Weird food combos/ concoctions that you love

rob-c

Ever open up the snack size bag of Fritos or Doritos (crunch ‘en up a little) and dump a scoop of chili right in the bag and dress accordingly(cheese, sour cream, etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taco in a bag; a softball tournament staple!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Bill Schmidt said:

Anchovies are quite possibly the grossest "food" to ever cross the face of the Earth. Instantaneous vomitus

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I am not a big fish fan, but love anchovies - figure that one out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Uncle Nicky said:

Anchovies on any kind of pizza, especially white pizza or focaccia. Most people cringe when they see me eat it.

When I was a kid a lot of old-timers ate what they called soffrite...brains, lungs, and tripe stewed with mushrooms, onions, & peppers in tomato sauce, I'm assuming it was all beef but not 100% sure. Either over spaghetti or drained a little & stuffed in a crusty roll. I'd eat it again if I came across it, but don't care enough to save all the parts from a deer or calf/steer to make it myself.

Beef or bison tongue...a lot of work, but it's very good. Best cold on rye bread with Swiss, raw onions, and  decent mustard. Chips, a deli pickle, and a cold glass of beer make it even better.

I love anchovies. One of my favorite pizzas is white pizza with anchovies and artichoke hearts with black olives. I am also a huge sardine fan. Have to be in tomato sauce or mustard sauce. Not a fan in just oil. 

• Like 4

Crispy Pata, braised chicken feet, and century egg are things most people hate but I love.

Are we going to let a “century egg” slip by with a whomping WTF?!?!? Dare I ask....what is it and why?
Are these those half fertilized and then fermented eggs I’ve seen that fat bald dude eat on TV?
And now Grampy knows who is buying the chicken feet!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, crappyice said:

Are we going to let a “century egg” slip by with a whomping WTF?!?!? Dare I ask....what is it and why?
Are these those half fertilized and then fermented eggs I’ve seen that fat bald dude eat on TV?
And now Grampy knows who is buying the chicken feet!

No, that's Balut and that crap taste like crap.

Century egg they preserve egg in an ash/salt mixture and buried for several weeks.  The salt basically "pickles" the egg and the mixture turns it black.  Has a very STRONG pungent flavor.  The mistake most people make is they eat it directly.  The key is to mix it was something bland like rice, oatmeal, etc.  It is a very acquired taste.  You either like it or your hate it.

On 7/14/2019 at 8:18 AM, Lawdwaz said:

Peanut butter and honey on wheat bread. 

Grilled cheese sandwich dipped in ketchup. 

Green olives in my egg salad sandwich. 

Pretty mild compared to previous entry’s I think....... :)

beg to differ. adding green olives to anything is sacrilege.

Pickle Fest in Pittsburgh is July 26-28th .

We’ll be there for some baseball games but leaving the 28th sadly .

Oh any restaurant recommendations? We go every year been to many including Meat and Potatoes ,Looking for good steak or Italian, money not a big factor .