My best camera seems to be my driveway surveillance camera

Bionic

So, ironically enough, the Blink XT cam I have on a tree about 25’ from my door, catches a whole lot of cool videos.  I get this doe who strolls through every evening...she sniffs the cam.  Friday at 8pm had this little bear walk by, and just last night at 12:06am this buck walked through.  Figured it was worth sharing, I have been enjoying this a lot.  These are all screenshots of videos.

E6B53783-32AE-4D09-8C8D-4EC5DD58C815.jpeg

16CBF409-A253-4DFA-9C19-4478AA806ACD.jpeg

CCF05AA3-3DAB-4E3A-8B1A-8BC8E159ABFE.jpeg

16EBEF80-476B-4E50-B9EC-E16A09F45288.jpeg

4499B931-B644-447B-9A86-164955C4FBAC.jpeg

0B541A5E-5441-4FAF-98CD-CDC0F821283C.jpeg

0890D287-1A70-4D2B-BB86-98AE41EC2125.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, DanD said:

No fawns with the doe?

Out of 6 doe that nibble around in my yard, only 2 have a fawn each by the looks of things.  I have 5 cameras out back, so we will see what they show the first weekend of August.

1 hour ago, Bionic said:

Out of 6 doe that nibble around in my yard, only 2 have a fawn each by the looks of things.  I have 5 cameras out back, so we will see what they show the first weekend of August.

I'm not sure how many does are around our place, but I've also only seen two with fawns. One with 2 and the other has 3. Thinking the 3 dropped early because they look enormous compared to the fawns from the other doe.

• Like 1

Cool pictures..I too seem to have a lot of activity in my yard.. the does are always eating in the yard when they have fawns. They seem to enjoy the safety.. they rarely bring the fawns with them though I am pretty sure they have little ones..

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, ncountry said:

Cool pictures..I too seem to have a lot of activity in my yard.. the does are always eating in the yard when they have fawns. They seem to enjoy the safety.. they rarely bring the fawns with them though I am pretty sure they have little ones..

When i was out in California i stopped  at this  place in the highlands near Sequoia National Park and   struck up a conversation  with one of the old  locals asked him  if they have a lot of deer around here . He went on to tell me that since they don't let you   hunt mountain lions anymore the only place you see deer anymore is right near people's homes  just like here they feel safer there . Says he thinks the deer population is way down from more  lions being  around he was not happy about it .

2 hours ago, Hawk914 said:

That's common the deer feel protected from predators and find  tastier food sources near peoples   homes .

20180114_102939.jpg

Never said I had some freak of nature scenario here...Point was I thought it was pretty cool the variety I am seeing lately off one single cam.  I get deer, bear, fisher, etc on cams placed out in the semi big woods here, and don't typically  get a decent buck, bear within days, on the same camera.  Also, when you live in more developed areas deer are more common in yards, than yards in areas with big tracts of woods around, at least in my experience.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hawk914 said:

Actually I find that its common even in the middle of nowhere  only deer I have seen in Adirondacks where near houses  for example  better food sources brings them in especially if no one bothers them .

My point was not “oh my god! A deer in my YARD” 

the variety within days on that single camera, was what I thought was cool...

• Like 1

I would be to !! Even though I've never seen them in my backyard it gets me excited when I see deer especially bucks not even 1 mile from me, I know exactly how you feel .

But in my case I can't  hunt them near me .

Still always cool to see deer especially bucks close to home. 

Edited by Hawk914
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Some of the biggest buck lay close to barns and houses..people just walk on by on way to the woods....

Funny you say that, I know a guy who says “if you can’t see a swing set from your stand, you’re too far in the woods”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Funny you say that, I know a guy who says “if you can’t see a swing set from your stand, you’re too far in the woods”

Gf killed a 13pt non typical between hunting camps while everyone was out deep in the woods...

• Like 3