Biz Truck

BizCT

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

The 2” antenna solved the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are ya sure...? Lol.

i was going to suggest a nice leveling kit for the truck before this post haha.

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 2

But besides making it fit  lowering the truck a little would make it handle better on the highway  if it is  done right .

I’m fine stock. Haven’t been into hooking up cars in years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I’m fine stock. Haven’t been into hooking up cars in years.

What no    3000  watt  window breaking speaker system ?

Got to have that if you plan on bringing the truck to spring break in Florida next year  you ever see those guys down there on the beach  

:)

• Like 1

What no    3000  watt  window breaking speaker system ?
Got to have that if you plan on bringing the truck to spring break in Florida next year  you ever see those guys down there on the beach  

Many years ago I had subwoofer in mustang. It took up my entire trunk. I’m shocked I still have my hearing.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2019 at 10:02 AM, Jeremy K said:

Many cars are using direct injection now ,I have a feeling but not positive the computer introduces fuel to correct cylinder and ignites at the same time the car is starting ,it reduces the load on a starter motor significantly.

This is true but GDI engines  also have a higher compression ratios..

33 minutes ago, Arcade Hunter said:

This is true but GDI engines  also have a higher compression ratios..

10:1 on the 2.3 ecoboost ,not sure what kind of boost numbers are stock ,I would guess high teens? My 2.0 eco boost has 9:1 and makes 20 pounds of boost stock. Very impressive numbers for such small displacement engines . Biz's truck is rated at 270 hp, 310 torque on 87 octane . 

• Like 2

On 7/12/2019 at 8:07 PM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

752c7b00055468431fe1c90b17b9a7b4.jpg

Alright here’s an update. I’ve personally drove it 86 miles. All local side roads, lights, traffic, etc. 19.9MPG. So I’m thinking ill get closer to 25 when I do extended highway.

That’s the good news. Here’s the bad/annoying news, the antenna on roof is an even 8”! Which means it will hit metal bar on garage door. When I take it off, the truck fits easily in garage as expected. I know “stubby” makes shorter antennas, so maybe I buy one of those for $25??

ceb8fdc690603e687b6f598403d37cbf.jpg

1a80ba8b2d6d897626f2ee40b4ad4221.jpg

1f3823a44ed4bb96f2f67ec8c1387985.jpg

i got one of these for my g8 for appearance reasons. Not as needed on the truck, but could solve your issue. I'm sure they make them 

https://shop.visualgarage.com/products/pontiac-g8-shark-fin-antenna

3 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

10:1 on the 2.3 ecoboost ,not sure what kind of boost numbers are stock ,I would guess high teens? My 2.0 eco boost has 9:1 and makes 20 pounds of boost stock. Very impressive numbers for such small displacement engines . Biz's truck is rated at 270 hp, 310 torque on 87 octane . 

Definitely impressive numbers! 

Here's the downside with GDI, and I am in it right now... My 2014 Silverado 5.3 (120 k miles) can no longer regulate fuel trims at an idle, so If I am stuck in stop and go traffic for 20 or 30 minutes, it throws a PO172 and PO175, bank 1 and 2 rich... because the intake valves and ports are all crudded up with carbon... no fixing this without pulling the intake and mechanically cleaning..  This will be the new norm in maintenance until they add port injection to keep the valves clean. I think Toyota has started doing this... 

29 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

How many miles on yours? Im at 46k on my 17

What physics?
Lowering the center of gravity doesn't make a vehicle handle better?  

But what benefit are you gonna see from lowering when your constantly pounding through the massive potholes? You’ll need a chiropractor and a dentist after riding around my area in a slammed truck.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

But what benefit are you gonna see from lowering when your constantly pounding through the massive potholes? You’ll need a chiropractor and a dentist after riding around my area in a slammed truck.

Not as  bad as  if you drive a car over them  right ?  

Depends how much time you spend off road or on bad roads I guess . 

Not as  bad as  if you drive a car over them  right ?  
Depends how much time you spend off road or on bad roads I guess . 

Depends on how much coin you wanna spend on a lowering kit. Your average joe kit isn’t going to ride smooth. A lot of the kits are taking away suspension travel so you won’t get the extra travel to soften the blows. Take a Ram for example...using springs in all 4 corners, the easiest way to lower would be using shorter springs. Those springs still need to support the same weight but are now a lot shorter. So you end up with a spring rate that’s wayyyy stiffer than stock to keep your capacity up while giving the lowered look. There’s pros and cons to it but I don’t see how lowering would be a good thing in this state with how crappy our roads are and the weather(snow) we get.
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Depends on how much coin you wanna spend on a lowering kit. Your average joe kit isn’t going to ride smooth. A lot of the kits are taking away suspension travel so you won’t get the extra travel to soften the blows. Take a Ram for example...using springs in all 4 corners, the easiest way to lower would be using shorter springs. Those springs still need to support the same weight but are now a lot shorter. So you end up with a spring rate that’s wayyyy stiffer than stock to keep your capacity up while giving the lowered look. There’s pros and cons to it but I don’t see how lowering would be a good thing in this state with how crappy our roads are and the weather(snow) we get.

My Silverado SS was lowered from the factory (I think a few inches).  I saw no real benefit.  Still handled like a truck.  But with a blower and NOS, it was fast.  lol

• Like 2

My Silverado SS was lowered from the factory (I think a few inches).  I saw no real benefit.  Still handled like a truck.  But with a blower and NOS, it was fast.  lol

Lol nice. I’m not a big Chevy fan so I can’t remember how they went about lowering the SS’s but i would imagine they obviously would of designed it so that you still retained a decent amount of suspension travel. I’m sure they didn’t go cheap and chop it is what I’m tryin to say here lol.

But ya no matter what you do it’s still gonna handle like a truck for the most part. Physics kinda trumps everyone’s hopes and dreams in this department lol.