who shuts everything off before turning the ignition off and exiting the vehicle. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I wanted to explain ahead of time , there is a certain member here who i won't say his or her name (rhymes with liz) who shuts everything off before turning the ignition off and exiting the vehicle. 

I'm no mechanic, but there has to be a difference between :

1. starting a car with nothing else on

2. starting a car with heated seats on, heat on, radio on, etc.

8 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

My heated seats do auto shut off when the truck does and do not start remotely.

50 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

That is hilarious.  Does Liz know that the stuff stops working when the power is off?

Edited by moog5050
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

That is hilarious.  Does Liz know that the stuff stops working when the power is off?

I told the person in question this and the unnamed person says they will not change after 20+ years of operating a motor vehicle this way.

• Like 1

I’m pretty sure these trucks today are a lot like thermoses. They just know whether you want to keep coffee hot or beer cold.

I had a mentor teacher who retired 10 years ago who was relatively afraid of computers and technology. She used to turn her lights down when the computer wasn’t working correctly to get more power to the computer...her name you ask.....LIZ!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

But when it comes back on. It has to turn everything on instead of just the engine.

Like turning off a light by pulling plug instead of light switch

• Haha 2

Im hoping the price in the ranger and colorado for used ones arent to bad in 2 or 3 yrs when i start shopping again my truck will be 14 yrs old by then.  Like the idea of a smaller truck since i dont haul anything but what goes in the bed.  You really have a nice looking ride there.

• Like 1

This person that rhymes with Liz sounds like a kook. Must live downstate and work in “The City”

At least I have a tape measure!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Im guilty too.the radio is on but usually everything else off.my grandfather drilled it into my head to shut everything off before shutting vehicle off.its now a habit..:drinks:

Im guilty too.the radio is on but usually everything else off.my grandfather drilled it into my head to shut everything off before shutting vehicle off.its now a habit..:drinks:

When i hop in my wife’s car I take care
Not to start it as I’m motoring the seat back for the same reasons. Seems like a huge draw on the battery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

All the manufacturers are going to the auto start stop, it’s for emissions and a way for them to get the milage up. We received 2 - 2019 Malibu’s at work and they have it. The auto start stop is a huge reason I bought my 2014  f150, no auto start stop. 

7 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

When i hop in my wife’s car I take care
Not to start it as I’m motoring the seat back for the same reasons. Seems like a huge draw on the battery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If im driving my gf's car with her in it and shut it off before turning everything off she blows a gasket.

44 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

But when it comes back on. It has to turn everything on instead of just the engine.

Like turning off a light by pulling plug instead of light switch

Liz pulls plugs too?   Kinda defeats purpose of a switch.  Like an ignition switch.  Lol