School me on tractors

BigVal

1 minute ago, TreeGuy said:

Well, I did a little research. One of the major arguments that has been stated is that a hydro trans eats HP.

Here are some facts how the 06 kioti compares to a 2001 Kubota l3710

2006 kioti hp claimed 38

2001 Kubota hp claimed 38.5

Kioti at PTO 28.5

Kubota at PTO. 30

That shows that a 5 year senior model tractor, with hydro trans, has less power loss at PTO than a geared machine on basically equal horsepower.

Now truth be told, the 401 loader was an upgrade where the Kubota did not offer an upgrade, so for these purposes I will compare standard equipment (351) as most likely in the used market standard is more available than upgraded

Kioti loader @15.2gpm

Kubota loader @7.8gpm

Kioti lift. 2640

Kubota lift 2557

Lift to full height

Kioti 1415

Kubota 1499

Here I noticed that even though the Kubota pump/gpm is half what the kioti is, it can lift just under 100 less #'s, yet is able to lift just under 100# MORE to full height.

I am learning things here !!

BigVal, I hope my research has helped you see some actual # differences on what these machines can actually do. I'm not pushing Kubota, but one other fact about them that's different than other manufacturers is they make their own powerplants. No other company does that. This amongst other reasons is why kubotas hold their value vs kioti or tym are significantly less money used. Or who knows, maybe you find the one that fits you well and you hold on to it for awhile, which is what I'm hoping to help you with so you don't get machines that won't do most of the tasks you want to do and end up bouncing from one to the next.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Yes so my smaller hp tractor that is geared is doing the same.your larger hp hydro  is.. compare same hp.tractors. and my 401 loader is over 2800lb at height up grade or not it's an option one I researched very throughly  and for the price and what it can do the kioti wins hans down vers multiple manufacturers

Yes so my smaller hp tractor that is geared is doing the same.your larger hp hydro  is.. compare same hp.tractors. and my 401 loader is over 2800lb at height up grade or not it's an option one I researched very throughly  and for the price and what it can do the kioti wins hans down vers multiple manufacturers
Are you telling me that a .5 / 1/2hp would define mine as a "larger" hp tractor ? C'mon man, that's a stretch.

Why does the kioti, regardless of hp lose more at PTO than Kubota ?

Also, thank you for calling my rig a tractor, but I actually have grown fond of calling it a mower

Just now, TreeGuy said:

What's the details ? How much ?

Nobody home and no answer on the phone, I'll call in the morning again to see. Just snapped a quick pic, Ford 4000 tires could be better but doable. Exhaust looks new lol. I'll have more info when I talk to him 

• Like 1

True, but there is nothing worse than a slow loader when doing loader work with stone,gravel,sand,snow,etc..
I've never felt my loader was slow. And exactly why I say hydro for loader work, nothing worse than shifting back and forth while trying to work the bucket.

2 minutes ago, ncountry said:

True, but there is nothing worse than a slow loader when doing loader work with stone,gravel,sand,snow,etc..

You guys are loader happy I have loader and still plow with rear blade when i need to..  and what do you do with so much stone? If i get a load of stone every 5 years it's a lot and the drive way is almost 700ft long.. lol

Nobody home and no answer on the phone, I'll call in the morning again to see. Just snapped a quick pic, Ford 4000 tires could be better but doable. Exhaust looks new lol. I'll have more info when I talk to him 
Tires are $$$$$$$. Also, if tires are rough, see if they are loaded and if there's tubes or not. Calcium was a popular weight option for that era and without tubes (and even sometimes with) it would chew away at the rims and you won't see damage till it's too late. On my jubilee I woke up one morning to snow melted all around my rig and a flat tire. Calcium had ate a hole in the rim and she finally gave out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, G-Man said:

You guys are loader happy I have loader and still plow with rear blade when i need to..  and what do you do with so much stone? If i get a load of stone every 5 years it's a lot and the drive way is almost 700ft long.. lol

I'm guessing mine is around the same length.. My driveway is still a work in progress..ha ha. It gets a couple loads of stone every year.. a couple more years and it will be finished.. .

I think

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Are you telling me that a .5 / 1/2hp would define mine as a "larger" hp tractor ? C'mon man, that's a stretch.

Why does the kioti, regardless of hp lose more at PTO than Kubota ?

Also, thank you for calling my rig a tractor, but I actually have grown fond of calling it a mower

Your tractor is marketed as a 40 hp.. and it's less mine is marketed as a 35 hp And its more. I find that funny. 

Just now, ncountry said:

I'm guessing mine is around the same length.. My driveway is still a work in progress..ha ha. It gets a couple loads of stone every year.. a couple more years and it will be finished.. .

I think

Did you lay down a fabric as base for driveway? If not it may be decades before it fills in.. always used used motor oil as a binder on stone driveways ( my grandmother's was almost 1/3 mile long) when we sold the farm the contractor broke several teeth on. Excavator trying to dig it out..eventually gave up and the redesigned the development to put road over existing driveway..  had our own barrel and drip pipe spreader to spread it..hardens up like concrete...

• Like 1

2700' driveway and I wouldn't have it any other way than the rear blade ! Found a deal on a woods that can be adjusted every direction.

But there, I may have disproved a few of your theory's, but we agree on something !

Your tractor is marketed as a 40 hp.. and it's less mine is marketed as a 35 hp And its more. I find that funny. 

It's a L3710, meaning 37hp

Still not as funny as the much larger percentage lost at PTO on your gear vs my hydro......