40th wedding anniversary today

Steuben Jerry

Good Lord, I cant believe 40 years has gone by already. I met Doreen way back in 1976. One of our earliest dates was fishing on the Oak Orchard River in a rented aluminum boat. I think I turned her into an outdoors girl. Two daughters, four grandchildren (and counting). 40 years ago we said “I do”, and we still do!

13A486A4-5EF6-4C92-9332-4CED7FC4F75F.jpeg

• Like 24

Congrats,

It is cool that you found a wife who hunts.   I am thankful that mine at least likes to eat venison and fish, is a heck of a cook,  and does not mind running the vacuum sealer.    She did fish with me a couple weeks ago (on NY "free" fishing weekend) and even caught the first one, so I will have to keep her.   We are going on half way, where you are now, and I am looking forward to a lot more.   

Edited by wolc123
add video
  • Like 1

Atta boy! I love stories that glorify marriage! Over 40 years I am sure there were some ups and downs but 40 years is a sign that you work through those parts, not “bag it and start over” when times get tough! Good lesson for many!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Congratulations to both of you!

It takes a special mindset, compassion, kindness, respect, give and take, and of course a deep devotion and love for each other.

You both have found all of the above in abundance. In this day and age, that's something to be very proud of!

Hope you two lovebirds have many, many more milestones together.

• Like 1