My best camera seems to be my driveway surveillance camera

Bionic

Many big deer will typically use houses and access points to their advantage.. they watch us ding dongs stroll into and out of the woods. I have a 10yr old giant that always checks the spot where some guys park their trucks when season rolls around, while hes on his way to the destination field..  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Hunter007 said:

Up by you on 87 between exit 17 and 18  I saw a dead black bear on side of road and a nice 6 pointer all with in 5 Miles of each other last year around this time of year .

Lot more deer and bear around there  seems like lately .

Im a good hour-hour and a half above that area, but that is supposedly pretty bad down there when something runs across lol

You are right, you hear of more, and more sightings these past few years in Orange County....NJ/PA is loaded so it makes sense.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

looks like a big un.  Do you have any problems with bears so close to the house?  Buddy of mine in Owego has been woken up at night and had a bear on his deck at the sliding glass door.  Would you shoot a bear if one comes by the stand? 

Hes not too bad, decent size, a little above average.  Thrilled to see a good size bear! No issues yet! Smart with garbage, and no barbecue left outdoors, and I always burn the goop off the rack when cooking over fire out back.  I also wont leave my windows fully open overnight, I will drop the top halves down like 6” this way if a bear tries breaking in, maybe I will hear it.  A lot have the impression i live in a developed are, but this area is actually not like that, I think since my driveway is like a path in thick pine, its the animals path of least resistance.  I think thats all it is...Yes I want to harvest one good bear from home.  At our camp in the ADKs I would be appreciative of that too, but prefer here at home.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

What’s he carrying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nothing, TF asked me too when I texted him the video....the video was a pinch glitchy, and ghostly....its from a Blink XT2 not an actual game cam.

• 2 weeks later...

That nice bear came back through at 4:15am....clearer video this time.  The last time on video it was 12:40am, and 12 days ago.  Definitely on the heavier side of average that I see in my travels.  Really happy to see this bear a second time.  It has been a dream to get a bear from my property.  

C41B8483-46D0-4C8D-98F2-9D1A1C516817.png

4344AA67-2CAB-43A0-BBD6-9EDFAF860704.jpeg

BE27075C-E792-458E-80CA-0AA447DCB0BB.jpeg

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 7