Biz Truck

BizCT

Hmmm. I wonder what can be done with the other one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saved it in center console for a long trip if the short one gives me reception issues. In my driveway, i noticed no difference between the two

• Like 2

Just enough for a 2” lift if you eliminate that antenna 

Actually shark fin directly in front and 2” antenna behind are same size. I think I could have gotten away with the 4” antenna but oh well.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Actually shark fin directly in front and 2” antenna behind are same size. I think I could have gotten away with the 4” antenna but oh well.

how much do you really listen to the radio anyhow? For me it's always satellite or streaming from my phone.

how much do you really listen to the radio anyhow? For me it's always satellite or streaming from my phone.

I typically only listen to FM radio on my drive to/from the train. But right now it’s free XM for 6 months.

Bizzy......IIRC a few pages back you were talking about a ramp to slide your deer up into your new rig.  This is a picture from a few years ago of a Pennsylvania buck I killed getting yerked up the slide.  I have a small pulley system in the back of my truck and it stays in there, ready to roll. 

Unfortunately this "slide" wasn't much help as the deer kept going off each side as they were pulled up.  My solution was to scrap that one and use a 2"x12"x71" (so as to give me an inch or so wiggle room with shutting the tailgate)  with 1"x4" boards screwed to the side of it to keep the deer from sliding off and giving me a much more rigid setup.  I don't have a picture of that ramp handy as I keep it at my buddies place.  All told, it's a decent set up for those bigger deer that when freshly killed are not the easiest thing to toss in the bed of the truck anymore.

Here is the old set up.......

3EfooZ0.jpg

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 5

Bizzy......IIRC a few pages back you were talking about a ramp to slide your deer up into your new rig.  This is a picture from a few years ago of a Pennsylvania buck I killed getting yerked up the slide.  I have a small pulley system in the back of my truck and it stays in there, ready to roll. 
Unfortunately this "slide" wasn't much help as the deer kept going off each side as they were pulled up.  My solution was to scrap that one and use a 2"x12"x71" (so as to give me an inch or so wiggle room with shutting the tailgate)  with 1"x4" boards screwed to the side of it to keep the deer from sliding off and giving me a much more rigid setup.  I don't have a picture of that ramp handy as I keep it at my buddies place.  All told, it's a decent set up for those bigger deer that when freshly killed are not the easiest thing to toss in the bed of the truck anymore.
Here is the old set up.......
3EfooZ0.jpg&key=3e02e727378c80394ffe990e405469e38792e127624d16bd7eeb55bacaecd630

Thanks. I’m all set with this tri-Fold. It fits in bed on angle and tailgate closes. Under 25lbs. So it’s easy to leave in garage and only throw in bed when needed.

c22b4d87b90a67342bc1196cb1dd371c.jpg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Thanks. I’m all set with this tri-Fold. It fits in bed on angle and tailgate closes. Under 25lbs. So it’s easy to leave in garage and only throw in bed when needed.

c22b4d87b90a67342bc1196cb1dd371c.jpg

Just shoot the buttons - you can grab them with one hand and wing them in the truck.  Heck, you may be able to just put a leash on them and take em home live.  No special ramp needed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just shoot the buttons - you can grab them with one hand and wing them in the truck.  Heck, you may be able to just put a leash on them and take em home live.  No special ramp needed.

No anterless deer for me

That ramp will take up 1/3 of the bed.  No room for coolers, deer, climbing treestand, duffle etc. 

No it doesn’t. And I hunt 15 minutes away, nothing else goes in there lol

4 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

No it doesn’t. And I hunt 15 minutes away, nothing else goes in there lol

You're the "Traveling Sportsman" come opening weekend when you head west......She's gonna be packed to the gills with beer & Bagels, no?

:)

10 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

You're the "Traveling Sportsman" come opening weekend when you head west......She's gonna be packed to the gills with beer & Bagels, no?

:)

Beer & Bagels are deserving of the back seat.

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

You might want to reconsider.  Ask Wolc.

LOL. If I calculate the gas mileage to the grocery store and subtract all my time/$ in the woods, that ribeye or porterhouse comes out $0.13/lb.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Just an update. Gas Mileage continues to improve. Haven't taken any highway trips, but now at 950 miles since inception and 21.1MPG since inception.

Did you attend the Nomad (now @BeIo) school of driving?  Little old ladies on their way to church give him the finger.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

Did you attend the Nomad (now @BeIo) school of driving?  Little old ladies on their way to church give him the finger.

Who ?

Im generally 15 over on the expressways , ask the Mrs, thanks to the flat screen display she  can now see the speed....  oh and if someone flips me off I always smile and think, mission accomplished !

As far as getting deer onto your Truck, many cut a sheet of plywood like Lawdwaz but cut two hand holds at the lower end, slide deer partway up from the ground, then simply lift the board up and slide it in . 

Its way to early and hot  to be talking deer hunting anyways .

Edited by Nomad

• 4 weeks later...

Update - Just crossed the 1,500 mile mark. Gas mileage is 21.4 since inception, which is mostly around town. Still haven't taken a long highway trip to see what it can really get. Overall, the truck has been a delight.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...