WHO'S WHO HERE NOW??????

Lawdwaz

1 hour ago, Thejerkman said:

Can you really compare growie to storm. I’d say growie was ganged up on for being her self and that was wrong. Storm is generally asking for or inciting most of what he gets.

That being said I miss growie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dearly miss Growie myself, even if she WAS nuttier than squirrel shit...

Exchanged a lot of PMs with her and considered her one of my friends..  Her absence is definitely a loss to this forum...

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Exchanged a lot of PMs with her and considered her one of my friends..  Her absence is definitely a loss to this forum...

Her contributions were a great addition to this forum. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Nope, she definitely wasn't perfect. None of us are. But she was the only growie we had. And I agree Dan, her absence IS, definitely a loss to this forum...

• Like 1

So how do we get her back, is there someone here who has maintained a relationship with her that can let her know we would like her to return. We will even stick up for her if people get stupid

So how do we get her back, is there someone here who has maintained a relationship with her that can let her know we would like her to return. We will even stick up for her if people get stupid

Simple. Go find her in River’s blind. Bring treats for Angel so you don’t get bit.

On a serious note, I used PM with her a lot as well.

• Like 2

I have PM'd Grow as well. Only ever during deer season. She seemed great last season and we shared some pictures. I have asked her to return more than once but she has no interest. I guess I don't blame her. 

Maybe if all you guys that want her back send her a PM requesting her return and let her know she is still talked about and missed we can get her to trickle back. 

If not I will reach out to her during hunting season. She is very pleasant to chat with and I consider her a hunting buddy that I have never met. Just like I consider most of you....

• Like 2

Rossi was Banned. His Threads were very interesting. He did write on Mourning Doves alot. He was the driving force in trying to get a Dove Season in place. 

And that ended up being his demise. He could not handle the truths when they were put on his post's. When he made it personal with members and Mod's he made his bed.

• Like 2

While it was hard to understand her some times, Growie never attacked nor really displayed any ill will towards anyone.

Rossi was passion about his cause which is good.  Some times too passionate.  But he just went about it the wrong way.  He had a bit of a "you're either with me or you're against me" attitude.  No innocent bystanders in his war.  He use to email me directly outside of the forum because I supported his cause a bit.  Then he got "loud" with me when he felt I wasn't doing enough and that's when I had to cut him off.

• Like 2

I bet growalot would come back if Belo/Pigmy were to offer up himself as a sacrifice and accept a lifetime ban.  A side benefit is that we would be rid of our last hard-driven anti-crossbow member.    I find it strange that a guy who complains all the time about racism has no problem picking on women.     

5 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

I bet growalot would come back if Belo/Pigmy were to offer up himself as a sacrifice and accept a lifetime ban.  A side benefit is that we would be rid of our last hard-driven anti-crossbow member.    I find it strange that a guy who complains all the time about racism has no problem picking on women.     

f out of here with that. I pick on everyone who deserves it regardless of race or gender. But thanks for pointing out the issue. Nobody cares if we beat up on 4 season, papsmear, stormy or yourself, but grow was a woman. So it was different.

I'll even make you a deal. I'll leave if you do. How's that sound? 

Edited by Pigmy

4 minutes ago, Pigmy said:

Nobody cares if we beat up on 4 season, papsmear, stormy or yourself, but grow was a woman. So it was different.

Maybe it's just a generational thing. I was born in 1959 and raised that giving a woman a hard time was simply not to be tolerated, doubly bad if it was an older woman. I get the modern women's equality thing though.

Belo/Pigmy, I don't know your age, but I'm guessing early millennial? A lot of what was once considered respectful behavior is different from the boomer generation to the millennial generation. We probably seem like out of date relics!

• Like 3

f out of here with that. I pick on everyone who deserves it regardless of race or gender. But thanks for pointing out the issue. Nobody cares if we beat up on 4 season, papsmear, stormy or yourself, but grow was a woman. So it was different.
I'll even make you a deal. I'll leave if you do. How's that sound? 

Lol. All one has to look at is the source when it comes to the so called..Picking On.. I myself love to watch the show and have many times got the ball rolling myself just to watch the show. Like anyone on this site has any meaning in my life to take it as far as leaving because of a few low self esteem people. Women or not many a times she put a few in their place. Funny thing is that she most likely forgot more than some of the so called "Hunter's" will ever know.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Maybe it's just a generational thing. I was born in 1959 and raised that giving a woman a hard time was simply not to be tolerated, doubly bad if it was an older woman. I get the modern women's equality thing though.

Belo/Pigmy, I don't know your age, but I'm guessing early millennial? A lot of what was once considered respectful behavior is different from the boomer generation to the millennial generation. We probably seem like out of date relics!

I'm one of the most respectful people you'll meet in person. My kids would not speak to you without saying excuse me, they mind their p's and q's. I'll hold the door for anyone, woman or men. i'll help woman getting their luggage out of the overhead bins on an airline. I'm 35, so I'm borderline not even a millennial. 

All that said, if you say some dumb shit, you don't get a pass. All you old school guys hate that the racism card is played way too frequently because you want everyone to be equal, yet you still uphold values of treating a woman differently? And I'm not talking physically, but in conversation. It's a very hypocritical approach to take. 

Can you even imagine the crap old man river would get if he made a thread about bringing his compound and crossbow into his deer blind? Come on guys...

6 minutes ago, Pigmy said:

I'm one of the most respectful people you'll meet in person. My kids would not speak to you without saying excuse me, they mind their p's and q's. I'll hold the door for anyone, woman or men. i'll help woman getting their luggage out of the overhead bins on an airline. I'm 35, so I'm borderline not even a millennial. 

All that said, if you say some dumb shit, you don't get a pass. All you old school guys hate that the racism card is played way too frequently because you want everyone to be equal, yet you still uphold values of treating a woman differently? And I'm not talking physically, but in conversation. It's a very hypocritical approach to take. 

Can you even imagine the crap old man river would get if he made a thread about bringing his compound and crossbow into his deer blind? Come on guys...

If 'everyone' was PERFECT here, would we all get along better????..................

Just a thought...............

I have no doubt whatsoever that your kids are great kids. And that in "real life" you are a great guy.

So I just don't understand why you need to be a "Dick" here at times? You don't really need to be.

• Like 1

If 'everyone' was PERFECT here, would we all get along better????..................
Just a thought...............
I have no doubt whatsoever that your kids are great kids. And that in "real life" you are a great guy.
So I just don't understand why you need to be a "Dick" here at times? You don't really need to be.

Man if there ever was a Pot and Kettle involved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, airedale said:

What is dumb shit to one person may not be dumb shit to another and that is where the problems start. 

Al

very good point.

and on that note. I'm off to pick up my new bow and then drink beers in my pool all weekend. see ya'll monday. Unless of course wolc takes me up on my offer

15 minutes ago, Pigmy said:

very good point.

and on that note. I'm off to pick up my new bow and then drink beers in my pool all weekend. see ya'll monday. Unless of course wolc takes me up on my offer

You still haven't got that thing yet !?