Ok ok, I'm sure this has been addressed but....

buffalojay83

PS be careful with some of the knockoff mechanicals. Know a few guys who buy the Chinese versions to save a few bucks. In my opinion it's hard to swallow $40 for a 3 pack, but if you consider all the other time and effort put into deer hunting, do you really want to skim on one of your most critical items?

• Like 4

^^^ So made in China is that much different than manufactured in China, but assembled in the USA. Several different threads on the other bow hunting forum discussing or questioning  exactly where Rage BHs are manufactured &/or are simply assembled. IRC - To be legally labeled as "Made in USA" it simply needs to be assembled here with parts from unknown sources...

I too have read bad reviews of specific BHs (mechanical and fixed) not penetrating, deploying prematurely, lack of blood trails, erratic flight, etc. Also have used some of these very same BHs and had good luck with them! Like I mentioned earlier, if what you're using has been successful, by all means keep using it! If you have one bad experience with a certain BH, aren't you going to question its' performance??!?? It can be a slippery slope (and $$) searching for the "latest n greatest" ultimate BH with potential success or terrible disappointments!

Edited by nyslowhand

2 hours ago, nyslowhand said:

^^^ So made in China is that much different than manufactured in China, but assembled in the USA. Several different threads on the other bow hunting forum discussing or questioning  exactly where Rage BHs are manufactured &/or are simply assembled. IRC - To be legally labeled as "Made in USA" it simply needs to be assembled here with parts from unknown sources...

I too have read bad reviews of specific BHs (mechanical and fixed) not penetrating, deploying prematurely, lack of blood trails, erratic flight, etc. Also have used some of these very same BHs and had good luck with them! Like I mentioned earlier, if what you're using has been successful, by all means keep using it! If you have one bad experience with a certain BH, aren't you going to question its' performance??!?? It can be a slippery slope (and $$) searching for the "latest n greatest" ultimate BH with potential success or terrible disappointments!

I guess my thought wasn't so much about who are where they're made, but that the knockoffs are not made by the engineers and quality team that makes the authentic ones. They're made to be cheap and profitable and nothing more. Not a risk I would take.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pigmy said:

I guess my thought wasn't so much about who are where they're made, but that the knockoffs are not made by the engineers and quality team that makes the authentic ones. They're made to be cheap and profitable and nothing more. Not a risk I would take.

China infringes on patents constantly and sometimes its the same factory making the real and knockoff parts.  Not sure if that's the case with rage.  I am not suggesting its good to support patent infringement (I am assuming rage heads are patented) but the quality could be identical.  Regardless, use whatever head gives one the most confidence. 

26 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

China infringes on patents constantly and sometimes its the same factory making the real and knockoff parts.  Not sure if that's the case with rage.  I am not suggesting its good to support patent infringement (I am assuming rage heads are patented) but the quality could be identical.  Regardless, use whatever head gives one the most confidence. 

Building molds for so long and I learned patents are only worth the money you have to fight the legal battle. I saw one guy who was pretty wealthy lose almost everything fighting legal battles over his patent until he finally passed away ,the product he was trying to protect was those pvc electrical enclosures for vinyl sided houses.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Building molds for so long and I learned patents are only worth the money you have to fight the legal battle. I saw one guy who was pretty wealthy lose almost everything fighting legal battles over his patent until he finally passed away ,the product he was trying to protect was those pvc electrical enclosures for vinyl sided houses.

This is true.  The legal costs are very high for patent cases (typically well over $500k for most cases that go to trial).  Add in Chinese infringement and its near impossible to do anything without jurisdiction.

50 minutes ago, Pigmy said:

To me broad heads or bullets are not to be cheaped  out on, For Pete sakes people it’s whats doing the work and killing the animal. Now granted lower cost versions can / have performed excellent on animals , but why risk a cheaply made product. 

• Like 1

To me broad heads or bullets are not to be cheaped  out on, For Pete sakes people it’s whats doing the work and killing the animal. Now granted lower cost versions can / have performed excellent on animals , but why risk a cheaply made product. 

Not wanting to pay the cost of Rage having 85 celebrity endorsements and a fortune in packaging is not what I call cheaping out. There are plenty of excellent broadheads that don't cost $15
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Not wanting to pay the cost of Rage having 85 celebrity endorsements and a fortune in packaging is not what I call cheaping out. There are plenty of excellent broadheads that don't cost $15

I agree, to me one is better off buying thunderheads  or original muzzys ( they are a tried and true heads ) vs buying the cheap Chinese knock off’s that one doesn’t know what they are getting. 

• Like 1