Geneva area GTG

philoshop

I was reminded by 2012 Taco that I mentioned something about a GTG at Vonnie's Boathouse Bar and Grill this month. The date is set for Monday 7/15 at about noon if anyone can make it. Given the fact that it's very short notice and in the middle of a workday, I don't expect a huge turnout, but I just wanted to let people know.

Vonnie's is located at 4446 West Lake Rd (aka Rte 14) just a couple of miles south of Geneva. Almost directly across the road from Roy's Marina. Hope to see some folks show up.

It's a little out there for a lot of people, I know. It's when Taco and I are both available. Some of the retired folks might show up. I'd be happy to do something more ordinary later this summer if anyone is interested. This one is constricted as far as time. Sorry.

Most restaurants are closed on Mondays.
Many restaurants don’t open for lunch.

Noon on Monday? Is this a retirement home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot Damn! Noon Monday! - Jeremy K was still wrecked on the Monday at noon after your visit!!!
Just bustin’ stones! Take lots of pics if you can still get your film developed!

20c58d3a2e0ec3e699212f0bc7377fe3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Most restaurants are closed on Mondays.
Many restaurants don’t open for lunch.

Noon on Monday? Is this a retirement home?

The place caters mostly to fishermen and golfers. It's a good crowd, including doctors and lawyers who often don't open their shops on Mondays anyway. I'll be there and 2012 Taco and his wife will be there. Anyone else who's available is welcome.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, crappyice said:

Hot Damn! Noon Monday! - Jeremy K was still wrecked on the Monday at noon after your visit!!!
Just bustin’ stones! Take lots of pics if you can still get your film developed!

20c58d3a2e0ec3e699212f0bc7377fe3.jpg

Not quite til Monday but WELL In to the next day . I woke up still drunk ,probably 3-4 hours before my hangover started.. I haven't done it that big in a long time ,it felt good to know I still got it. I'll check again in 10 years.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Not quite til Monday but WELL In to the next day . I woke up still drunk ,probably 3-4 hours before my hangover started.. I haven't done it that big in a long time ,it felt good to know I still got it. I'll check again in 10 years.

Imagine 4 hours in the sun golfing that next day.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Imagine 4 hours in the sun golfing that next day.

Imagine 10 hours on a roof the next day. :sorry: That wasn't fun, but we were young and stupid then.  The rule was that if you puked on the siding you had to hose it off. But if you leaned far enough over to miss the siding there was a good chance you'd fall off the roof. This was before cell phones and 911, so there was also a good chance an ambulance would take a couple of hours to get there. I never lost anyone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Wtf? I’ll be there in 10min

I'll guess you're kidding, Biz. ;-) If not, just ask around the bar and get my phone number. Or walk a half mile south and look for a guy on a big orange tractor cutting his grass.

These GTG's are tough to put together even with long lead times. On short notice you're flying by the seat of your pants. I'll try to put something together for later this summer or early fall. Even with the small turnout we had a good time at the last one.

• Like 2